• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divided_Pie

I can see why you're frustrated that he's still here, still trains with the first team, and there's nothing you can do about it.

I felt similarly about Emery for a year and a half.

Manberg

Predator
I can see why you're frustrated that he's still here, still trains with the first team, and there's nothing you can do about it.

I felt similarly about Emery for a year and a half.

I really think Arteta will have taken that interview badly. Arteta’s the kind who demands his players to get their head down and earn their place in training, the opposite of what Özil’s done. So I expect (or rather, hope) that Özil’s got the Guendouzi treatment and gets kicked out of London Colney.

Manberg

Predator
I expect (or rather, hope) that Özil earns his place in training, gets back out on the pitch with the first team, and helps Arteta get Arsenal back to playing attractive football and competing in the Champions League.

If that happens then I will support it because I am an Arsenal fan. It’s just that I don’t see that happening. I genuinely think Özil’s finished as a player at this level and has been for a long time. It will be a hindrance to the team to have to carry him on the pitch and we’re better off without him. I don’t think he has the mental strength to come back in a way like Xhaka did either.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Well, I want him to succeed, because I am an Arsenal fan and he is an Arsenal player.

After seeing the likes of Willock, Torreira, Guendouzi, Ceballos looking lost at AM, and noting that he led the team in chances created despite not playing a whole lot, I don't agree that Özil has nothing left to offer this team.
Dani done more post lockdown then Özil has done in three seasons.

Divided_Pie

If that happens then I will support it because I am an Arsenal fan.

Well, you can't have it both ways.

Either:

1) The club should be supportive and give him a reasonable opportunity to prove his worth in training and on the pitch.

OR

2) The club should be ruthless and force him to train and play with the U23s.

You can't reasonably expect him to perform while at the same time you are ruthlessly trying to force him out of the club.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I don’t think he has the mental strength to come back in a way like Xhaka did either.

mental strength?? He hung in there almost alone and made sure the torch was passed on to Arteta and he will stay there till we are back playing the Arsenal way, with the Arsenal values.

Mental strength?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I just think it's a bit of a shame it's it's ending like this between him and the club

Also think it's a shame he's going to waste a year of his career at this age when he could he playing somewhere and bossing it (Italy)

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Don’t like this culture of ripping down one player to raise another. Think I’m one of the few here who tends to big up all ballers.

Every footballer in their own way deserves respect. You guys especially in here seem to enjoy ripping one apart to raise another. Makes this forum very undesirable to visit, it’s tiring.
Exactly. Spot on mate.

We need ballers like Nasri, Hleb, Arshavin, Cazorla, Fabregas, Van Persie, Rosicky, Sanchez, Willian, Coutinho, Aouar......players who are skilful on the ball, like to pass around, slowly build up like Barcelona, dominate possession.

Not someone “efficient” to move/release the ball up the pitch as quick as possible, playing like counter attack.

When I watch van de beek, I have the same question as I have for Özil:
Why are they being called ballers/technical/skilful by some people?
The video title has “magical skills” in it, but I couldn’t even see one skill move in there.
What are these people thinking?
To me, they played very simple, efficient, and direct.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member
I just think it's a bit of a shame it's it's ending like this between him and the club

Also think it's a shame he's going to waste a year of his career at this age when he could he playing somewhere and bossing it (Italy)

Özil's career is over, it will not surprise me to see him retire next year. No club in Italy will want to come within one foot of him with his wage demands, the baggage he carries and the fact that it's already proven that you can't get rid of him if he flops.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
I don't know why some people are acting like he isn't a decent player, I think a truce needs to be called.

Most including me thought Xhaka was completely done with us and even he's transformed. If that can happen i'm sure Özil can come back, it's a long season too with EL.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
From the way people are crying that the club is treating Özil badly, you would think the club is forcing him to work 18 hour days under minimum wage ffs.

The guy is the highest earner at the club by far. I'm sure if he's 'treated badly', he would seek a move elsewhere. But he won't. You know why? Because he's here stealing a living, that's why.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I don't know why some people are acting like he isn't a decent player, I think a truce needs to be called.

Most including me thought Xhaka was completely done with us and even he's transformed. If that can happen i'm sure Özil can come back, it's a long season too with EL.

The problem is, he doesn't want to.
We've had Wenger, then Emery, and Arteta, and Özil hasn't been performing under 3 different managers after signing his contract.

Why would it change now?

Xhaka got his **** together pretty fast. And earned his place. Özil hasn't. It's on him 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom