• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

vantoure

Find it funny (hypocritical even) how fans find it convenient to reference Arsène's quotes about refs now, when at the time it was arsenal fans themselves that mocked him and claimed he was making cheap excuses.

To be honest, most fans deserve the situation the club is in currently. The disrespect, lack of appreciation was unbelievable

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Should never have moved to a new stadium.

Unless we got taken over by a Chelsea/City style owner, the stadium move makes no sense (bar profit for the board) we were competing up to the move, then had to sell multiple key players for years just to not basically do a Leeds...what was the point in doing it ffs :lol: :mad:

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You realise looking at fans posts about managers over years, that all the so called 'best' managers have been at the richest clubs in every country, Real, Barca, Bayern, Dortmund, United, Chelsea, City, PSG, Juventus, Inter Milan, Benfica, Porto etc. I wonder why?

When they have stepped down to cheaper clubs, Mourinho at Sp**s, Ancelotti at Everton etc they often win nothing. Had they started out and stayed at those clubs, they wouldn't be held in such esteem. That's what set Wenger apart, he achieved amazing consistency and trophy haul at a club not much different to Sp**s, spending 5th and below.. He truly was a magnificent manager.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Imagine literally having to sell your best players for the club to survive and people coming out of every season disappointed you haven't won the title. It's crazy looking back on it. :lol:

11/12 for instance was seen as a massive failure despite the fact we finished 3rd on 75 points (we'd absolutely kill for that now btw), despite the fact we had to sell Fabregas and Nasri, with only really Arteta to replace them, otherwise we had to look toward internal solutions like Rosicky and Ramsey, or Beneyoun who was on loan. Sold our starting LB and didn't replace him. Had to cope with Wilshere being injured all season. Literally everything was against us and Wenger that year and we STILL finished 3rd and a lot of the fanbase and pretty much all of the media was using it to say Wenger was past it because he couldn't compete with the two Manchester clubs, like I said it's absolutely bonkers when you think about it. No other manager in history had such expectations with working with so little, he was turning water into wine and people were crying saying they wanted champagne instead. :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
This post should be stickied at the top of Arsenal Talk, in the Transfer Rumor section too.

The boss gets too much disrespect given what he's done for this club. A modern day Herbert Chapman and Shankly rolled into one.
You can sticky what you want, but people ignore such stuff on purpose. It’s sad really, but you just have to accept it.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You can sticky what you want, but people ignore such stuff on purpose. It’s sad really, but you just have to accept it.
Drip by drip they know, deep down, what gullible clowns they’ve been, whatever they post. Now there’s no Wenger between us and our clueless owners it’s pretty much laid bare, unless you’re completely blind.

simba

Manberg Again
I both agree with and disagree with points made on the following podcast:

Sure, Van Dijk was available for £16mil when we got Chambers for £18mil, but it’s so easy to say that in hindsight. You really think there’s a magical process to knowing who’ll turn out world class?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I both agree with and disagree with points made on the following podcast:

Sure, Van Dijk was available for £16mil when we got Chambers for £18mil, but it’s so easy to say that in hindsight. You really think there’s a magical process to knowing who’ll turn out world class?

i mean they're just kinda looking at everything from a negative viewpoint, no? Like what they're saying isn't gospel, they make some good points, but someone else could just as easily make other points to defend Wenger. Having three people all with a negative viewpoint doesn't exactly make a great conversation.

And why did she list all the bad players he signed and everyone we missed out on? That's football. If you're a manager for long enough, you're gonna sign some bad players and miss out on some good players. I don't see why Wenger is the only manager in football to be criticised for that.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
And no we didn't get what we wanted from the Emirates move, but who can say 100% we'd be better off if we hadn't moved? Isn't there a possibility we'd be even worse off? The oil money was coming anyway, nothing we could do would stop that. Having a big modern stadium at least puts you on a better long-term footing to compete with oil money.

They talk about lack of ambition, yeah, that comes from the owners of the club. Wenger was powerful but he wasn't omnipotent, he can't change the owners. "He became a frontman for the club"...yeah? What should he have done, walked away and left us with someone worse? The guy had offers from every big club in Europe, Utd, Madrid, goodness knows who else, you think he stayed cos he just loved our lack of ambition??

Wenger made a lot of mistakes, like any manager who manages for long enough, and he stayed probably 3 years too long, that's widely recognised, but to say the Emirates era tarnished his legacy is the biggest pile of horsesh*t ever.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Wenger made a lot of mistakes, like any manager who manages for long enough, and he stayed probably 3 years too long, that's widely recognised, but to say the Emirates era tarnished his legacy is the biggest pile of horsesh*t ever.
Clowns.

Wenger broke Arsenal and Premier League records, 7 FA Cups, 3 EPL titles, the invincibles year, top 4 for twenty years straight without a break, spending 5th or below. Magnificent over performance.

Imagine having the audacity to pretend you know where ‘he was going wrong’ with that record. :lol::lol::lol:. Only a fool can’t see now we’re a mid table club that it was him alone that stood between us and clueless owners.

Last edited:

TinFish

Wenger is the best modern day manager Arsenal ever had. It is that simple. I don't know much about Chapman but I'm sure he would have been proud of the hard, passionate work Wenger put into the club.

At the end of the day he is a victim of his own success. He made us expect more from Arsenal football club and it's simply down to the fact that he made Arsenal a global brand and a genuine regular competitor for the Premier League at one point.

An amazing man that comes with bundles of grace and humility. He is the footballing equivalent to David Attenborough - I've read articles about him whenever he enters a room, or a conference full of other World Class managers/footballers he always commands the most respect.

I just wish, for fairy tale sake and for the history books that he was more successful with the club. He truly deserves it. A lot of it is not down to him - mercenaries took over the club (the yanks/agents) and turned us into Arsenal PLC. No one could have predicted the oil money during our transition and the huge revenues coming from media outlets. However despite all the crap we are still in a relatively healthy situation and I'm confident at some point Arsenal will be a force again - just like Liverpool are now.

Now I'm waiting for a statue of the man himself and hopefully a job in the Arsenal backroom or something - if there is someone we need...we need an astute man who knows how to run a club efficiently without corruption.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Now I'm waiting for a statue of the man himself and hopefully a job in the Arsenal backroom or something - if there is someone we need...we need an astute man who knows how to run a club efficiently without corruption.

I wouldn't wish this upon him. Never go back.

Top Bottom