• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
Özil to Fener?

giphy.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
2004023_w2.jpg

“Alright Mesut, you don’t have to go to China...but you’re definitely not ****ing staying here!”

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Can fener afford to cover the £27m (rough estimate) left on his deal here or will the club be heavily subsidising that? For all the attention and money the move is likely to bring for them in sponsorship and shirt sales one would hope they'll be covering the majority of what remains of his Arsenal contract.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can fener afford to cover the £27m (rough estimate) left on his deal here or will the club be heavily subsidising that? For all the attention and money the move is likely to bring for them in sponsorship and shirt sales one would hope they'll be covering the majority of what remains of his Arsenal contract.
Any deal will happen it'll see us pay most of his wages.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Not sure how it works with taxes but in Turkey they (foreign players) only pay 15% tax so I suppose they wouldn’t have to pay him as much for him to take home what he would if he was playing here.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Not sure how it works with taxes but in Turkey they (foreign players) only pay 15% tax so I suppose they wouldn’t have to pay him as much for him to take home what he would if he was playing here.

What would he expect to take home on that £27m if he remained here for the rest of the contract?

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
He gets £180k a week after tax. Fenerbahce would need to pay him €250k a week to match that.

So just under €20m if they were to cover it in full. I hope we work that to our advantage but they're probably sensing our desperation to ship him out.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
So just under €20m if they were to cover it in full. I hope we work that to our advantage but they're probably sensing our desperation to ship him out.

Realistically you could expect them to put up half of that and we’d cover the rest. We’d still be saving money and getting rid of a problem.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Realistically you could expect them to put up half of that and we’d cover the rest. We’d still be saving money and getting rid of a problem.

True. Aren't they one of the bigger spenders in the Turkish league? I do hope they're prepared to pay a fair share. Hate to think of us paying someone huge amounts to play elsewhere. Needs must though I guess.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Özil has long been rumoured to be interested in playing for Fenerbahçe at some point, ever since he said in an interview that he had been a fan of them when he was a kid. So that's one thing that might incentivize him slashing his wages a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom