• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Joel Campbell was a nice story. Sure, he wasn't top club material, but I think people were unnecessarily hard on him in their criticism.
He was very good especially when Alexis got injured. He always put in a shift. He wasn't a top player, but he always gave 100% Everytime he played.

Felt that he got unnecessary flak.

GunnerShy

What’s this talent people saw in him? Cazorla and Ramsey were better players than Özil. If only the club sold Özil but kept Ramsey, we would be in a much better state.

Özil hid in nearly every big game he played for us. Was always a liability, unless we played the likes of Norwich at home. One of the most overrated players of all time.
No I don't think this is fair.

Thing with him is his form typically followed the teams.

When we played well he often played very well.

When we were poor he was usually anonymous.

Every now and then he'd find a moment of brilliance that turned a game
But I don't remember him ever really grabbing a game by the throat dominating it when we were poor.

He wasn't the marquee we needed but he was the marquee we could get.
Sadly he's finished now. Not for physical decline from what we can tell he's just lost the desire.

As the game has evolved he really should have reinvented himself but he doesn't look bothered.

Dj_sds -

What’s this talent people saw in him? Cazorla and Ramsey were better players than Özil. If only the club sold Özil but kept Ramsey, we would be in a much better state.

Özil hid in nearly every big game he played for us. Was always a liability, unless we played the likes of Norwich at home. One of the most overrated players of all time.

Preach

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He briefly appeared on the advertising boards, as Luiz hit a freekick into his face...was kinda funny.

Just glad to see even his image at the ground again, the lazy **** :lol:

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I have said it before, but his lack of shooting ability is really amazing. He scuffs and miss hits shot all the time, which is why I think he likes to pass at all time.

His game is really a game of rondo. He must be genius at that drill.

What's particularly odd about that is that has the technical ability to perfect his bounce finish which no-else does, can half volley a ball coming across him curling away into the opposite top corner, and score the sweetest of volleys, and yet so often finish with a total lack of conviction. Perplexing

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What is actually wrong with him? Like what’s the official line from the club?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

the only thing that would make a modicum of sense is some kind of mental health issue, which no club would mention unless the player consented
I think this was mentioned in here a year or so back and the poster in question got laughed out of the thread.

It does make sense, either that or a drug addiction (I’ve been told that rehab is usually covered up as injuries).

Gooner1988TK

I think this was mentioned in here a year or so back and the poster in question got laughed out of the thread.

It does make sense, either that or a drug addiction (I’ve been told that rehab is usually covered up as injuries).

Yeah I remember this too. I also heard the same thing about Rosicky having a drug problem covered up with “injuries”

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

I heard these types of rumours before. Apparently when at West Ham Andy Carroll developed a Coke addiction and the club lied saying he had surgery to cover it up. But then I remember the Mutu situation at Chelsea and they terminated the contract for drugs. I guess for some clubs investing huge amounts into an asset like a footballer to take from one club and then cancelling their contract would be a financial nightmare. Anyways I don’t think Özil has a drug problem but I don’t believe he’s suffering from back pain either. What could he be possibly be doing to injure his back while the whole world was under lockdown? If it is mental health issue I hope he’s doing okay but we should be patience until he chooses to speak about what is really happening or not.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wasn't Rosicky never injured either, the 18 months he missed was because he developed a insane coke addiction and was sent to rehab...that one was my fav :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

When Wenger dropped him from the team, "illness" or "back problem" was usually the cause

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

When Wenger dropped him from the team, "illness and back problem" was usually the cause
Proper dodgy isn't it.

Back problems can be chronic I guess but I would expect a football club to be able to get to the bottom of them with the millions they invest in health care.

I guess I still just about believe the official line from the club but if in the future we find out he was chronically depressed or something then I wouldn't be surprised, not one bit.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Wasn't Rosicky never injured either, the 18 months he missed was because he developed a insane coke addiction and was sent to rehab...that one was my fav :lol:
Lamela as well, his lengthy injury a couple years back and I think I've seen murmurs on here that some of Wilshere's injuries were actually internal bans as a punishment for illicit behaviour.

Could all be BS ofc but the more you think about it, why wouldn't footballers end up being drug addicts, they literally have the perfect lifestyle to enable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom