• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yes darling.

The fact your mind immediately went to the Leicester, what does that tell you?

eyes.png

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We're blaming the club for Özil's performances ( or lack of ) There are players in lesser teams that have elevated their team despite being full of **** players. But a guy earns earns 350kpw has a bad game we blame the other bums who earn who earns 3-4 times less than him.

He needs to be held accountable for his performances.

A day after he was dropped against man city he went out and made that "No matter what" tweet. He's undermining the manager because he knows he's got no future here. Just wants his paycheck so he can **** off and go enjoy his booties

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

One outstanding game in 2 years, that is.
It's a complex situation.

The fans taking down Wenger 17/18 didn't help the form of any of our players. Who can play with planes, rants, protests and boycotts. It was fever pitch.

Then he was given a new contract. Then Wenger was removed. Then the new manager froze him out, then he returned, then he was dropped again, then social media was full of stories about the club wanting to get rid of him, then Emery was sacked, then Arteta took over, then their was a long pause to football, then he was dropped again.

Pele himself would have lost form under those circumstances.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

The fans taking down Wenger 17/18 didn't help the form of any of our players. Who can play with planes, rants, protests and boycotts. It was fever pitch.

Then he was given a new contract. Then Wenger was removed. Then the new manager froze him out, then he returned, then he was dropped again, then social media was full of stories about the club wanting to get rid of him, then Emery was sacked, then Arteta took over, then their was a long pause to football, then he was dropped again.

During these period of turmoil you speak of, there were players on far less wage than him who were outperforming him massively. So I don't see why he should escape criticism. He's our supposed talisman. He's supposed set the tone for the team and lead by example

gamechannel

I think people are missing the point here. The argument is not whether he's worth 350k or not. His salary shouldn't be the basis of his selection or lack thereof.

The argument is that he's being left on the bench or out of the team without a capable replacement. If the Willocks or Cebellos' of the world were performing better than the pre-lockdown Özil, then sure, by all means sit him out. But they're not even half the players Özil is even on his bad day.

People keep bringing up his wages as an excuse for his laziness etc. I dont care how much he makes. The club chose to pay him and thats on them. I care that the club has no replacemrbt available in the team for him and therefore, he must be used. Comparing wage to performance ratio is misguided given the relative lack of quality in our squad. The only comparison that should matter is whether Willock, Cebellos, AMNs and Nelsons of our club can do better than Özil? The answer is no. Not until we bring someone else better than Özil.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

You’re blaming the supporters for Özil being **** now? You really are Wenger aren’t you?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Thought our left side looked so much more fluid without him because we could play Saka there who was confident on the ball and willing to take on players. Özil would've camped in any space that the combinations down the left wing were creating and messed the whole thing up.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Don't get this at all. We probably would still have lost if he was on the pitch.

Seems bizarre that after a game we lost people are more concerned about the fact that Özil didn't play, when we all knew that his presence on the pitch would probably not have prevented a loss. Let's back the manager.

I know I'll get slammed for this but I liked Saka in the LM role. He was our most dangerous player. If he improves in that role then we've managed to wean the team off Özil.

The system
We're blaming the club for Özil's performances ( or lack of ) There are players in lesser teams that have elevated their team despite being full of **** players. But a guy earns earns 350kpw has a bad game we blame the other bums who earn who earns 3-4 times less than him.

He needs to be held accountable for his performances.

A day after he was dropped against man city he went out and made that "No matter what" tweet. He's undermining the manager because he knows he's got no future here. Just wants his paycheck so he can **** off and go enjoy his booties
He clearly is mugging the club off, at least Sanchez actually did a shift before he left. This guy sums up our club for the last 10 years, his fanboys will never accept what he has done.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

You’re blaming the supporters for Özil being **** now? You really are Wenger aren’t you?
Of course blame anyone but Özil.

We've seen players on a quarter of his salary gets murdered for poor performance but when it comes to Özil, his loyal band of followers jumps to his defense sighting Erdogan, Illness, bum teammates, the atmosphere at the club, German FA, China etc. The list goes on and on ffs.

Just get this leech off of this club

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Strawman. :lol: I said it affected all the players. So you think all that shouting and ranting on social media, planes flying overhead, boycotting of matches, banners and protests didn't affect the players. Ha ha. You're welcome to that rubbish opinion bro. :lol:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I’ve seen some poor posts on here but this is one of the poorest.

How has the club “gone about harassing” him purely for making too much money?
Give me specifics please together with your source(s).

Glad that you realise he is being paid too much though.
Özil fan boys making excuses for him.

Shock horror!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The Wenger Out/In planes were the most embarrassing day in our clubs history.

My girlfriend said it was just the one plane that took both bookings, having Wenger Out on one side of his banner, Wenger In on the other side...that's how you make your money :lol:

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
I think people are missing the point here. The argument is not whether he's worth 350k or not. His salary shouldn't be the basis of his selection or lack thereof.

The argument is that he's being left on the bench or out of the team without a capable replacement. If the Willocks or Cebellos' of the world were performing better than the pre-lockdown Özil, then sure, by all means sit him out. But they're not even half the players Özil is even on his bad day.

People keep bringing up his wages as an excuse for his laziness etc. I dont care how much he makes. The club chose to pay him and thats on them. I care that the club has no replacemrbt available in the team for him and therefore, he must be used. Comparing wage to performance ratio is misguided given the relative lack of quality in our squad. The only comparison that should matter is whether Willock, Cebellos, AMNs and Nelsons of our club can do better than Özil? The answer is no. Not until we bring someone else better than Özil.

No I think you’re the one missing the point.

The club is building for the future and in said future Özil will not be around (thankfully), so why not give others the chance/time to grow instead of hoping the stars align and Özil is up for it again. He’s had a million chances to play for the shirt. The season is lost, he won’t be here much longer, and we need to rebuild outside of keeping Özil ultras happy (who also won’t be around much longer) so what benefit does giving him the 100th chance to turn up and help drag the club over the line actually bring?

Also a players wages do matter when looking at their performance. When you’re paid 350k per week, your compensation is within the top 3 in the entire premier league and likely top 10 or so in all of world football, so that is the bracket the performances should be within aswell (top player/performer in the league and top 10 or so players in the world) otherwise you’re/the club isn’t getting their money’s worth. Only with Özil does how much one is paid not matter when looking at their performances :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Strawman. :lol: I said it affected all the players. So you think all that shouting and ranting on social media, planes flying overhead, boycotting of matches, banners and protests didn't affect the players. Ha ha. You're welcome to that rubbish opinion bro. :lol:
ffs, your Wenger agenda just wont ****ing die. When we were doing well under Emery, the mention of Wenger on here had posters like yourself screaming the place down. Here, get this one more time:

We're ****ing **** partly BECAUSE of Wenger. That will never change. If you keep bringing him up, you'll keep being reminded.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He clearly is mugging the club off, at least Sanchez actually did a shift before he left. This guy sums up our club for the last 10 years, his fanboys will never accept what he has done.
The balls-deep mob. In way too deep to withdraw now. So they'll just pound relentlessly, limp d!cked, with their fingers in their ears and eyes closed. What a thought :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom