• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xavi is a legend and seen by most as one of the best midfielders ever by the time he was "finished"...... he had nothing left to prove and his legacy was already secured. If you suggest to other fans that Özil is a Xavi level player they'll almost certainly laugh at you. Özil's legacy is not secured and I still find it hard to believe he will get a pay rise in the Middle East.
I never compared Özil to Xavi. I said their situation was similar. Özil at 31 is in the same situation that Xavi was at 35. But Xavi knew when to go. He left a massive contract and took a paycut to go to Qatar despite being on massive wage.

My point was in reply to @GDeep™ post that no footballler can move to the middle East except he gets a massive increase in wages

Keplaz

Özil is too comfortable in London. He won’t leave even if he’s offered more money elsewhere. I don’t normally encourage getting on a player’s back but for Özil I make an exception, he’s made it Özil vs Arsenal and he’s disrespected Arsenal legends like Keown. Not worthy of respect. Club wasn’t ruthless enough. Make him train with the reserves, make him uncomfortable.
I don't think training with reserves would bother him. He'd find a way to spin it in his favour. He'd post a picture with an 18 year old and say something like, "Proud to be sharing my experience with the future of Arsenal" #yahgunnersyah #mrmiyagi

TheEconomist

Established Member
I wish that guy on AFTV never had that meltdown all those years ago. We never would have signed Özil. Then again we'd probably have given 350k a week to Walcott and had the same problem

Gegen Pressing

Not even Mikel can motivate the man. Flamini should be on the staff. With his business sense as well, he can replace Edu. Who would've known the true Wenger replacement was him all along?
Flamini, staff? I heard he could buy out Arsenal FC if he decided to sell his biotech company...
But would he be a good owner? I think he would be a great owner.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The whole stuff is so bad that even if a club like inter come in for him, I don't see him leaving. He likes it here not because he loves the club. But because he's comfortable here. This us a culture that took root under Wenger whereby players were no longer held accountable. Özil is the last vestige of that era. The day he leaves will be a new dawn for the club and an unshackling of the club's feet.
He knows that there's no expectations on him by the fans. Even in the days where he played bad, (which was most days) he'd still be excused by the fans and instead other players were blamed for his poor performances.

Also he knows that leaving here might see his brand value plummet.

Last edited:

sykesy69

The whole stuff is so bad that even if a club like inter come in for him, I don't see him leaving. He likes it here not because he loves the club. But because he's comfortable here. This us a culture that took root under Wenger whereby players were no longer held accountable. Özil is the last vestige of that era. The day he leaves will be a new dawn for the club and an unshackling of the club's feet.
He knows that there's no expectations on him by the fans. Even in the days where he played bad, (which was most days) he'd still be excused by the fans and instead other players were blamed for his poor performances.

Also he knows that leaving here might see his brand value plummet.
I think staying might just as well see his brand plummet tbh.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It's such a shame how things have turned out with Mesut. I was never so hyped for a signing as the day we bought him.

I'm sure there's enough blame to go around on both sides as to why things have turned out the they way they have. He's within his rights to sit his contract out if that's what he's intent is.

Massively talented footballer, should be at the peak of his powers at 31. Tells you something about his mentality and desire though that only retirement leagues are offering him a deal. What a waste of talent.

I never compared Özil to Xavi. I said their situation was similar. Özil at 31 is in the same situation that Xavi was at 35. But Xavi knew when to go. He left a massive contract and took a paycut to go to Qatar despite being on massive wage.

My point was in reply to @GDeep™ post that no footballler can move to the middle East except he gets a massive increase in wages

One is 31 and one is 35. That's a whole standard 4-year contract between them. The situations are not similar at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom