• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: He came, he saw, he conquered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
"Özil ultras" used to get pissed at **** like this headline from the worst newspaper in Britain:

nicking-a-living.jpg
:lol: That knob has more or less come clean to being a ****, for writing that. That was as bad as it got. Completely undermined all the fair criticism Özil got. Of all the things you could have leveled at Mesut back then--and there wasn't loads of different things he was lacking in tbh--being 'lost', 'lazy', 'two-bob' and 'nicking a living' were all either as far from the truth as could be, or just plain spiteful. Both, even. Gutter press at it's worst.

Last edited:

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
:lol: That knob has more or less come clean to being a ****, for writing that. That was as bad as it got. Completely undermined all the fair criticism Özil got. Of all the things you could have leveled at Mesut back then--and there wasn't loads of different things he was lacking in tbh--being 'lost', 'lazy', 'two-bob' and 'nicking a living' are all either as far from the truth as could be, or just plain spiteful. Both, even. Gutter press at it's worst.

Are they as bad as Benayoun comparisons?

Lilwizzle

Established Member
I think it's fair to say he is somewhat better this year considering he has already more than tripled his league assists.
Somewhat? Let's be real, he's improved in everyway. Assists aside, his workrate, strength, commitment and leadership(according to @say yes ) are all levels above what they used to be.

Last edited:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Somewhat? Let's be real, he's improved in everyway. Assists aside, his workrate, strength, commitment and leadership(according to @say yes ) are all levels above what they used to be.

Heh, I was going say a 'teeny tiny bit better' but I was worried people would take that literally but here we are. ;)

(but yeah you are correct)

gunnergoa

With Özil creating at one end and Cech saving at the other. The two of them will hopefully will take us to the title.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
ffs, I always knew he was a great player. The question was: 'can he be a great player for Arsenal?' Being great for Madrid was all well and good, but I couldnt give a **** about his exploits in Spain.

Stop word parsing to avoid admitting you were ****ing wrong.

Just admit you called it wrong on Özil and move on. Stop trying to play some game of parsing words thinking it saves you face.

Those of us who were reading this thread the last two years remember who believed Özil would pull through and who was a doubter. You were a doubter. Don't be a revisionist. man up

Iceman10

Established Member
I don't know of anyone who would dispute that he was world class when he left Real Madrid. Maybe there are (?) CR7 was pretty upset with them selling him, for one. Is Özil a better player than when he left RM? I think so, but a lot of it is him being a more complete player, as a result of having to adapt. Pretty much agreeing with you, but just adding some context.

... This whole thing was really a lot more than just Özil. It extended to AW's decision to buy Özil, and the overall 'project'. This is something that has been in the subtext somewhat, i.e. AW's judgement.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Just admit you called it wrong on Özil and move on. Stop trying to play some game of parsing words thinking it saves you face.

Those of us who were reading this thread the last two years remember who believed Özil would pull through and who was a doubter. You were a doubter. Don't be a revisionist. man up

What an anal post!

How can you quote that post and then go off on a tangent like that?! There's nothing in that post that smacks of trying to save face! Is comprehension not a strong point or something?

Look, sherlock, I've said on more than one occasion these last few pages that I very much doubted we'd see this form. Not many did either, it turns out.

I've also maintained from the start that Özil is undoubtedly a world class player. Who didn't know that before he came here? :lol:

It's all very simple to follow, is long as you read it properly.

My problem, I repeat, was that I thought we wasn't seeing that of him at Arsenal, and wasn't likely to. He went on to show it... That's IT!!

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Is there actually anything wrong with being a doubter?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I mean, the guy is doing exceptionally well for Arsenal and we're on an Arsenal forum.

Banter is one thing but we're getting into serious debates about who rated who first and whatnot. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom