• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
- I included, do not like or approve Mesut's tweets throughout the season, especially in our down turn in form or what appears to be subliminal shots.
- I do though understand, he has a brand to protect and the club has damaged that.

He chose to damage his own brand by being a bum.......... while players like Sanchez and Bale had the common sense to move to new clubs to protect their brand. The biggest loser of this war between Arsenal FC and Özil is still Özil cause we will march on without him, while his brand is now irreversibly in ruins due to his own actions.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Think it makes sense to rotate Özil with ESR. That way we see if Emile gets a half season audition which allows the club to decide on if they want to get a 10 that benches him or replaces him.

It would also be about 20M-30M cheaper than signing someone in Jan.

Özil can't play the same role that ESR plays.......... the market for AMCs who can run and press is extremely limited. Brandt can't play that role too. Someone like Buendia might be able to. It might be a case that Arteta needs to develop a plan for an alternative system without ESR cause it's going to be much harder to replace him in a short term than people realize.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Right, I've probably done a bit to turn this thread into a car crash today. I stand by everything I've said but I'm going to try and be a bit more positive... At least about the past :lol:

What are your top 3 Özil games for Arsenal or stand out moments in his time here?

For me

3. Everton vs Arsenal 17/18. A goal and assist. Great performance all around. I pick this one as there was a lot of criticism at the time that he didn't perform in away games. He was excellent here and turned up big time.

2-Arsenal vs Bayern 15 / 16. Must win game. Özil tore a pretty great Bayern team apart. Performed on the big stage and grabbed the second. Also put in a big defensive shift.

1-Arsenal vs Man Utd 15/16. Cazorla and Özil's link up play was sublime that day. They were cutting United's defence to ribbons at will. Özil got a goal and assist too. Probably overall my favourite Özil performance in an Arsenal shirt.
One of the games before he signed his extension, can’t remember which. He was sensational in a few and it made my mind up that he should be given whatever it takes if we’re going to see performances like that often enough. He was initiating everything and doing stuff that his biggest fans told me ‘wasn’t his game’. The gutting thing is that I know he still has that in him somewhere. I’d like to see it again one last time because I don’t like ****ty ending to players careers at Arsenal, but it’s not going to happen now. Too much water under the bridge.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
:lol: Seeing Iwobi trying to leng the ball when he should be kicking it, makes me laugh. How much did we get for him? My word.
:shivering:

After Iwobi scored in this game, he went behind the goal and stood there for a bit just giving the Palace fans a thumbs up...quite funny, tbf :lol:

Last edited:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He chose to damage his own brand by being a bum.......... while players like Sanchez and Bale had the common sense to move to new clubs to protect their brand. The biggest loser of this war between Arsenal FC and Özil is still Özil cause we will march on without him, while his brand is now irreversibly in ruins due to his own actions.
Why should he take a pay cut if he's comfortable in London? Footballers decline, we made the mistake. The biggest loser of this war is both Arsenal and Özil, but yes, Arsenal will march on without him as will Özil. Keep touting your bum agenda, fact is, he was a polarizing and influential figure for us under Wenger.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Think it makes sense to rotate Özil with ESR. That way we see if Emile gets a half season audition which allows the club to decide on if they want to get a 10 that benches him or replaces him.

It would also be about 20M-30M cheaper than signing someone in Jan.
I think the youth are inspired what Özil does in training and this is on the job training for ESR. I'd rather play Özil than panic buy someone who isn't good enough and then can't be shifted.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You're like my mom :lol: Pure and disaffected by the dirt being tossed around :lol:

I was too young to understand it when it came out.. :lol:
Not sure about unaffected. Just read that post again and it makes no sense, probably influenced by the thread. :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I asked for this months back tbf. We just wanna appreciate what we had in peace. :lol:
I'm not a fan of Özil's latter years at all, but the vitriol and hatred spewed on here every time his name was mentioned was disgusting and jarring to read tbh.

It's just football. The club f*cked up, why lose sleep?
I used to say I will be glad to see the back of him but it's slowly starting to look like Auba is being primed for this scapegoat role.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I asked for this months back tbf. We just wanna appreciate what we had in peace. :lol:

Fair enough. In a sane world his fans could do that on here, just ignore the posts they don't like. It's not hard to be honest.

This is an Internet forum after all, it's going to attract Arsenal fans with divergent opinions on everything related to the club and Mesut has been a hot button issue for a number of years and he provokes strong feelings on both sides.

Personally I think it would be a shame if it gets to the stage where people stay in their little echo chambers only hearing what they want to hear about a player, and I think that about all players not just Mesut.

During the past months people have said some pretty harsh things about Arteta ( some I've found offensive particularly when it's personal insults) who I'm a fan of, on his sub thread. I'll either challenge it or ignore it. I'd hate to be on a Arteta sub forum where only positive stuff is said about him though, it would defeat the point of being in a community like this in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom