• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
Best thing to do about Özil is to forget about him. Yes he's costing £350k a week but it's not an awful lot in the grand scheme of things. I wouldn't let him in the training ground, I'd pay him his weekly wages and tell him to stay in Turkey.
At the end of the day Özil is fading and this is his last big paycheck, he will be forgotten whilst Arsenal will live on. We ought to think about the future, which doesn't include Özil.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Best thing to do about Özil is to forget about him. Yes he's costing £350k a week but it's not an awful lot in the grand scheme of things. I wouldn't let him in the training ground, I'd pay him his weekly wages and tell him to stay in Turkey.
At the end of the day Özil is fading and this is his last big paycheck, he will be forgotten whilst Arsenal will live on. We ought to think about the future, which doesn't include Özil.
What? You want Raul to give up on a war he started with Özil?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What? You want Raul to give up on a war he started with Özil?
Not a war he can win, doesn’t matter if Özil burned his kit in the middle of the Emirates.

Just have to wait until next summer really. We have obligations, we should fulfil them. I’d pay him off myself- he won’t be touching the pitch and he’s a circus at this point.

Moleque

He’s made anti minority rhetoric, wether it’s the black population, gays, indigenous, poor, refugees etc. He’s advocated giving the police more power to be heavy handed etc. At the least this touches on fascism.
Don't disagree with the stupid & racist comments that continue to come out of his mouth. The police thing - I see it as more of an attempt to return some law & order in some very dangerous places, but get your point.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not a war he can win, doesn’t matter if Özil burned his kit in the middle of the Emirates.

Just have to wait until next summer really. We have obligations, we should fulfil them. I’d pay him off myself- he won’t be touching the pitch and he’s a circus at this point.
What was the need for Raul to be heavy handed? Özil said in his statement that someone has been trying to destroy him for two years. This is personal now.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What was the need for Raul to be heavy handed? Özil said in his statement that someone has been trying to destroy him for two years. This is personal now.
Could care less. Why would you want a disinterested, disruptive player at the club on those kind of wages? He’s really not helping us at all.

No sympathy from me, players get pushed out of clubs for way less not surprised at the agenda it’s very logical.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Could care less. Why would you want a disinterested, disruptive player at the club on those kind of wages? He’s really not helping us at all.
No sympathy from me, players get pushed out of clubs for way less not surprised at the agenda.

He wasn’t disinterested or disruptive while Wenger was here. He was crap, like everyone else at the club, though.

I couldn’t care less too, but I genuinely can’t let this situation slide without questioning Raul trying to act like a bad man. It’s backfired now.

gamechannel

Let's see... I'm an American living in Brazil - I happen to know a little about the 2 politicians I actually did comment on - Bolsonaro & Trump.

Trump is absolutely a fascist. As is Bolsonaro. They may be borderline fascists going by the academic definition of fascism but they both have continuously practiced enough fascism to qualify as fascists.

moloso

He wasn’t disinterested or disruptive while Wenger was here. He was crap, like everyone else at the club, though.

I couldn’t care less too, but I genuinely can’t let this situation slide without questioning Raul trying to act like a bad man. It’s backfired now.

How has it backfired? It's the same situation as before - he has a contract, it's not as if he's got a new deal direct from Kroenke is it?

Like him or hate him, objectively what is Raul or any other exec going to do in this situation? Of course you have to try and move him on, we can play 3 players what he earns!

If you actually believe that he's essentially been a model pro throughout this then you're already in way too deep.

No one in football thinks this is a good look for Özil whatever right he has to stay and get paid - he's wasted 3 years of his career not playing.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why try to force him out like this? It’s backfired now. Raul trying to be too smart for his own good.

Didn’t he think he would be some hero if he forced out Özil and his wages?
Most DOF in Raul's position would try to for e him out tbf.

He's on a wage that's obscene. You could argue that the wage is hampering us in the transfer market.

You think if he was putting out top performances, Raul would try to push him out?
The club don't want him any more because he's taking the wage that could get us three very good players but yet he's been playing like a championship player for more than two years.

Yes, Raul may not be totally blameless but you arguing that Özil is the real victim in all of this is just pathetic in the least

Infact, Özil is trying to play the victim card acting as if the club just hate him for nothing.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Most DOF in Raul's position would try to for e him out tbf.

He's on a wage that's obscene. You could argue that the wage is hampering us in the transfer market.

You think if he was putting out top performances, Raul would try to push him out?
The club don't want him any more because he's taking the wage that could get us three very good players but yet he's been playing like a championship player for more than two years.

Yes, Raul may not be totally blameless but you arguing that Özil is the real victim in all of this is just pathetic in the least

Infact, Özil is trying to play the victim card acting as if the club just him for nothing.
I didn’t say Özil is a victim or even suggest such a thing, why are you always making up lies? If anything, I said I couldn’t care less about Özil.

You’re just inventing a narrative so you can whine again.

I’m glad you think Raul might not be totally blameless, some impartiality finally.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I didn’t say Özil is a victim or even suggest such a thing, why are you always making up lies? If anything, I said I couldn’t care less about Özil.

You’re just inventing a narrative so you can whine again.

I’m glad you think Raul might not be totally blameless, some impartiality finally.
I haven't invented any narrative. Most of your argument here has been that Özil has been done dirty by the club. You said in the Özil transfer thread that Özil has been treated badly by the club.

Doesn't that imply that Özil is the victim?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I haven't invented any narrative. Most of your argument here has been that Özil has been done dirty by the club. You said in the Özil transfer thread that Özil has been treated badly by the club.

Doesn't that imply that Özil is the victim?
Yeah, but I have balanced that by also saying that Raul and Özil are now in a personal battle/war, which would suggest I don’t see Özil as some innocent party.

You have to admit, it looks like Raul tried to play the big man and it hasn’t worked, if anything it’s made Özil dig his heels in more. Bit like Bale and Madrid now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom