• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Messi vs. Ronaldo

Who is the superior footballer?

• Total voters

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It's one of the things that winds me up the most in football. Fans and pundits are always setting them. When we won our first trophy in 9 years you had oppo fans, pundits and people that watched 3 games a year laying down what now needs to be done in order to be validated as a football team again, because we last won the league in 2004.

"Yeah , but, but, you have to do this now.... and win the league or the CL now... yeah... then we'll acknowledge you as a football team again, even though we just want to see you to burn forever".

**** off.
Exactly meanwhile Harry Kane nets 3 against Panama and "Sp**s were shrewd to sign the youngster onto more time... That club is really going places"
FECK ME!

avalonhse

But the lad from Finland who will never even get the chance to prove that can;t be simply because of the rest of his nation's talent?

Bogus logic.

Why not? Life is that unfair, so deal with it. Any successful person needs a sheer amount of luck, no matter how talent he is.

If Steve Jobs had grown in Laos, could he be the great person as he is? Virtually impossible.

Meanwhile there are always ways to work around. If Steve Jobs was born in Laos, he could migrate to US to become the top of the world even the chance is slim.

Same logic can apply to Messi: he had a choice to play for Spain , won the WC and become the GOAT. His choice is playing for Argentina, do we need to blame for destiny?

Sound logical to me.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Why not? Life is that unfair, so deal with it. Any successful person needs a sheer amount of luck, no matter how talent he is.
Sorry but that is a bloody lazy argument trying to defend the title of GOAT.

If you are the greatest of all time your nationality should play no part in that. Or are racists deciding these things now?

avalonhse

Sorry but that is a bloody lazy argument trying to defend the title of GOAT.

If you are the greatest of all time your nationality should play no part in that. Or are racists deciding these things now?

Lol When you can not win a argument, blame others "racists".

Let's stop here :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Lol When you can not win a argument, blame others "racists".

Let's stop here :lol:
If you're saying you have to be a certain nationality to be the GOAT it is discrimination of some form whether you like it or not. If you don;t feel so then you don;t understand what discrimination is.

misko

"Ronaldo is the Real Madrid's GOAT" whereas he only won 2 Liga in 9 years and was awful during 3 CL's finals of 4 :lol:
He have to thanks Ramos and Bale for finals won.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Perhaps, but is it wrong ?
It's both dumb and wrong because CR7 has not only scored more CL Final goals than Messi but also gotten his team to more finals than Messi in spite of almost always having an inferior team to Messi. :lol:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
It's both dumb and wrong because CR7 has not only scored more CL Final goals than Messi but also gotten his team to more finals than Messi in spite of almost always having an inferior team to Messi. :lol:
Messi has won La liga like 3 times more than Ronaldo though. Hard to say that a team that buys superstars every year that they always have a inferior team.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Besides, neither has won the worldcup, only Giroud has done that here, he is obviously the better player.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mbappe to Messi vs Ronaldo
tenor.gif

misko

But why is it wrong ? you didn't reply to my arguments. Ronaldo played 4 CL finals at Real Madrid, he scored a useless penalty in 2014, nothing in 2016 (same in semi-finals), a brace in 2017 and nothing in 2018 ( same in semi-finals), his only good final performance was in 2017.
Ronaldo scores so many treble, brace but it's useless if you're not good in semi-finals or finals, Guys like Marcelo, Ramos or Modric have been more regular that him and have more influence in the Real Madrid successes. How can he be considered as the key player in all Real Madrid CL successes whereas he failed so many finals and semi-finals ? I don't understand.

Last edited:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

But why is it wrong ? you didn't reply to my arguments. Ronaldo played 4 finals at Real Madrid, he scored a useless penalty in 2014, nothing in 2016 (same in semi-finals), a brace in 2017 and nothing in 2018 ( same in semi-finals), his only good final performance was in 2017.
Ronaldo scores so many treble, brace but it's useless if you're not good in semi-finals or finals, Guys like Marcelo, Ramos or Modric have been more regular that him and have more influence in the Real Madrid successes. How can he be considered as the key player in all Real Madrid successes whereas he failed so many finals and semi-finals ? I don't understand.
What? Haven't Ronaldo has scored like 13 goals in 15 finals played with Real or something like that?

Batman

Messi has won La liga like 3 times more than Ronaldo though. Hard to say that a team that buys superstars every year that they always have a inferior team.
They haven't spent big in a couple of summers and they've been very quiet compared to Barcelona in recent years. Messi enjoyed a large chuck of the players making up Spain's golden generation for years. Madrid didn't have that level of squad. By no means would I say Madrid are paupers or have a terrible squad but Barcelona has definitely had the superior squad more often than not in the last 9 years.

Batman

But why is it wrong ? you didn't reply to my arguments. Ronaldo played 4 CL finals at Real Madrid, he scored a useless penalty in 2014, nothing in 2016 (same in semi-finals), a brace in 2017 and nothing in 2018 ( same in semi-finals), his only good final performance was in 2017.
Ronaldo scores so many treble, brace but it's useless if you're not good in semi-finals or finals, Guys like Marcelo, Ramos or Modric have been more regular that him and have more influence in the Real Madrid successes. How can he be considered as the key player in all Real Madrid CL successes whereas he failed so many finals and semi-finals ? I don't understand.
By that logic Messi's whole international career has been useless Messi has been worse in the CL games you're bringing up than CR7 has. Also why are you conveniently leaving out his CL victory with United? Because he played well in that match and it doesn't suit your argument perhaps?

misko

By that logic Messi's whole international career has been useless Messi has been worse in the CL games you're bringing up than CR7 has. Also why are you conveniently leaving out his CL victory with United? Because he played well in that match and it doesn't suit your argument perhaps?
You're right Ronaldo was good with MU but he won "only" 1 CL. The main and the only argument used to say that Ronaldo is better than Messi it's that he won more important trophies and he's more decisive. It's why I explain to you that Ronaldo was awful, one of the worse player in his team in 3 CL' finals of 5 won. He was also decisive only 2 games of 6 and didn't play the final at the Euro 2016.
So it proves that he's not really the key player of Real Madrid and Portugal successes, so this argument is wrong.

If we talk about games between both of them, Messi is better, he won a CL final against Ronaldo and was decisive, he humiliated Real Madrid and Ronaldo in 2011 CL semi-finals at Santiago Bernabeu. MU also won against Barcelona in 2008 CL semi-finals but Scholes was the scorer.
In La Liga so many humiliations, 5-0, and recently 3-2 and 3-0 at Bernabeu... I have also an interresting statistics to highlight the Messi's domination. Ronaldo has lose 12 times in Clasico, Messi 10 times whereas he has played more games.
And during nine years spent by Ronaldo at Madrid he won 2 Liga, Messi and Barcelona 6, what a difference...

And we all know that Messi have more influence in Barcelona than Ronaldo at Madrid, Messi is a great scorer, great dribbler, great attacking miedfield whereas Ronaldo is a great scorer but a average player in other domains, but even statistics show that Ronaldo isn't really the key player in Real Madrid CL' and Portugal successes. So I don't know why people keep comparing both of them, Messi is clearly better.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom