• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury

who is making excuses for him? Dude, he was dropped for the majority of the season. He's been playing quite well anyway.

He's played 3 games and here you are writing essays about how **** he has been. Get over him.

he can play 30 games and he will have no impact and no influence and people will still defend his **** show. You know it better than I do.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
he can play 30 games and he will have no impact and no influence and people will still defend his **** show. You know it better than I do.
I would compare his performances and ability to the rest of the squad.

We've never had a world class squad since i think 2007, and he's been at the level I expect him to be.

bandaid

Some social media firm on kroenkes payroll probably has a few posters here too to ensure that the fanbase never unites and turns on the owner.

they keep deflecting us into hatred of everyone but the toupee **** **** owner. Now we are supposed to hate our accomplished playmaker. Earlier we were supposed to hate our only capable CM and captain. Before that, the only defender we had who could clear a cross. Some social media firm is really earning its fee.

mpower2540

So much better than everyone else in terms of football quality. Knows when to take his time and when to speed things up. He’s the only player I actually trust when he has the ball. He wasn’t amazing yesterday by any means but he’s the best player we’ve got right now and that’s a major concern

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
His reluctance to shoot or inability to affect the game unless receiving the ball in space grinds my gears. Most here would argue that he’s more naturally gifted than Maddison but that’s exactly where I think our recruitment has been so flawed all these years. Talented but meek footballers.

Highbury

I would compare his performances and ability to the rest of the squad.

We've never had a world class squad since i think 2007, and he's been at the level I expect him to be.

Look there are two types of opinions regarding Özil. Those who defend him by insisting that he is **** but less **** than others have a point.

However, there is another camp that argues that he is still a world class/elite player who is suffering because of poor teammates etc. well these people are smoking some good stuff, because the world class/elite player in Özil died years ago.

He is at his level because he is not good enough to be a better club than Arsenal at the moment.

I am also surprised to know that he is at the level you expected him to be. It means you didn’t really rate him to begin with.

I thought we were getting the best playmaker in the world (excluding Messi) who would tear up the PL under Wenger, ending up in the same tier as Arsenal legends like Henry, Bergkamp, Pires etc.

I would have never thought he would have end up with a nothing legacy in 6 years while his former team would start winning champions leagues as soon as he left.

Highbury

His reluctance to shoot or inability to affect the game unless receiving the ball in space grinds my gears. Most here would argue that he’s more naturally gifted than Maddison but that’s exactly where I think our recruitment has been so flawed all these years. Talented but meek footballers.

he is so helpless when you don’t offer him space it is painful to watch. He has been found out because it is very easy to control him. We desperately need to replace him with a more direct CAM like Maddison etc.

there was a time when people would argue that Özil is better than Coutinho :lol:

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I think the reality is he isn't where he was, but there's valid reason to pin more hopes on him doing something decisive than many others.

The team looks better with him than without, but that's true of all of our higher quality players.

The manager is the problem, and I think we won't see who is worthy of playing for this club and who isn't under the current setup. All these player threads are starting to feel damning in their irrelevance.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Look there are two types of opinions regarding Özil. Those who defend him by insisting that he is **** but less **** than others have a point.

However, there is another camp that argues that he is still a world class/elite player who is suffering because of poor teammates etc. well these people are smoking some good stuff, because the world class/elite player in Özil died years ago.

He is at his level because he is not good enough to be a better club than Arsenal at the moment.

I am also surprised to know that he is at the level you expected him to be. It means you didn’t really rate him to begin with.

I thought we were getting the best playmaker in the world (excluding Messi) who would tear up the PL under Wenger, ending up in the same tier as Arsenal legends like Henry, Bergkamp, Pires etc.

I would have never thought he would have end up with a nothing legacy in 6 years while his former team would start winning champions leagues as soon as he left.
His career has spanned one of the two triumphant era of Wenger's Arsenal career. Plus a Europa final...

If you want more than that, then you need more than Özil, Alexis and Cazorla. And more than Cech as your goalkeeper.

It's absolute bullshit to have OG, Walcott in your team and expect Alexis and Özil to bring you a league

Godwin1

Very well-known
What are you talking about? We played poor as a team but Özil was arguably our best player.
He made no impact he's good when we're geared up to roll over teams we're odds on to beat. He's coming to the end mate, he'd already be in a semi-retirement league had we not offered him a big deal. To get the best out of him from here on in we should be playing him against selected opposition in a free role.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Need this guy back at Arsenal.
What would he know? Doesn't even make sense anyway. That's the dumbest thing he's ever said or done. Everyone knows Cesc was a level above. Best midfielder of his type we've ever had. I'd take Woj back as GK though.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
At the end of the day, Cesc would have been a better No.1o than Özil had he played there, and there's no comparison when you move him deeper, where he excels. Just better all round.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
At the end of the day, Cesc would have been a better No.1o than Özil had he played there, and there's no comparison when you move him deeper, where he excels. Just better all round.

Best long range passer I have ever seen...L1 + triangle, the “Fabregas pass” on the old Pro Evos :drool:

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Some social media firm on kroenkes payroll probably has a few posters here too to ensure that the fanbase never unites and turns on the owner.

they keep deflecting us into hatred of everyone but the toupee **** **** owner. Now we are supposed to hate our accomplished playmaker.

source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom