• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
TBF Özil did call out Muslim leaders in the original insta post. And we all know the reason countries like Indonesia, Pakistan and the others arent speaking out is $$$.

But like you say, there is a long line of people and institutions in the queue ahead of Arsenal FC who are closer to this issue and should be publicly backing Özil, speaking out, and taking the flak on social media and in the press ahead of Arsenal.

Ifly_Gooner

New to the forum, have read a lot of the threads. A bit controversial but I believe if Özil isn't willing to move it's better to utilise him. Having said that, he did get a lot of chances from different managers and he failed most of them. From what I see in his game though is the fact that his passing is still sublime and he doesn't lose the ball. So, if we can't move him on we should utilise probably one of the best creators in the game.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Wenger first, this plonker second, followed by all his annoying followers.

Victory will be sweet again.

Another
mission accomplished.

Arsène leaving mad everything worse though, you’re literally celebrating the downfall of Arsenal like it’s mission accomplished.

Some of you really just hated Arsène Wenger personally and don’t care about the football side :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsène leaving mad everything worse though, you’re literally celebrating the downfall of Arsenal like it’s mission accomplished.

Some of you really just hated Arsène Wenger personally and don’t care about the football side :lol:
That's not true, I loved Wenger, but after 20 years and stagnating/sliding in the last quarter, other managers deserve a chance. He was defeated by time and staleness more than being a bad manager, he didn't adapt to the football world around him and that's just the truth.

Had I known Emery/Ljunberg/Arteta would be in line I personally wouldn't have said Wenger out as those are all wack variations compared to him - I was expecting a bigger name manager for some strange reason (naivety).

It should be noted he hasn't jumped in management since, maybe even he's accepted he can't do it anymore.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
That's not true, I loved Wenger, but after 20 years and stagnating/sliding in the last quarter, other managers deserve a chance. He was defeated by time and staleness more than being a bad manager, he didn't adapt to the football world around him and that's just the truth.

Had I known Emery/Ljunberg/Arteta would be in line I personally wouldn't have said Wenger out as those are all wack variations compared to him - I was expecting a bigger name manager for some strange reason (naivety).

It should be noted he hasn't jumped in management since, maybe even he's accepted he can't do it anymore.

Regardless if you think he can’t do it anymore there’s only a certain level these players can reach. We’re buying players from Chelsea’s bins and people expect us to challenge.

Say what you want about Arsène but don’t act like it’s better now he’s gone.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Regardless if you think he can’t do it anymore there’s only a certain level these players can reach. We’re buying players from Chelsea’s bins and people expect us to challenge.

Say what you want about Arsène but don’t act like it’s better now he’s gone.
I can agree with all of this.

Just pointed out that whilst I personally was a Wenger out guy, it wasn't with disdain or hatred. I think it was time to move on but we did not recruit properly, an ongoing theme till this day.

Hoping Arteta has bucked the trend.

Trofton

New to the forum, have read a lot of the threads. A bit controversial but I believe if Özil isn't willing to move it's better to utilise him. Having said that, he did get a lot of chances from different managers and he failed most of them. From what I see in his game though is the fact that his passing is still sublime and he doesn't lose the ball. So, if we can't move him on we should utilise probably one of the best creators in the game.
In what system ? Arteta plays with the team moving up and down the pitch and midfielders become defenders. Özils eat map is the centre circle and off the ball is the worst player in the squad

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I haven't heard No Salah or Mahrez speak on the same issue.

By the way, why is he calling on non-muslims to speak out when most Muslim leaders all over the world are mute on this particular issue? And yet somehow some people wanted Arsenal to come out and be at the forefront of the 'Uyghur issue' :lol:

The bitter truth is that the rest of the Muslim world don't give a damn about the Uyghur people.
actually China is bowing to pressure from mainly US. Muslim countries are too weak to say anything to China

you'd need to go to the egyptian and African News sites to get what they think about it. Or maybe they are keeping their mouths shut.

Again, you cannot define the rules of how the guys react to racism.

I'm glad you didn't quote me because my quote was not about Özil.

Ifly_Gooner

In what system ? Arteta plays with the team moving up and down the pitch and midfielders become defenders. Özils eat map is the centre circle and off the ball is the worst player in the squad

So, my point is to play him if we are unable to move him on.. Playing him through the centre with two strong midfield presence who can pass would be best suited for Özil. So, for me a 4231 works perfectly if we are stuck with Özil. Further, I believe Arteta wants to dominate games by having more ball possession and progressive passing. We don't have much better talents than Özil in the team. He does seem to do a lot of running which is usually 10+ kms. Lastly, if we can move him on it would be in our best interests but if we are stuck with him, he's not as bad a player as we make him out to be.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Of course everyon is racist to Özil and not to other high profile Muslim footballlers like Salah, Mahrez, Mustafi, Pogba etc

It's a conspiracy against Özil.

I suspect Arsenal are in on it as well
Who is saying there is racism towards Özil? What am I missing? I haven’t seen it.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our criticism on Özil is solely based on his performance. It does not mean that we like the incompetent manager who had chosen to not playing him. We all know emery is not a good manager and we do criticise him. We know Raul’s flaws and we do criticise him. Özil had been so inconsistent and limited but it’s not anyone else’s fault.
??? You mean you are more than one person?

large_zbPNk5nR6kgG4hvW8j1pwyjiYPY.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom