• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Lost 55 hard-working employees because of this leech.
This isn’t on Özil. This is 100% the club.
Özil’s wage has been a thorn in our side for a while but was made at a time without covid. Shouldn’t have had any impact today on decisions made from this season.

The club didn’t have to sign Mari despite being injured, they didn’t have to pay the loan fee for Cedric and then pay to sign him despite having 2 available RBs.

There were people on AM defending those signings ffs. It looked like awful resources management then and it looks even worse now.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The recently announced job cuts could be one reason Özil was sceptical about the salary cuts in the first place.

According to an article on athletic this morning the players are frustrated that their reduced salaries didn't save the jobs - basically being lied to.

Judging from the FA Cup celebrations the players seemed very close to the staff. Thoughts?

Edit -- @celestis beat me to it.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
The recently announced job cuts could be one reason Özil was sceptical about the salary cuts in the first place.

According to an article on athletic this morning the players are frustrated that their reduced salaries didn't save the jobs - basically being lied to.

Judging from the FA Cup celebrations the players seemed very close to the staff. Thoughts?

Edit -- @celestis beat me to it.
Or maybe their reduced salaries saved the jobs, but not all, and the number of fired employees could have been bigger?

People celebrating Özil not taking a pay cut are something else I swear.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Guy is a leech though don’t get me wrong.
yeah, just wanted to get inb4 Oxeki.

Actually my broda , maybe he made the right decision

oh, shoot. ****s about to hit the fan!

Reminds me of an old company's 'restructuring' programme. They employed Hayes group, no less, at about 100K. Then they implemented those changes by sepending about 50K more!

Final observation/result??? Three part-time drivers and two temps lost their jobs. Plus, they fired the only graphics designer in the organization.

The graphics designer had to be hired back at a better grade because of the restructuring process.
He was basically given a 2 month holiday, and then given extra salary.

Those 5 temp workers probably needed the job more than the others, and could have been paid for a decade with what these idiots paid to the consultation company.

Some of the boardroom decisions make want to check what they smoke in thoese meetings! That is why I would always support the club and the players before any of the bureaucracy or the board.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Or maybe their reduced salaries saved the jobs, but not all, and the number of fired employees could have been bigger?

I’m not celebrating. Listen I’ve been Özil out way before it was cool you can check the archives.

However I fully supported his stance against the club in regards to cuts, the effort the club went through to out him too is very telling.

We are the only prem club to my knowledge to introduce wage cuts and with speed too. Now this? I’m not seeing job cuts across the league.

It looks bad and Özil comes out looking a bit better in my opinion.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi

Take this energy to Stan Kroenke, the billionaire owner. Özil or any other player or the staff are not at fault for any of this.

No player should have accepted a pay cut, it's not their job to save the clubs finances and especially since it still led to staff cuts, I can understand their anger.

arsmile

Established Member
I think most people's spin on this is wrong.

this isn't evidence that he should have taken a wage cut.

It vindicates his position that it isn't helping anyone to put his money back in the hands of our mafioso owners/directors/mates as the rest of the squad has seen- that money has not been used to save jobs.

he should volunteer to personally pay the salary of his lost colleagues in order to get the final ultimate PR victory.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Both Kroenke and Özil look scummy in this situation.
Don't agree. If he had taken that pay cut, these people would still lose their jobs. Only we would have a bit more money for transfers. As I said it's not his job or any other players, to ensure the clubs pays their staff. That's ridiculous considering the wealth of the clubs owner.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Don't agree. If he had taken that pay cut, these people would still lose their jobs.
But you don't know that.
I just find it sad that our highest paid by a mile and longest-serving first-team player refused to take a 6% pay cut, when even wanderers like Luiz and Sokratis who didn't have any connection to the club did it.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It’s just another reason to get this myth off the books. I doubt the greedy ****er would even accept being paid off the rest of his contract because it wouldn’t include bonuses which probably add up to a fair bit... Alexis took the hit just to play football.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
if 55 jobs are redundant after Covid 19, then I don't see what any business could do, other than be generous with redundancy pay and if appropriate help those who have lost their jobs find new ones

if the players have been lied to that is another matter

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Funnily enough, 12,5% of Özil's wages = 41K a year for 55 employees. Each.

We will hopefully learn more about the exact finances/reasons behind this, so hard to really put the blame on anyone specifically.

Also I read somewhere recently that in the end only one person refused to take the wage cut? Meaning the other 2 players came around in the end?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
But you don't know that.
I just find it sad that our highest paid by a mile and longest-serving first-team player refused to take a 6% pay cut, when even wanderers like Luiz and Sokratis who didn't have any connection to the club did it.
If I remember correctly from Özil's camp they said that he was willing to make an even bigger pay cut, if they really need it and he asked to wait a bit more to see the real effects the pandemic had on the clubs finances. But seeing as we are about to pay who knows how much Coutinho/Willian/Partey, he's very much been proven right that it was not needed.

As for the other players, clearly they were fooled by the club and are angry now about it now. Club promised the pay cut would help in keeping all the staff during the pandemic, and it didn't. Now the club wants to use the same money that was saved on replacing some of these players who took pay cuts.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
If I remember correctly from Özil's camp they said that he was willing to make an even bigger pay cut, if they really need it and he asked to wait a bit more to see the real effects the pandemic had on the clubs finances. But seeing as we are about to pay who knows how much Coutinho/Willian/Partey, he's very much been proven right that it was not needed.

As for the other players, clearly they were fooled by the club and are angry now about it now. Club promised the pay cut would help in keeping all the staff during the pandemic, and it didn't. Now the club wants to use the same money that was saved on replacing some of these players who took pay cuts.
Can't believe you fell for this PR crap from Özil's camp :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
It’s just another reason to get this myth off the books. I doubt the greedy ****er would even accept being paid off the rest of his contract because it wouldn’t include bonuses which probably add up to a fair bit... Alexis took the hit just to play football.
What hit did Alexis take? He’s getting paid off now from Utd, who are letting him leave without a transfer fee and he’s signing a new deal with inter worth over 100k a week. He’s getting money from everywhere.

Özil would leave if you paid him off, let’s him go elsewhere and sign a new deal and get money from there too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom