• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

:lol: @ the fans being responsible for Wenger’s decline/sacking.

It’s called life, I always felt he was here a handful of years too long.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

:lol: @ the fans being responsible for Wenger’s decline/sacking.
This is the new one that’s going to become gospel somehow.

It also indirectly accuses our fanbase of being entitled and ungrateful. You don’t get the majority of the fan base saying it’s time to go if it’s not time to go ffs. :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Fans weren't happy when we lost the league to Leicester then finished out of the top four 2 years in a row, Wenger was moved on.

Fans weren't happy with Emery messing up Champions League in his first season and being an absolute disaster in his second season, he was moved on.

Fans are happy now because Arteta has really showed us something in barely a year in charge, including some trophies already in the bag...every situation is different really, Emery didn't improve on Arsène, but Mikel has improved on Big Unai.

That's how football works...when you don't meet your targets the fans won't be happy...you can't blame the fans for being negative as the reasons Arsène failed towards the end, the negativity was there for a reason...some of it was over the top though.

So the main reason we went Invincible in 2004 wasn't having peak Henry, Pires and Vieira in the team...but it was because all the fans were happy all the time...where is my league winners medal then!?

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It also indirectly accuses our fanbase of being entitled and ungrateful.
Don’t get me wrong, I feel like this is definitely the case, always have. As a fanbase, I think we’re awful quite frankly.

I was at the games when we used to sing songs about Adebayor’s parents when he started flirting with other clubs, when Eboue, Gervinho and others got booed and etc.

Treatment towards Wenger towards the end was disgusting. A lot of capable players have been chewed and spat out by the fans over the years.

It’s no coincidence we’re doing stuff on the pitch nowadays with no fans.

However it was clear to see Wenger was on the decline, the players weren’t even listening to him in the end.
A whole institution depending on one guy is never healthy as well, look how clueless everyone is since he has left, ditto Man Utd.

He needed to go just should have been sooner.

I’ve missed the part where this all ties in Willian?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Don’t get me wrong, I feel like this is definitely the case, always have. As a fanbase, I think we’re awful quite frankly.

I was at the games when we used to sing songs about Adebayor’s parents when he started flirting with other clubs, when Eboue, Gervinho and others got booed and etc.

Treatment towards Wenger towards the end was disgusting. A lot of capable players have been chewed and spat out by the fans over the years.

It’s no coincidence we’re doing stuff on the pitch nowadays with no fans.

However it was clear to see Wenger was on the decline, the players weren’t even listening to him in the end.
A whole institution depending on one guy is never healthy as well, look how clueless everyone is since he has left, ditto Man Utd.

He needed to go just should have been sooner.

I’ve missed the part where this all ties in Willian?
It's the same at every top club man, especially those who get used to competing for the highest honours.

Madrid fans booed Ronaldo ffs. United fans tried to set a fire outside Woodword's home.:lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

True. I expect too much from people.

The Wenger disrespect was hard to stomach even though I wanted him to step down.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
:lol: Arsenal fans are not ungrateful or spoilt, we have been getting served a **** sandwich every year since Kroenke came in. Losing our best players to direct rivals constantly. Considering where we were 15-20 years ago we have been majorly shafted.

Wanting Wenger to leave and call it a day before it got more and more messy wasn't ungrateful, it was just looking to the future. The people saying "see look where we are at now after Wenger" are hilarious. What happened to United after SAF? An even bigger juggernaut than us who hadent shown any decline under him. What about Madrid after Ronaldo left? Even when a largely influencial player leaves you can suffer for a year or two. As @Trilly and @Macho say its life. Stuff comes to an end and new things are born. There is a process undertaken to transition from that previous state to a new healthy one. If it didnt happen when it happened maybe it would be happening now and we'd be bringing in an Emery as we speak :rofl:

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I don’t know how you can come to that conclusion when we were getting worse at the rate we were. It got to the point where I hated football because it got so predictable. I hardly watched any of our games in the end because it was impossible to get excited about them. Ever since Wenger left it came back irrespective of whether we were ****e or decent; hope returned and it’s since been rewarded as far as I’m concerned. What was happening upstairs was always going to happen even if he stayed, so his goose was well and truly cooked.

I can’t remember a more exciting time to be an Arsenal fan since 2004. Why anybody would want to talk about Wenger now or regrets is bewildering. We are still clambering out of the whole he left us in.

So basically you'd rather be 8th without Arsène than in the top 4 with him? This sounds like you personally dislike him. Your hope has been rewarded with what? 8th place finish and losing to Olympiakos? Arsène won plenty of FA Cups so that can't be it.

I don't know how you guys expect Arsène to stay getting top 4 football when we were spending 100 million on bums like Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez. Or spending 50 million on useless Lacazette, Relying on guys like Giroud and Walcott forever. Arsenal fans never want to blame the players it's always the managers.

I don't think Arsène should have stayed as long as he did but he had no chance with the squads we were building. Ivan Gazidis had no clue what he was doing. Things got worse after him and only now does it look like we might be signing decent players, even if we're ravaging Chelsea's bins.

BigPoppaPump

Wenger's replacement not being suitable for the job is somehow being used to say we shouldn't have sacked Wenger.

Such a poor argument. Would sacking Wenger have been a mistake if we hired Klopp/Guardiola instead of Emery?

Well obviously not if we hired a good coach duh.

Though Guardiola would look even worse than Arsène with the players at his disposal. I'd love to see him try his style of football with the likes of Walcott.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I don't know how you guys expect Arsène to stay getting top 4 football when we were spending 100 million on bums like Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez. Or spending 50 million on useless Lacazette, Relying on guys like Giroud and Walcott forever. Arsenal fans never want to blame the players it's always the managers.
I’ve always blamed the players. They will probably snake Arteta down the line too.

I’ve never been caught up about top 4, it’s not like we signed quality with the money (Mustafi, Xhaka, Perez etc). We only got spanked by Bayern and Barca anyways.

I much prefer FA cup wins and hopefully Europa Cup rather than top 4. If I got to choose the way we return to CL places, would be that way.

BigPoppaPump

I’ve always blamed the players. They will probably snake Arteta down the line too.

I’ve never been caught up about top 4, it’s not like we signed quality with the money (Mustafi, Xhaka, Perez etc). We only got spanked by Bayern and Barca anyways.

I much prefer FA cup wins and hopefully Europa Cup rather than top 4. If I got to choose the way we return to CL places, would be that way.

Feel like we should've won the Europa by now tbh, every team we play in that tournament is rubbish until the semis and we always end up bottling it. We're cursed in Europe.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah I don’t know what it is about Europe. One day.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is the new one that’s going to become gospel somehow.

It also indirectly accuses our fanbase of being entitled and ungrateful. You don’t get the majority of the fan base saying it’s time to go if it’s not time to go ffs. :lol:
Sounds like you're a crowd follower. Try thinking for yourself.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I felt the same with Wenger, that's why I wanted him to call it a day after winning the FA Cup. No shame in not being at your peak after 22 years!

Re Willian, agree again. I said when we got him that one good season will be worth the 3 years cost of £16m. There's no reason at all to think he'll be a failure this season, he ended very well at Chelsea. Personally I think we'll get 2 good years from him!
I wanted him to call it a day too. You can only watch bear baiting for so long, he was bound to deteriorate after 2015/16. No man is immune to that sort of abuse. No shame in folding eventually, as you say.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I wanted him to call it a day too. You can only watch bear baiting for so long, he was bound to deteriorate after 2015/16. No man is immune to that sort of abuse. No shame in folding eventually, as you say.

And the good news is, from what I've read he's enjoying it more than he thought he would. I guess when you've been a manager for so long, you fear not being one but not being one can also surprise you!

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Well obviously not if we hired a good coach duh.

Though Guardiola would look even worse than Arsène with the players at his disposal. I'd love to see him try his style of football with the likes of Walcott.
So keep the manager who you admit stayed too long because there's no guarantee you'll get someone better? What are you even saying right now.
So basically you'd rather be 8th without Arsène than in the top 4 with him? This sounds like you personally dislike him.
Wtf?!

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Sounds like you're a crowd follower. Try thinking for yourself.
You're not even making sense anymore.You always do this when you get to a place you can't debate yourself out of.

Crowd follower
tenor.gif

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

So in summary Wenger would have continued to finish in the top four indefinitely if it wasn't for the fans.

Nothing to do with United finally recovering from Fergie leaving, A Sp**s golden generation led by Kane/Poch and the revival of Liverpool kickstarted by Jurgen Klopp and Salah.

Nope, it was the pressure from the fans. Okayyyy.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

So in summary Wenger would have continued to finish in the top four indefinitely if it wasn't for the fans.
Even with all the fans and media baying for blood in 2016/17 he only missed out on top 4 by one point and won the FA Cup for the 7th time. I'll let you answer your own question.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You're not even making sense anymore.You always do this when you get to a place you can't debate yourself out of.

Crowd follower
tenor.gif
The whole of society mocked Darwin for suggesting we came from apes. You'd have been right in there calling him an an idiot, laughing with your mates. All those people can't be wrong about something. :lol:

Top Bottom