<

Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by al-Ustaadh, May 23, 2020.

?

Keep or Sell?

1. Sell

31.5%
  2. Sell but only for big money (£40m +)

46.7%
  3. Keep him for now

10.3%
  4. Keep him long-term

11.4%
  1. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

2. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

Arteta played him starting eleven before each bigger incident over Willock and Ceballos. What are you talking about?

3. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

4. Elite Smarts

Elite Smarts Active Member

Value won't drop when you have multiple clubs bidding for the player.

5. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

The writing is on the wall. Everything I'm hearing about him sucks. I'm sure he is doing some good somewhere and it's not all one sided but simple things like being nice and having manners to the staff should be basic stuff drilled into you by your parents or whoever raised you.

6. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

He’s rated highly in Europe for his potential, transfermarkt values him at 40m euros.

It also values Lacazette at 50m. :lol:

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  7. Get These Hands

Get These Hands Off of my purse !

He's a leader on the pitch. Not like we have an abundance of them at the club.

8. Goonger

Goonger Well-Known Member

That negates everything if he's undermining the manager off it, if not for purely the fact if he is doing that, he won't even make it on the pitch.

Tosker and mpower2540 like this.
  9. TornadoTed

TornadoTed Well-Known Member

I literally don't care in the slightest what happens to Matteo. He either gets us a decent transfer fee/leverage in a swap or he apologies, buckles down and sorts his discipline out. I think the first scenario is about a million times more likely than the second.

CaseUteinberger and krackpot like this.
  10. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

Would be incredible to get those fees. Doubt we get more than €35m for Lacazette, but €40m would (at least pre-Corona) be entirely possible.

I won't miss him if he does go for €30m+.

11. mpower2540

mpower2540 Well-Known Member

Never really seen it with him. He’s had some stand out performances and may develop into a good midfielder but I don’t think he has any of the attributes we need right now.

He also comes across as a ratbag yet for some reason people see that behaviour as leadership. Have to be honest he just winds me up watching him most of the time :facepalm: :lol:.

JCB and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  12. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

it will be the summer of George

El Duderino likes this.
  13. Gunners1616

Gunners1616 Well-Known Member

I find it really shocking people even suggesting we should sell Torreira. 2 years ago he was collecting MOTM trophies one after another until Emery decided to use him as an offensive midfielder for some reason.

All we have to do is let him get some rhythm as DM or CM and i'm sure he won't leave the starting 11. Even assuming we get Partey, a Torreira - Partey midfield would be a nightmare for the opposing teams.

And he just 24 years old. There is no point selling a good player with his profile.

14. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Yeah I agree, depending on how Arteta wants to play. If he wants a sitting midfielder to protect defense then don't think we'll get someone better that we can afford. Torreira was pretty good value.

15. Gunners1616

Gunners1616 Well-Known Member

Good question. Don't even follow him but people keeps retweeting him. Seems like one of those who think you can sell 10 players and buy 11 in the same window, Fifa style.

16. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

Some people need a new start. I think it's that time for Matteo.

krengon likes this.
  17. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

Think he's just a coquelin v2. He was meant to be Coquelin with progressive passing but I haven't seen that.

What I have seen is him look terrified if he doesn't have someone within 10 yards to pass to. Never listening to A-M again, people were calling him a Coquelin-Cazorla hybrid at one point.

18. billyf

billyf Active Member

Cazorla? Lol, I can barely recall Guendouzi shooting.

19. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

If Ceballos continues form in the next 5 games, I'd be more than happy with a swap. I like the fact that Ceballos is one of those players that buzzes around annoying everyone, gets stuck in and jumps back in if he losses the ball, yet in 34 appearances inc 5 for Spain U21 he hasn't had a single yellow or red card. Douzi on the other hand 36 appearances 8 yellows!

Artisan likes this.
  20. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

The Lucas camp seem to bring up a move every window / international break. His agent openly talks to the press about Milan & a return to Italy.

Red London likes this.