• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bandaid

think Özil is here for another 4-5 yrs.... now that Arteta is here ...and he seems to know his football...

looking forward to years of watching some sexy football by Arsenal, as this current golden generation of youngsters matures around Özil, who does a bergkamp II

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
877443954.jpg

No face, no case, no witness
No case, no trace, no prints
You'll never take that risk
'CB' is serving 23 years. Aimed a shotgun at police from a car in Leytonstone.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...-clown-mask-jailed-for-23-years-a4080476.html

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Emery: Özil is below the top players

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/Özi...d-arsenal-playmaker/lb8sse0rm95l1tkq3z6uaey3j

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
:lol:

23 years and they didn't even do anything of note. At least let some shots pop.
What was the objective on that night? Right, we're going to drive around east London in a stolen BMW wearing sinister masks, with a cache of weapons and arms on board... in case we can identify a rival accurately enough to decide we'll shoot or hack them to death, then make our merry way home and retire for evening. Why not try rob a bank you stupid ****s? You'd have got less time and there was an actual reward waiting if successful. I just don't understand. These drill beefs are senseless.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What was the objective on that night? Right, we're going to drive around east London in a stolen BMW wearing sinister masks, with a cache of weapons and arms on board... in case we can identify a rival accurately enough to decide we'll shoot or hack them to death, then make our merry way home and retire for evening. Why not try rob a bank you stupid ****s? You'd have got less time and there was an actual reward waiting if successful. I just don't understand. These drill beefs are senseless.
Opp block tour tryna burn up suttin!

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

But yeah it’s so senseless. Long standing animosities between gangs that usually can be traced back to being from different areas. I mean...come on.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Stay classy Unai, Mesut hasn’t said a bad word about him since his exit. He should just accept that he lost and move on. I‘m sure Eibar or some club at that level need a new manager.
Maybe he is trying to cut his transfer fee of 1 billion to 1p for his first signing.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
But yeah it’s so senseless. Long standing animosities between gangs that usually can be traced back to being from different areas. I mean...come on.

I mean if you've been excluded from school, made some poor choices in friendships, grew up in a socio-economically deprived environment, maybe had a few family members already banged up then might be seen as a valid lifestyle choice. It's easy to look from the outside and question the mentality.

SJ from OFB got 21 years minimum this week. It doesn't stop :mad:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I mean if you've been excluded from school, made some poor choices in friendships, grew up in a socio-economically deprived environment, maybe had a few family members already banged up then might be seen as a valid lifestyle choice. It's easy to look from the outside and question the mentality.

SJ from OFB got 21 years minimum this week. It doesn't stop :mad:
Yeah I’ve kept an eye on that from when he got arrested up until the sentence.

The socioeconomic situation sets them up to fail, no two ways. I’m not questioning the gang aspect, it’s more how the gangs started. Kids like SJ have grown up in a setting where they’ve been on the receiving end of an opp block tour. I don’t question why they ride on opps, I question the first generation who decided to start a rivalry over postcode.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
https://www.90min.com/posts/6549094...mesut-Özil-transfer-to-qatari-side-in-january

Arsenal received a permanent offer for Mesut Özil from an unnamed Qatari side in January, but head coach Mikel Arteta opted to block the move.

The Gunners managed to bring in Pablo Mari and Cedric Soares on loan at the tail end of the winter transfer window, while youngster Emile Smith Rowe left for Huddersfield for the rest of the season.

However, a source has told 90min that Arsenal could have also seen Özil also depart if not for the intervention of Arteta.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Stay classy Unai, Mesut hasn’t said a bad word about him since his exit. He should just accept that he lost and move on. I‘m sure Eibar or some club at that level need a new manager.

Where’s the lie here? He’s given a pretty balanced assessment:

“He's a very good player, that's clear,” the 48-year-old said in an interview with Marca. “But the physical demands in the Premier League are high.

“His performances are unpredictable. He's a bit below the top players at the moment. Sometimes Arsenal play better with him but other times he doesn't make such a difference.”

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Where’s the lie here? He’s given a pretty balanced assessment:

“He's a very good player, that's clear,” the 48-year-old said in an interview with Marca. “But the physical demands in the Premier League are high.

“His performances are unpredictable. He's a bit below the top players at the moment. Sometimes Arsenal play better with him but other times he doesn't make such a difference.”
Don‘t really care about Emery‘s opinions as he‘s a really bad manager. Wenger, Löw, Mourinho, Arteta rate him highly, top managers.

It would be great if he started looking at himself more and stop looking for others to blame for his multiple failures. Özil could‘ve talked smack after his sacking but he didn‘t. He moved on and concentrated on his game while Emery the loser can‘t stop talking to his Spanish pals in the media. It appears only one of the two have some class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom