• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moah

Let's look at the facts:
1. Arsenal are the only team in the league to implement a pay reduction for players
2. The players association advised that players not agree to pay cuts, and recommended deferrals instead
3. Özil was fine with a deferral, even at a higher proportion than other players
4. Özil was open to a pay cut if the club could provide clarity on how the money would be used
5. Other players also were also reluctant to agree to a pay cutd ue to the lack of clarity, but most eventually agreed after Arteta urged them to do so
6. Somebody at the club leaked that Özil did not accept the pay cut
7. Özil was not the only player to refuse the pay cut, but his name was the only name leaked

8. Once the club cut 55 staff members, other plays became upset because they had understood that their pay reduction would go towards saving jobs, and feel that they were misled by the club
9. Not a single source, named or otherwise, has denied anything Özil has said. Say what you will about Özil, but he has never struck me as a liar.

Unless you believe Özil is straight up lying (not a single source, named or unnamed, has denied any of what he said), it's clear that the club were in the wrong here, first by pushing the players to accept the pay cut without providing an adequate level of transparency, and 2nd by leaking Özil's name, thereby justifying Özil's assertion that people are out to get him.
I literally said I agree with his point.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Let's look at the facts:
1. Arsenal are the only team in the league to implement a pay reduction for players
2. The players association advised that players not agree to pay cuts, and recommended deferrals instead
3. Özil was fine with a deferral, even at a higher proportion than other players
4. Özil was open to a pay cut if the club could provide clarity on how the money would be used
5. Other players also were also reluctant to agree to a pay cutd ue to the lack of clarity, but most eventually agreed after Arteta urged them to do so
7. Özil was not the only player to refuse the pay cut, but his name was the only name leaked

8. Once the club cut 55 staff members, other plays became upset because they had understood that their pay reduction would go towards saving jobs, and feel that they were misled by the club
9. Not a single source, named or otherwise, has denied anything Özil has said. Say what you will about Özil, but he has never struck me as a liar.

Unless you believe Özil is straight up lying (not a single source, named or unnamed, has denied any of what he said), it's clear that the club were in the wrong here, first by pushing the players to accept the pay cut without providing an adequate level of transparency, and 2nd by leaking Özil's name, thereby justifying Özil's assertion that people are out to get him.
Superb posting.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Let's look at the facts:

A top post that I don't think anyone can argue with. The other truth is that Özil isn't wanted as a player and on a high wage that the club would love to shift. Like Raul, he's done here imo.

Manberg

Predator
Let's look at the facts:

Why is it a surprise that the board want him gone? So do many Arsenal fans, including me. The board had been trying to deliver on our demands to get him out.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Arteta wants Özil in. He played him in each league game before the lockdown. Then Raul starts to **** around. Raul gets booted out and Özil interview comes out with perfect timing.

I dont know what kind of football fan doesnt want to see Özil, pepe and auba play together

Manberg

Predator
Arteta wants Özil in. He played him in each league game before the lockdown. Then Raul starts to **** around. Raul gets booted out and Özil interview comes out with perfect timing.

I dont know what kind of football fan doesnt want to see Özil, pepe and auba play together

Do you have any proof of that? For all we know it could be Arteta who dropped Özil from the squad due to footballing reasons. The interview will have done more harm than good for Özil in terms of getting back into the team.

Finesse

The state of chaos now vindicates my objectivity about the Özil saga. It is clear things have not been handled well at the club level. ( few key people making the biggest decisions) . That has a direct effect on the pitch and contract negotiations etc. We have worked with 3 managers since Wenger already. Within the period Gazidis , Sven and now Raul have departed. All for very obvious reasons. The team has been a shambles until Arteta. No one can stand out , and post Corona has been the basis for the heros in the team today. I hope Edu and Arteta can steady the ship and move us forward.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta

Do you have any proof of that? For all we know it could be Arteta who dropped Özil from the squad due to footballing reasons. The interview will have done more harm than good for Özil in terms of getting back into the team.
Arteta wants Özil in. He played him in each league game before the lockdown. The interview was blessed by the management to pave the way for raul to feck off and for Özil to be reincluded.

Wallah you are not a football fan.

Manberg

Predator

Arteta wants Özil in. He played him in each league game before the lockdown. The interview was blessed by the management to pave the way for raul to feck off and for Özil to be reincluded.

Wallah you are not a football fan.

Arteta switched formation after the break. Özil doesn’t suit the 3-4-3 he is not good enough defensively. Secondly, there were reports that Özil came back for the restart in poor fitness, further disappointing Arteta.

Wtf does wallah mean?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Özil was never close to being the player Cazorla was either. Nor a certain #4 in the era before that.

Feel like the difference mainly between Kevin and Mesut is the mentality. No denying in Özils unreal talent, but when push comes to shove and it takes Özil to adapt to a game rather than the other way around he comes flat. Kevin always come through in some capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom