• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Why us the club not responding to his accusations?

He told a solid story and there is no reason not to believe him as the club isn't denying what he said.

They don't need to directly respond, they can just show how the money taken from the players is being used.

We already look like we’re being managed by the Marx Brothers I don’t think now is the best time for a public back and forth with one of our employees? :lol:

Moah

What has he accused the club of? We’re still waiting for the club to tell us why Arsenal are the only club in the PL to force a pay cut.
He said the club didn't clarify how the money was being used.
I actually agree with his point and believe the club should clarify what is going on.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Have you had of a software called VPN?
Their location being different is a secondary point. @gamechannel joined in 2014, Kash already had an account on here then so why would he create another one? Did he predict that he'd get banned 4 years later and keep one account as a spare?

musoke

Don't know about the father thing, might be true. Mourinho loved Özil, but when Ancelotti came in the summer 2013, something changed. Özil did very well at Real, no question about that. He was able to sideline Kaka, who in this thread has been cited as being levels above de Bruyne (Kaka in his prime).
Wasn’t Kaka injured for the majority of his time at Madrid? The guy hardly played and later moved to the MLS to retire.
I might be wrong.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Wasn’t Kaka injured for the majority of his time at Madrid? The guy hardly played and later moved to the MLS to retire.
I might be wrong.
He was a spent force when Madrid signed him, not close to the level he was at Milan.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I might be wrong.
Ancelloti came and started to play 4-3-3. Özil couldn't adapt and was rightfully binned and he was demandimg a starting spot based on his reputation and not performance on the pitch

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He was a spent force when Madrid signed him, not close to the level he was at Milan.
Kaka ravaged by injury during his Madrid spell. So it was pretty much easy for Özil to take his spot.

Divided_Pie

He said the club didn't clarify how the money was being used.
I actually agree with his point and believe the club should clarify what is going on.

Let's look at the facts:
1. Arsenal are the only team in the league to implement a pay reduction for players
2. The players association advised that players not agree to pay cuts, and recommended deferrals instead
3. Özil was fine with a deferral, even at a higher proportion than other players
4. Özil was open to a pay cut if the club could provide clarity on how the money would be used
5. Other players also were also reluctant to agree to a pay cutd ue to the lack of clarity, but most eventually agreed after Arteta urged them to do so
6. Somebody at the club leaked that Özil did not accept the pay cut
7. Özil was not the only player to refuse the pay cut, but his name was the only name leaked

8. Once the club cut 55 staff members, other plays became upset because they had understood that their pay reduction would go towards saving jobs, and feel that they were misled by the club
9. Not a single source, named or otherwise, has denied anything Özil has said. Say what you will about Özil, but he has never struck me as a liar.

Unless you believe Özil is straight up lying (not a single source, named or unnamed, has denied any of what he said), it's clear that the club were in the wrong here, first by pushing the players to accept the pay cut without providing an adequate level of transparency, and 2nd by leaking Özil's name, thereby justifying Özil's assertion that people are out to get him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Özil was good for Madrid tbh I don’t actually know what’s going on here.

Kaka was out wide for Madrid anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom