• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
seems to me the one factor we don't know in this whole sorry saga is the manner in which Özil refused Arteta's efforts to get everyone behind the cut in wages

if he told him basically to **** off then that would explain a lot

GDeep™

League is very weak
seems to me the one factor we don't know in this whole sorry saga is the manner in which Özil refused Arteta's efforts to get everyone behind the cut in wages

if he told him basically to **** off then that would explain a lot
We know though? Özil offered to take a bigger than required pay cut.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Let's see... I'm an American living in Brazil - I happen to know a little about the 2 politicians I actually did comment on - Bolsonaro & Trump.

doesnt matter where you live. They both are full blown fascists and if you claim otherwise because you live in a country, it really doesnt mean anything, except shed light on your leanings.

Manberg

Predator
Dropping Özil was Arteta’s decision because Özil came back from lockdown in poor shape. He didn’t workout like his teammates. The baby may have something to do with it but it doesn’t excuse his laziness.
There’s no conspiracy.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
They didn’t bully him into anything. He simply refused. That’s not what happens when someone gets bullied into doing something.

You’re welcome.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
if you believe his spin on everything then I will leave you to it
why are the others angry then?

Seems to me that no one was happy about it but went along with Arteta's assurances. Özil didn't and then AFC broke their word.

Obviously Arteta cannot say anything, and the others do not have enough weight.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
why are the others angry then?

Seems to me that no one was happy about it but went along with Arteta's assurances. Özil didn't and then AFC broke their word.

Obviously Arteta cannot say anything, and the others do not have enough weight.
doesn't your last sentence make you aware that we are only getting Özil's side of the story, and he may be just a tiny bit biased?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
doesn't your last sentence make you aware that we are only getting Özil's side of the story, and he may be just a tiny bit biased?
he is. He ain't a saint, as they say.

Arteta might be thankful that Özil has spoken about it. The tertiary comments will obviously rankle, but it is still a voice from the players side.

I was actually hoping someone like Bellerin would speak up.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s an Arsenal man he wouldn’t rock the boat like that.

He actually tried to convince the players to take the pay cut actually. Him and Luiz.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
he is. He ain't a saint, as they say.

Arteta might be thankful that Özil has spoken about it. The tertiary comments will obviously rankle, but it is still a voice from the players side.

it is a voice from one player, who may or may not be speaking for others

bottom line is we don't know half of what has gone on, or is still going on, and taking sides is a foolhardy exercise, in my opinion

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He’s an Arsenal man he wouldn’t rock the boat like that.

He actually tried to convince the players to take the pay cut actually. Him and Luiz.
Oof...Got shafted by AFC. I do think that the circumstances changed a lot after the pay-cut thing too.

I just think that they could have just kept quiet, Arsenal. Pretty mcuch put their foots into their mouths everytime they did something about this.

it is a voice from one player, who may or may not be speaking for others

bottom line is we don't know half of what has gone on, or is still going on, and taking sides is a foolhardy exercise, in my opinion
I side with the individual over the organization (in general). Especially if said individual has literally asked a country to go fcuk itself.

Organizations have too much at stake, they cannot say the truth or what they want to say. Which is why ADC has used these leaks.

This whole thing is basically the plotline of A Few Good Men.

You-cant-handle-the-truth-meme-generator-you-want-the-truth-you-can-t-handle-the-truth-9789dd.jpg

kash2

They didn’t bully him into anything. He simply refused. That’s not what happens when someone gets bullied into doing something.

You’re welcome.
no old man ...the players were bullied into a pay cut. A few smart ones with backbone refused.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
that's me done with this thread - too many people sucking up Özil's every word and unwilling or unable to see that there may be another side to the story

even if he is the biggest victim in history, his continued presence cannot be good for the rest of the players, who were showing such promising signs of melding into a real team - and the team is bigger than any individual

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
no old man ...the players were bullied into a pay cut. A few smart ones with backbone refused.
Nobody was ‘bullied’ yer clown. You’re talking about huge earners with legal teams, agents and advisors coming out of their arses. Get a ****ing clue some day and quit creating non existent scenarios. It’s all you ever do ffs.

kash2

Nobody was ‘bullied’ yer clown. You’re talking about huge earners with legal teams, agents and advisors coming out of their arses. Get a ****ing clue some day and quit creating non existent scenarios. It’s all you ever do ffs.

you are the sad clown still prancing around in his imaginary circus.

Stating wrong facts and finding an alternate reality in everything. The club did not give the information requested, did not give the players time to consider it, and froze out from the team those who refused.

thats not bullying eh? maybe not to a bully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom