• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Define Fascist? Bolsonaro is a democratically elected president. Everyone likes throwing the word fascist around to the point it has no meaning other than "somebody I disagree with"
So are Erdogan, modi and even Putin. Who isn't - UAE Abu Dhabi, Bin Salman and the Queen of England

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So are Erdogan, modi and even Putin. Who isn't - UAE Abu Dhabi, Bin Salman and the Queen of England
the current queen of England has done nothing except seen a World War and the startling decline of her empire.

We can exempt her from the list.

pikey2000

Personally I'd take the hit and pay his contract up and release him, if he truly isn't going to play another game, just let him go and remove all of the constant noise and chatter about him/the club.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Sued by his father
Accused by Christian Lell
Savaged by Martin Keown
Persecuted by the DFB
Targeted by street thugs
Erased by China
Isolated by Unai Emery
Rebuked by Freddie Ljungberg
Dumped by Adidas
Sidelined by the board
Imprisoned by his contract
Betrayed by his own immune system
Ladies and gentlemen
Mesut Özil
The unluckiest guy you will ever meet

200704049.jpg

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sued by his father
Savaged by Martin Keown
Persecuted by the DFB
Targeted by street thugs
Erased by China
Isolated by Unai Emery
Dumped by Adidas
Sidelined by the board
Ladies and gentlemen
Mesut Özil

200704049.jpg
Our own little miss sunshine

say yes

forum master baiter
Sued by his father
Savaged by Martin Keown
Persecuted by the DFB
Targeted by street thugs
Erased by China
Isolated by Unai Emery
Dumped by Adidas
Sidelined by the board
Ladies and gentlemen
Mesut Özil

200704049.jpg
You missed “plagued by a chronic back problem”

scytheavatar

Established Member
Real Madrid he left cause of Bale iirc (could be Di Maria). In any case they might have seen the decline coming or something but he never left cause of poor attitude that’s not true. A big part of why he came here was for Wenger to improve him as a player. Pretty ironic that Bale is now doing the same thing.

Perez was happy to let Özil go because he was sick and tired of dealing with Özil's father. And because he knew that Özil is replaceable and nothing special. Had he rated Özil as a special talent he would have done a lot more to keep him.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Perez was happy to let Özil go because he was sick and tired of dealing with Özil's father. And because he knew that Özil is replaceable and nothing special. Had he rated Özil as a special talent he would have done a lot more to keep him.
I seem to recall something about his constantly taking himself off to visit a girlfriend in another country - perhaps his back was playing up even then

Godwin1

Very well-known
Wrong gif, my friend.

If anything, alleged "Özil fanboys" like us would be laughing our asses off at the fact that Raul will have to open his wallet and admit defeat if he wants to get rid of Özil.

Try another gif.
This would be loss for Arsenal to me rather than a win in your Özil vs Raul thing. It's quite telling that some of you feel this way.

fc honka

Don't know about the father thing, might be true. Mourinho loved Özil, but when Ancelotti came in the summer 2013, something changed. Özil did very well at Real, no question about that. He was able to sideline Kaka, who in this thread has been cited as being levels above de Bruyne (Kaka in his prime).

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Starting ten straight games, rejecting a pay cut then not being featured since says a lot, combined with us being the only PL club to implement a pay cut anyway.

We haven't needed him since which makes the 'footballing reasons' argument appear legit but it's pretty clear what happened here.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He would be stupid to think he'll win the PR battle. The fans love Arteta too much for that
hmmmm dunno about that one. Özil undefeated as it stands.

Wenger, Emery, Ljunberg, all didn't stay on because of results. I wouldn't be surprised if he outlasted Arteta.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Define Fascist? Bolsonaro is a democratically elected president. Everyone likes throwing the word fascist around to the point it has no meaning other than "somebody I disagree with"
He’s made anti minority rhetoric, wether it’s the black population, gays, indigenous, poor, refugees etc. He’s advocated giving the police more power to be heavy handed etc. At the least this touches on fascism.

moloso

So when is he donating a months salary to take care of the 55 if his only worry was where the money's going?

I don't have any issue with him asking for clarification or being sceptical - I would be in his position. However, your fellow teammates have all agreed to take a cut so either join or actually put your hand in your pocket of your own volition. Maybe, you know, convince your teammates to force the club to guarantee jobs. If you don't give enough ****s to do that then don't use it in an interview behind a paywall to state your ethical position. Straight out of the Boris Johnson playbook.

If he has been dropped because of the money issue he only has himself to blame, could easily have put the club under pressure at the time but he didn't. Could have used this interview to say how he inquired about the 55 and what it would take to save jobs. He didn't. Club didn't back him over China? You really think he gives an actual toss? I haven't heard him mention it since other than from the interview yesterday.

Forgetting all of that, if he was actually any good in these 10 games under Arteta, wouldn't someone somewhere come in for him? He is the most available player in world football FFS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom