• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: He came, he saw, he conquered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gael Clea-show

Quick question: Think Özil's doing substantially better without Cazorla in the team?

I remember we even had a thread about the two of them playing together and stifling Özil.

It's noticeable how much more Özil's on the ball now and WANTS to be the main creator as opposed to Cazorla holding it for longer periods.

Lilwizzle

Established Member
Quick question: Think Özil's doing substantially better without Cazorla in the team?

I remember we even had a thread about the two of them playing together and stifling Özil.

It's noticeable how much more Özil's on the ball now and WANTS to be the main creator as opposed to Cazorla holding it for longer periods.
Nope.

Caz has only missed the last 6 PL games, but Özil has been on fire from day one.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

Nah Özil's been on fire all year and linked up well with Cazorla. With Özil and Santi in the middle they actually created 10 or more chances per game a few times this season.

The prior issue with Cazorla/Özil was when Santi was pushed out wide where he didn't have the pace and we played the ball to feet around the penalty area without any penetration. With Santi in the middle that was no longer a problem

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
When you only have ONE creative outlet then a team's attacking threat can be more easily neutralised. The burden to create falls heavily on Özil's shoulders in the absence of Santi & Sanchez. Thankfully Sanchez is about to come back as Mesut needs help up top.

USArsenalFan716

I'm not sure that Özil is doing better without Cazorla. I still think the team was better with Cazorla over Ramsey in midfield, but having Ramsey is still OK.

Özil has had to drop back and help retain possession of the ball more with Ramsey and cover when Ramsey goes forward, so he can't be forward as much where he should ideally be. Plus Santi is another creative playmaker so when teams mark Özil hard (which they should be doing) the team doesn't have another great creative outlet.

However, Ramsey does make runs from midfield for Özil that Cazorla doesn't, and has gotten in pretty good scoring positions lately from them.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Özil has steadily improved to the level he's at now since returning from injury. Can't really put that down to anyone else other than Özil. His form has fluctuated slightly along the way, which is normal, but it's been a steady climb overall.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Özil has steadily improved to the level he's at now since returning from injury. Can't really put that down to anyone else other than Özil. His form has fluctuated slightly along the way, which is normal, but it's been a steady climb overall.

Yes, I've always thought the bulk he added while out injured has played a key role. He can now hold players off and keep the ball more easily, which is needed in the PL, regardless of how much talent and skill you have.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
What an anal post!

How can you quote that post and then go off on a tangent like that?! There's nothing in that post that smacks of trying to save face! Is comprehension not a strong point or something?

Look, sherlock, I've said on more than one occasion these last few pages that I very much doubted we'd see this form. Not many did either, it turns out.

I've also maintained from the start that Özil is undoubtedly a world class player. Who didn't know that before he came here? :lol:

It's all very simple to follow, is long as you read it properly.

My problem, I repeat, was that I thought we wasn't seeing that of him at Arsenal, and wasn't likely to. He went on to show it... That's IT!!

Whatever you tell yourself to get through the night matey!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
For the last time, I never ever doubted Özil.

What I did doubt was his ability to find his very best form for Arsenal. That's all I ever doubted, and I couldn't be happier that he's showing it.

More to the point though, what sets me apart from Carragher, you gargantuan bellend, is that I'm more than willing to acknowledge he's playing great more often than not :) Therefore this nonsense should really stop, as it's a complete misrepresentation, bordering on slander.

Now all you guys need to man up and accept, in order for this thread to become one big harmonious, crescendo of purified ****, is that he's never been as good as this previously for Arsenal, his performances now are like night and day in comparison, and so to an extent, you didn't have faith in this happening either! :eek:

Not sure I'm buying that, I think you definitely doubted Özil. Why would you doubt he couldn't find his best form here? Because we don't play to his strengths? We're Arsenal, if any no.10 is gonna shine it'd be here. That looks a cop-out to me, you obviously doubted his quality. If you didn't, you wouldn't have thought someone like Eriksen could've done better here, or worse, compared him to Benayoun.

I look at posts like this;
For the record, and for clarity, I absolutely did not think he would come good, but he has. So I completely stand corrected on that! But that's as 'wrong' as I've been imo. All the rest is seagulls following the trawler of truth :p

There's no specification that you thought he wouldn't come good here, but rather in general. I know you're probably gonna fire off some other claims but I'm simply not having you not doubting Özil's quality. You were probably the most vocal of his critics, you're just a bit unwilling to eat your humble pie.

It's not bad with a bit of milk, get it down you kid ;).

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
m10_official Hello fans, your crazy artworks, mockups and drawings of me assisting somebody made me laugh tears. As a small thank you I’m giving away a signed shirt for the coolest of your ideas! Post it on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #AssistMesut and you are part of the game. I will be the jury and pick the winner….

:lol:

Jaywood Mac

I think Wenger was right when he had santi and coq in the middle with özil in front and ramsey wide. Still get the özil, cazorla control of midfield and creativity and passing but also ramseys directness and Ljungberg esque runs into the box. Hope we see that again when they're all fit.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
m10_official Hello fans, your crazy artworks, mockups and drawings of me assisting somebody made me laugh tears. As a small thank you I’m giving away a signed shirt for the coolest of your ideas! Post it on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #AssistMesut and you are part of the game. I will be the jury and pick the winner….

:lol:
Now i understand everything.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Nothing at all.

I call out hypocrisy when I see it and one of the biggest Özil doubters claiming he always had faith in Özil just not in "Özil at Arsenal", that's just a bunch of ****.

Let me say it again.

I've NEVER said I always had faith in Özil. I absolutely DID NOT think he'd pull through and become the player he is for us now. Is that clear? @celestis , @blaze_of_glory and many other can vouch for me doubting that, or indeed, being a 'doubter'.

I was very much a doubter

And I also always maintained he was a world class footballer.

What part of these two sentences do you find hard to accept?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not sure I'm buying that, I think you definitely doubted Özil. Why would you doubt he couldn't find his best form here? Because we don't play to his strengths? We're Arsenal, if any no.10 is gonna shine it'd be here. That looks a cop-out to me, you obviously doubted his quality. If you didn't, you wouldn't have thought someone like Eriksen could've done better here, or worse, compared him to Benayoun..

I worded the first post wrong. When I said 'doubt' I meant 'doubt' that he was world class or 'doubt' his ability. We were on the subject of 'world class' so it had no context.

I've said I was a doubter and made that very clear last week. I've never doubted his world class ability, but absolutely doubted he'd produce it here, and more than that, would have happily sold him!

I wont have anyone say I doubted he was world class though. That's just ****ing absurd!

Here's me admitting to be an unholy doubter. Second post down https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/mesut-Özil-he-came-he-saw-he-conquered.28040/page-252

There's a prize for anyone who can find a post claiming he isn't world class. Happy hunting!

Last edited:

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
I worded the first post wrong. When I said 'doubt' I meant 'doubt' that he was world class. I've said I was a doubter and made that very clear last week. I've never doubted his world class ability, but absolutely doubted he'd produce it here, and more than that, would have happily sold him!

I wont have anyone say I doubted he was world class though. That's just ****ing absurd!

Blablablabla... So much hot air....

blaze_of_glory

I think this shaming session has gone on long enough. In all directions. Özil is playing great and is delivering like some always thought would happen and some were skeptical about.

Time to move on. Lets discuss the player not our previous posts about him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think this shaming session has gone on long enough. In all directions. Özil is playing great and is delivering like some always thought would happen and some were skeptical about.

Time to move on. Lets discuss the player not our previous posts about him.
I've think I've made my stance very clear all along, every step of the way. People are just to keen to put labels on people though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom