<

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 9, 2019.

?

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

1. Simple. Isn’t played for tactical reasons.

8.5%
  2. Simple. Isn’t played because he isn’t good enough

27.9%
  3. Falling out with Arteta for some reason

12.4%
  4. Being frozen out in an effort to get him to leave. Arteta’s hands are tied

31.8%
  5. Because he didn't take a pay-cut

16.3%
  6. Personal reasons

3.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdotzdot

sdotzdot Well-Known Member

It’s always interesting to read people arguing there is an agenda against him when at the same time there’s constant excuses and conspiracies to figure out why this guy isn’t playing.

You don’t need to try to assume a reason, if you’ve used your eyes to watch this guy play for us for the past two years or so your answer is right there. The guy is finished, the game tactically has passed him by and he also just doesn’t care, it isn’t rocket science.

Probably one of the most shielded players by fans I’ve ever seen at the club.

Reckon the best thing for people who recognise this fraud for who he is rather than his social media antics is to just let him fade into obscurity. Bye bye Özil, can’t say it’s been a pleasure.

City_Skyblue, Moleque and roz like this.
  2. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

Defo, or its @GDeep™ ’s new account for when he retires (again)

3. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

For sure, it’s cult like.

He shouldn’t have really gotten away with what he’s done during his last contract but he has. It is what it is.

Oxeki and sdotzdot like this.
  4. GDeep™

GDeep™ Has Never Seen Our New Signings Play

5. Ibadan

Ibadan Gagan Jr

:lol:

6. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Mesut coming back and joining the back room staff after he retires?

No thanks.
    Don't want his attitude spreading like cancer to the upcoming generation of talents we have coming through

7. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Definitely a @GDeep™ back up account

Preacher, Gooner416, sdotzdot and 3 others like this.
  8. Dj_sds -

Dj_sds - Well-Known Member

The fact you have to compare a seasoned professional and world cup winner to a 20 year old at the start of his career to prove a point just shows how low the Özil cult has fallen.

musoke, Godwin1 and Oxeki like this.
  9. Camron

Camron Established Member

I doubt it's the kinda influence Arteta is looking to transfer to our youngsters.

Dj_sds - and Oxeki like this.
  10. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

very clever. jeez

11. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

awww... thats your best comeback... a sidestep strawman.

12. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

between thinking whether Özil mentally checked out or the haters did... i would go with the professional successfull footballer.

13. Dj_sds -

?

14. Ibadan

Ibadan Gagan Jr

I'm genuinely surprised by how cancerous you think he would be. Fair enough if you guys think his laid-back attitude on the pitch can sometimes be infuriating. The "Lazy Özil" trope, yeah whatever.

I don't think it's fair to disparage his charisma and potential influence on upcoming players though. If you were a young midfielder coming up through Hale End and Özil was around in some capacity, I doubt you'd feel anything but joy and pride.
    Even if he stayed on as an official/unofficial club ambassador I'd be happy.

Sure OK, the Erdogan stuff is a bit dodgy but I doubt your average 16 year old is too involved with the geopolitics of Europe to give a damn.

15. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

i like football. I watch it. I seen Özil playing as recently as a few months back. You guys can keep saying that he is a bad footballer....but it wont make a difference. Thats for those who cant believe their own eyes.

Özil did this club a big favor by getting Emery chucked out and holding the line till Arteta arrived. He is more Arsenal than any of you haters.

never have i seen anyone post a video or compilation to show that Özil's quality has dropped. Its just yards and yards of deranged ramblings and rants.

Top Gun and razörist like this.
  16. Dj_sds -

AbouCuéllar likes this.
  17. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

Well it's not hard to figure out but ok let me think for you. A footballer who isn't mentally checked out would probably want to leave and play football rather than not get picked and post on twitter after every game.

City_Skyblue likes this.
  18. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

Tears to my eyes reading this, proper sad.

Definitely the club trying to force him out, I’m not buying Arteta freezing him out because he refused to take a pay cut. That shouldn’t affect the football side of things.

Article flat out says that his return from injury would be inexplicably delayed then says that he’s been frozen out since being the only player to refuse to take a pay cut without finding out more. Not happy with how this formerly classy club are treating one of the best players of his generation. Smh.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    fc honka, krackpot, SA Gunner and 4 others like this.
  19. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

How long did you spend imagining and then arriving at that conclusion?

Dj_sds -, Gooner416 and Oxeki like this.
  20. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Bottom line: Arteta doesn’t want him and doesn’t give a ****,

That should be it. Why would anyone care about anything else?

The club is clearly trying to move forward. He is a giant **** stain on it at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.