• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah it's fine when a player shows the form of his life before signing a contract then mentally retire as soon as he signs it. Why should we care its only the team we support.
I want him gone too. But I can’t get too hot up about a footballer not taking a big pay cut.

Especially when we’ve given bums like Cedric 4 year deals at 30 years old only because he’s a Kia client. Seems we have money to burn if anything.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The exact figure will come out later in the year.
The exact figure will come out but is understood to between 5-10m. That's almost 82-91% down from the real value if his contract. Not the 55m you were bandying about. :lol:
If Özil is serious about football, he'll do the same. I'm sure the club will be willing to meet him at the middle if Özil is willing

GDeep™

League is very weak
The exact figure will come out but is understood to between 5-10m. That's almost 82-91% down from the real value if his contract. Not the 55m you were bandying about. :lol:
If Özil is serious about football, he'll do the same. I'm sure the club will be willing to meet him at the middle if Özil is willing
The 55M thing I quoted was from a few days ago, obviously proven wrong since then.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’m bashing him for preferring money over football. Sanchez has shown that he wants to play football, Özil has shown he’d rather play fortnite. Özil deserves the abuse he gets over it.
He was playing well before covid, played every game for Arteta.

He’s training like everyone else according to Arteta.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

The 55M thing I quoted was from a few days ago, obviously proven wrong since then.
This proves that Özil could have approached the club on an exit plan. I'm sure the club has approached him. But he had his agent release a statement that he intended to stay the duration of the contract. He's not leaving. He's done with Football. He's just collecting his pension from us

Manberg

Predator
He was playing well before covid, played every game for Arteta.

He’s training like everyone else according to Arteta.

Clearly not. One only needs to Google “why is Özil not playing” to be given various rumours that come across as a negative on Özil’s character.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This proves that Özil could have approached the club on an exit plan. I'm sure the club has approached him. But he had his agent release a statement that he intended to stay the duration of the contract. He's not leaving. He's done with Football. He's just collecting his pension from us
Why do you think he wasn’t picked after Covid? Played every game for Arteta before? Seems weird.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Clearly not. One only needs to Google “why is Özil not playing” to be given various rumours that come across as a negative on Özil’s character.
What “clearly not”? He played every game for Arteta before the pay cut thing. Arteta is still saying Özil is training like everyone ekse.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Why do you think he wasn’t picked after Covid? Played every game for Arteta before? Seems weird.
That's not the point. The point is manager want him gone. He's not performing like 350kpw player. A wage that is now a millstone around our neck. He'll, he's not even performing like a 100kpw player. But he'd rather sit out the contract.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That's not the point. The point is manager want him gone. He's not performing like 350kpw player. A wage that is now a millstone around our neck. He'll, he's not even performing like a 100kpw player. But he'd rather sit out the contract.
I want him gone too. That’s not up for debate. Lots of unanswered questions around this though.

Manberg

Predator
You’re not answering my question. Why was he playing all the games for Arteta? Still trying well according to Arteta.

Your research is internet rumours according to your last post.

Arteta encouraged players to take a pay cut. Özil refused, being a few against the grain, disrespecting the team and the manager. Add to the fact that being on the biggest wages means his pay cut would have the biggest effect.
I also don’t think Arteta’s been happy with Özil’s attitude in training.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

You’re not answering my question. Why was he playing all the games for Arteta? Still trying well according to Arteta.

Your research is internet rumours according to your last post.
The Athletic article said Arteta dropped him because he didn't like what he saw in training and he wanted to get right response out of Özil, instead Özil folded into his shell and just plugged in his game console. He wasn't the only player Arteta dropped. He dropped AMN and Ceballos. Both players responded well and won back their place. But with Özil, his fans always want his arse to be licked like Wenger used to do. :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He fell off a cliff after he left Wenger. Played his best football ever for Wenger.
Utd didn't really play to any of his strengths. Frankly, I don't think they even wanted to play him.

It was quite apparent he had lost his legs. Özil and Alexis played off each other very well, but Utd did not have anyone like Özil.

Still feel that Özil might work for Arsenal again if we just play him.

What “clearly not”? He played every game for Arteta before the pay cut thing. Arteta is still saying Özil is training like everyone ekse.
Arteta has consistently been showing his support for Özil and the other players.

Think Arteta is again being asked to take the brunt of the media storm like Wenger before him.

Kav

Established Member
I don’t necessarily think Arteta wants Özil gone. Executives certainly do.

Also why are idiots on here attacking someone because they get well paid. It’s comical. Perhaps some of that aggression should be directed at the other idiots who gave him that contract.

if Özil makes himself available to play and you don’t pick him he is not to be blamed for collecting his pay. It is understood that he is to be paid like everyone at the end of the week/month. So it’s up to management to make the most of what they have.

I don’t hear people being angry at Nelson or torreira or holding when they don’t play. But guess what they still collect their wages.

i also expect some to say well Özil is the biggest earner and he’s not playing. Well it’s not his job to pick the side it’s the manager. I am sure if he could he would always pick himself to play.

people on here are acting like immature teenagers. Woefully lacking in understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom