• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Sad to see this for Özil but i honestly haven't been happy with him since before Emery so I'm not even going to enter the debate anymore.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Bernardo Silva had a great game against Watford.
This is a fair point.

I’m a big Özil fan but there are a lot of guys who can do what he does with more dynamism while being less of a non-factor defensively.

I’m not an Emery fan and while I think he should be playing Özil more I’m not hugely convinced that a lot of the top managers would. In our league alone I definitely can’t see Klopp using him, and why would Pep play him when all his attacking mids have Özil’s skills and then some.

Özil isn’t a stick to beat Emery with.

blaze_of_glory

This is a fair point.

I’m a big Özil fan but there are a lot of guys who can do what he does with more dynamism while being less of a non-factor defensively.

I’m not an Emery fan and while I think he should be playing Özil more I’m not hugely convinced that a lot of the top managers would. In our league alone I definitely can’t see Klopp using him, and why would Pep play him when all his attacking mids have Özil’s skills and then some.

Özil isn’t a stick to beat Emery with.
Yes but we aren't those teams. We need him and not using him has been hurting us since last November.

Glad Özil has recovered from that flu he has had since March to play a game*

*except when he is on Instagram, has a wedding, is meeting the president of Turkey, can be bothered to play a solitary game for sponsorship reasons and so on.......

CJJ

Established Member
Was that substitute a message from Emery you think? Seems wierd to sub him off in such a game unless you want to point out he's surplus to requirements.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Need to find a way to get him playing without losing anything defensively.

He just has that something that nobody else in the team does.

Pepes blue pill

good today, was pissed to see him go off but you cant really complain as we still looked class after that

Probs wont be talked about but he must be great for the young players to have around, not only his experience but he is the sort of player they would be looking up to, the lee cattermole lovers who cry cus he doesnt tackle wont like it but facts are facts, ballers look up to other ballers

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He was good. Especially the first half. Whenever he had played this season he has performed. He just needs to keep that up and soon he will get more opportunities to nail down a starting spot in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom