• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Guendouzi in lmao, did you learn NOTHING from Emery? :lol:

He‘s not ready for regular Premier League minutes.

If we replace Özil it has to be someone from outside because no one in midfield can do the things he does right now.

Guendouzi with Torreira and someone better than Xhaka in the DMC position, or the down Torreira and put someone I don't know that spanish guy Ceballos on the middle.

4-3-3 is a much better and balanced formation than 4-2-3-1, especially with this squad. And Özil is not an AMC either, a 100% forward he is.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Lol. The bloke is finished, can't keep the ball under any sort of pressure, would get absolutely swamped by City's creative mids that actually press. That first half from Özil was an absolute disgrace.
Watch the goals that won us the game today, strange coming from a finished player :lol:

He‘s the only one in our midfield who can do things like that.

Our only chance to get something against City is if he plays.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Guendouzi with Torreira and someone better than Xhaka in the DMC position, or the down Torreira and put someone I don't know that spanish guy Ceballos on the middle.

4-3-3 is a much better and balanced formation than 4-2-3-1, especially with this squad. And Özil is not an AMC either, a 100% forward he is.
Torreira can‘t play without Xhaka, that has been proved over and over again. Guendouzi is a young player who has no business playing first team football.

Keep the team we‘ve played today and good things will come. Chop it, and you‘ll see the mess that we‘ve been seeing for for months now.

HBL

Established Member
Torreira can‘t play without Xhaka, that has been proved over and over again. Guendouzi is a young player who has no business playing first team football.

Keep the team we‘ve played today and good things will come. Chop it, and you‘ll see the mess that we‘ve been seeing for for months now.
You can't be serious :lol: Not even going to entertain this, we aren't going to agree.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
What happened to him?

Not even comparing him to his Real Madrid self, his old Arsenal self whilst inconsistent was streets sharper, its like his brain has slowed down.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
You can't be serious :lol: Not even going to entertain this, we aren't going to agree.
Didn‘t you tell me to go support Man City when I expressed my concerns about Emery last year?

Maybe you (and some others) should finally consider that I know a lot more about this stuff than you do and to listen to more knowledgable people rather than consider my analysis ridiculous.

HBL

Established Member
Didn‘t you tell me to go support Man City when I expressed my concerns about Emery last year?

Maybe you (and some others) should finally consider that I know a lot more about this stuff than you do and to listen to more knowledgable people rather than consider my analysis ridiculous.
I have no idea, I'm not that active on here so really don't care. Özil is a shadow of his former self. Think he has 1 or 2 key passes in the last 3 games from open play and hardly takes any risks on the ball these days.

I'm not going to get into an argument about who knows the most about football as we don't know each other or how much football we watch in comparison or how we use that knowledge. Utterly pointless argument/discussion.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I have no idea, I'm not that active on here so really don't care. Özil is a shadow of his former self. Think he has 1 or 2 key passes in the last 3 games from open play and hardly takes any risks on the ball these days.

I'm not going to get into an argument about who knows the most about football as we don't know each other or how much football we watch in comparison or how we use that knowledge. Utterly pointless argument/discussion.
If you don‘t know then I‘ll tell you.

He has been involved in three goals already under Ljungberg. That‘s more than all our midfielders put together. He even created another goal for Luiz, but was ruled out. He created a great chance for Martinelli late in the second half, which he missed.

He‘s our most creative midfielder and has to play when available.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

He hasn't played regularly for a while now and his confidence is tarnished, it's to be expected that he's playing it safe.

Will get into his rythm again as he plays more consistently in the no. 10 position, and as we improve as a team, he will follow suit.

Even in this kind of poor form, he finds pockets between the lines that help create goals like today, something none of our midfielders are able to. Certainly not with some of the laughable midfield suggestions we've seen from the Line-up Merchants on here.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

No, no good things will come, and Özil in the first place really doesn't deserve the discussion of being a starter with the football he's presenting. This performance that Özil had today and in other maches of this season is not a thing of pride, even for his most fanatic fanboy.

Arsenal is not going anywhere with this Özil, continue with this 4-2-3-1 with Özil as "AMC" (he is pure forward tho) and you'll see how many "first half against West Ham away" Arsenal will have from here towards to the end of the season.

As I said line up Torreira, Guendouzi and some decent DMC, back to 4-3-3 and then we'll see how far this Arsenal can go, competitively, without killing the rest of the attackers and with some proper balance on the team, and that doesn't mean, it will be much better. To be much better Arsenal will have to buy an elite DMC and an elite MC too or with potential to be elite to reach new heights.

Özil is just part of the problem imo, to play the way he is playing he would have to be Messi. Now let's see if he will shut me up and prove me wrong.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He will play because we have no better attacking mid in the squad. it's not surprise Özil came alive when game gone open when teams park the bus and just frustrate us Özil will become frustrated and not create nothing

Last edited:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
No, no good things will come, and Özil in the first place really doesn't deserve the discussion of being a starter with the football he's presenting. This performance that Özil had today and in other maches of this season is not a thing of pride, even for his most fanatic fanboy.

Arsenal is not going anywhere with this Özil, continue with this 4-2-3-1 with Özil as "AMC" (he is pure forward tho) and you'll see how many "first half against West Ham away" Arsenal will have from here towards to the end of the season.

As I said line up Torreira, Guendouzi and some decent DMC, back to 4-3-3 and then we'll see how far this Arsenal can go, competitively, without killing the rest of the attackers and with some proper balance on the team, and that doesn't mean, it will be much better. To be much better Arsenal will have to buy an elite DMC and an elite MC too or with potential to be elite to reach new heights.

Özil is just part of the problem imo, to play the way he is playing he would have to be Messi. Now let's see if he will shut me up and prove me wrong.
I agree, let‘s see how he does under Ljungberg. He‘s certainly off to a good start and seems to have the coaches full trust.

ScotsGooner89

Can see what he brings in some games but definitely can’t play against city. Rodri will boss him out the game and have free reign just to keep collecting/recycle balls that fall to him 30-40 yards out from goal. Need an energetic AMC in certain games and city is definitely one of them.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Those thinking Özil brings anything to our team are totally deluded! He doesn’t do anything in defense and on offense he is a total passenger with his backwards passes.Today all three goals came through good moves from other players. They were really on Martinelli, Pepe, Aubu and Torreira for the first one with his vertical pass.

I’d play players like Torreira or Martinelli any day over this jogging, lazy piece of ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom