• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaza

Özil got 2 assists vs City without Cazorla, he got the assist in the NLD after Cazorla went off feeling and he got the match-winning assist vs Leicester without Cazorla too. So I'm not sure if Cazorla was the reason Özil was getting so many assists.

I do think however, having Ramsey-Coquelin or the alternative being Elneny with Giroud up front, Walcott, Campbell vying for the wide positions was never gonna help Özil or Alexis for that matter.

I do think have two playmakers on the pitch does make it harder for the opposition, it's a bit easier when you know if you stop Özil you stop most of Arsenals attacking capabilities as the team just doesn't function like it should. With Cazorla he's effectively another number 10 just playing deeper so opposition can't just focus on Özil because it'll free up space for Cazorla. Even then I think having all 4 of Özil, Alexis, Cazorla and Ramsey on the pitch at the same time made it so difficult for opposition because you have 4 extremely talented footballers all dangerous when given time and space playing in the way Wenger wants which is constant movement and quick passing to create spaces to exploit the opposition. Now imagine if we had Aubameyang back then and top holding midfielder too. We'd have been unstoppable.
My form actually nose dived when Alexis came back into the team.
Believe it or not - we were actually doing well with Joel Campbell playing on the right.
Cazorla was who we missed the most instead of Alexis.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
No,CRonaldo did. Take him away from him, and he's nowhere near the player some think he is. Look at what the others had to work with, namely Cesc.
Poor Cesc had to play with crap like Henry, RVP, Adebayor, Nasri, Xavi, Messi, Iniesta, Neymar, Hazard, Costa, Kante etc while Ronaldo was holding Özil’s hand since the Schalke days. Imagine what Cesc could’ve achieved with better players around him

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

They will show their capabilities more often—irrespective of the environment— with the right attitude to the game. You can’t just turn up. Being able to adapt allows you to show what you got.
Tell that to your boy, who contradicted himself within the space of two posts.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Poor Cesc had to play with crap like Henry, RVP, Adebayor, Nasri, Xavi, Messi, Iniesta, Neymar, Hazard, Costa, Kante etc while Ronaldo was holding Özil’s hand since the Schalke days. Imagine what Cesc could’ve achieved with better players around him
Come on now... Cesc was done by the time he got to Chelsea, and he wasn't an all out No.10 either. He was useful all over the park.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
@TakeChillPill said that a world class player must shine regardless of their environment then went onto contradict himself with the stuff about international football.

Context matters. There is a big difference between international football and club football. I'm sure if Augero played week in week out for Argentina for 5 years (like Özil has done for us) his class would shine through and he'd score a tonne of goals, I don't think many people would argue that ( he's also around 1 in 2 for Argentina, which isn't half bad).

lol solider for @Jury I think on this issue Jury has some really valid points about Özil. However instead of debating the points, people get all emotional with him.

We've been waiting for Özil to show his " world class real madrid form" for 5 years ( the closet we got was for about 6 weeks prior to his contract extension). First excuse when he joined was, he's playing on the wings,t it was because we have Giroud and he's not a fast CF, then when we have 2 quality pacey CF, it's because of the manager's tactics and style. He's had every excuse under the sun.

Last edited:

The Mesut Özil story: One mans journey to overcome racism, war crimes, organised criminal groups and a compromised immune system.

giphy.gif

avalonhse

They will show their capabilities more often—irrespective of the environment— with the right attitude to the game. You can’t just turn up. Being able to adapt allows you to show what you got.

Not quite understand. Are you saying Messi, the greatest of all time, does not have the right attitude?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I never believed the Özil sicknesses and back issues tbh. It’s always convenient when he’s out of the team but no issues when he’s back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom