• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There is nothing to suggest his presence is breeding negativity. You are the first person ever to claim this.

Again, Özil is protected by law. You can’t do “anything”.

Why not pay him? He’ll have to leave right now.
We are open to paying half his wage but his agent claims that Özil is 'committed' and he won't be leaving. Clearly he's here for the London life and not to play Football

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
You’re in an office. A senior team member pulling in serious cheddar keeps throwing mysterious sickies and is nowhere near a consistent performer. He then gets a huge pay bump due to office politics and his performances immediately plummet to new lows. He is also very active with his side-hustles away from the office.

Now it looks like he may be going on permanent leave for the next year on full pay.

Not exactly a prime candidate for “most popular colleague ever”, just my opinion though :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
You’re in an office. A senior team member pulling in serious cheddar keeps throwing mysterious sickies and is nowhere near a consistent performer. He then gets a huge pay bump due to office politics and his performances immediately plummet to new lows. He is also very active with his side-hustles away from the office.

Now it looks like he may be going on permanent leave for the next year on full pay.

Not exactly a prime candidate for “most popular colleague ever”, just my opinion though :lol:

How is he going on permanent leave? He’ll be reporting to training like everybody else.

Got a new contract because he was a great performer too, his new contract was championed by fans, media, former players etc.

Manberg

Predator
@GDeep™ , defending Özil is not the leg you want to stand on. This is the same guy who had to take a bollocking from Per Mertesacker for not going over to applaud the fans when we got hammered (Either 6-3 City or 6-0 Chlesea can't remember). He has a weak character, has shown no improvement, and is just not worth it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Saying Özil hasn’t declined is absolute nonsense @Oxeki. It’s like you’re not satisfied with everyone agreeing that he’s finished now, you want to write off his entire Arsenal career?:lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

You’re suggesting we have a squad full of haters? I don’t buy it.

He’s not the player he used to be but he earned that contract, he’s a walking lesson to the young players at the club that Arsenal will pay you if you perform.

Your analogy doesn’t quite work.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

You’re suggesting we have a squad full of haters? I don’t buy it.

He’s not the player he used to be but he earned that contract, he’s a walking lesson to the young players at the club that Arsenal will pay you if you perform.

Your analogy doesn’t quite work.
Let's not be revisionist. He was not world class that season he was decent at best. What gave him that contract was the 8 match where he was excellent during the contract negotiations and the fact Ivan was under a lot of pressure from the fans after losing Alexis to Utd. He wasn't 'paid' for his performances that season. The club offered him that contract due mostly due to external circumstances

Last edited:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Saying Özil hasn’t declined is absolute nonsense @Oxeki. It’s like you’re not satisfied with everyone agreeing that he’s finished now, you want to write off his entire Arsenal career?:lol:
I'm not trying to write off his career. I'm trying to make people understand that this version of Özil is the same version of Özil we signed. He hasnt suffered any appreciable decline in physically. He's still basically the same player he's always been.

The game has passed him by and also he doesn't give a **** about football anymore. He's clearly here for the paycheck.

He's a clear and present danger to the Hale End lads at the club. If we cut him some slack, the likes of saka and Marty might go into holiday mode and think they've made it if they've made it when we give them a big contract.

Özil's character is cancerous. We need to nip it in the bud at the infancy stage so it doesn't spread.

musoke

Lol he’s rinsing the club but I don’t know if I would call him a selfish person. His philanthropy and his beliefs lead me to believe otherwise.

As far as reports go, he turns up to training on time and trains just fine. We don’t really know 100% why he’s not playing just making educated guesses.
But he is selfish on certain things and not others. He has been selfish towards our club that I have no doubt about. He has shown since he has been here. First time it showed was in his first season here, we lost 6-3 away to City and Özil was one of the worst players that day. After the final whistle all the players stayed behind to applaud our travelling Away fans. Özil refused to applaud them hence why Mertesacker told him off in public. The Bayern game. The EPL final against Chelsea, we are losing, he is one of the worse player on the pitch, gets subbed and just strolls off nonchalantly with no care in th world.
The Erdogan saga. The way he has undermined managers (Emery, Ljungberg, Arteta etc.). Rumours were that he was in your face disrespecting and undermining Emery, went as far as saying to him in his face how he was a “Sh!t manager”. The way he has been behaving towards our club ever since he signed his contract. The covid pay cut selfishness.
To me that is all selfishness. It more about himself, his vanity and ego. That is selfish.

And don’t most of these rich people have their own charities and do a lot of philanthropy? I think the difference between some of them and some characters like Özil is that they do it privately. But what I have noticed is that when Özil gives to charity he plasters it all over his social media. This is like a egotistical “See? I am such a nice rich guy. See? I gave this much to these poor people”.
Do you remember Balotelli. He was known as a clown by us all. But wasn’t he one of the many footballers who had their contracts hacked and leaked by Hackers a few years back? What we found out was that Balotelli had been giving away half his wages to different charities since he made it big. But we did not know about it because he did not have this “See, look at me I am giving to the poor attitide”. Taking selfies whenever he gives or leaks the info.

And aren’t most of us all philanthropic? We all have our own charities we give each month / every year even if we are not making as much as these multi millionaires. But we never take selfies every time our preferred charities take out their direct debit each month. If I was making £350,000 a week like these guys I would 100% definitely be giving away large sums to good causes myself.

And about why he is not playing. We don’t know what is happening on that training ground / behind closed doors. But we can all make inferences. He was behaving this way under wenger too. But wenger just gave into it and kept pampering him giving him preferential treatment all the time. Happened under Emery. Happened under Ljungberg and now the same attitude happening under Arteta?
That is too much to ignore. And what is the common factor in all this? (Özil).

Just saying :)

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Let's not be revisionist. He was not world class that season he was decent at best. What gave him that contract was the 8 match he played during the contract negotiations and the fact Ivan was under a lot of pressure from the fans after losing Alexis to Utd. He wasn't 'paid' for his performances that season. The club offered him that contract due mostly due to external circumstances
You said world class not me.

Everybody wanted him to sign. It was viewed as a good decision pretty much unanimously (check the archives and any article at the time) with one slight criticism being that it may have been a bit too pricey.

What you’re saying now sounds good in hindsight but at the time literally nobody was saying that.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Well that was very one-sided.
Özil is a narcissist as well now. Learn something new everyday in this thread.

He’s also cancerous and a bad influence even though there haven’t been any reports of ill discipline or a fall-out between him and Arteta/the club. :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

This thread brings out the worst in people.

They’ve gotten what they want, but they want more. They won’t stop till the club release a statement saying they should have signed Higuain in 2013. :lol:
I personally will not rest until I see this tbh.

Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

This thread's hilarious. One thing we can all agree on though. The club is making a complete mess of the Özil and Guendouzi situation with all the leaks and stories. They should be on the bench or in the stadium, like everything's normal.

You don't put a sign saying 'I am rusty' on a car you want to sell.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I will say though, the agenda has clearly gone overboard :lol:

From the media I have seen and from most interviews, the squad clearly love Mesut and he gets on with everybody.

This bitter work colleague stuff is bullocks you guys forget this bum is a legend in football. I’m sure if you asked them all if they would like Özil to play they would say ofcourse.

Last edited:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This thread's hilarious. One thing we can all agree on though. The club is making a complete mess of the Özil and Guendouzi situation with all the leaks and stories. They should be on the bench or in the stadium, like everything's normal.

You don't put a sign saying 'I am rusty' on a car you want to sell.

Not sure it matters when it comes to Özil. I think it is clear he will see out his contract, and I also think it is clear that Arteta will not accommodate him on the pitch.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Not sure it matters when it comes to Özil. I think it is clear he will see out his contract, and I also think it is clear that Arteta will not accommodate him on the pitch.
Arteta seemed to have him in his plans at one point and then it all went sour. But we've no idea whether he's genuinely got back problems, sulking, fallen out with Raul/Edu . . who knows. But while he's paid by the club, these problems should be resolved quickly.

Nobody can tell me he isn't even good enough to be on the bench as an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom