<

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief Trusted

Think this is BS from Özil but if Wenger was still at the club no way Gunnersaurus would be made redundant

kash2 and krackpot like this.
  2. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

The cynic in me thinks if he really cared and wasn't all about the publicity he would have just paid the wages and kept quiet about it.

Paddy from Sweden and SK Lation like this.
  3. Moah

Moah Well-Known Member

He was being blamed for taking home 350K while our mascot was fired and now that he decides to pay his wages, its PR stunt. Some people just can't find any consistency in what they want. :facepalm:

There will be nothing he gains for paying for him so no need to trash him, people should learn to give credit where it is due.

kash2 likes this.
  4. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

Wenger was a man of integrity who looked after people. Now we are club run by Kia and his kind.

kash2 likes this.
  5. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

The thing is I'm not against him playing for us & have never questioned his ability but the pr stuff he does is just nauseating at times.
    This is such a self serving move & the casual social media knobs will eat it up as always

Paddy from Sweden, Macho and Oxeki like this.
  6. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

he is an asshole.

7. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Harsh on Gunnersaurus. Young fans seem to like him.

Trilly, ItWasMeBarry, kash2 and 9 others like this.
  8. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

Ozils problem started when he questioned the pay cut by the club. They tricked the players about having pay cut to protect peoples job. As soon as they agreed they still made the people redundant. And offcourse the club now backed to corner has to say gunnersaurus will be back when fans are back. If that was the case from the start this news would not be out. Ozils move basically saved this mans job

kash2 likes this.
  9. vantoure

vantoure Well-Known Member

what do people really want? For gunnersaurus to remain jobless without pay? :facepalm:

kash2 and razörist like this.
  10. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

Tbf he's well within his rights to stay put, but this PR stunt was just another attempt at getting more fans on his side.

11. balthazar

balthazar Well-Known Member

could be that Arteta issued an ultimatum, i.e. No pay cut = no game time, and it backfired and now they are stuck.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    kash2 likes this.
  12. Keplaz

Keplaz Well-Known Member

I can't agree with this. The gesture is good but the method not so much. And the intent. Why couldn't he have done this quietly?

Why not speak to the club and do it behind the scenes? Because "Özil saves Gunnersaurus" looks better for Özil.

It makes Arsenal look bad and Özil look good. It gets people saying look how amazing Özil is. It makes me sick.

Paddy from Sweden and say yes like this.
  13. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Özil being nice again. Nice guy.

Trilly, kash2, razörist and 3 others like this.
  14. grange

grange Well-Known Member

Özil taking the piss out of Arsenal is something the owners and board deserve, tbh. Good on him for doing something positive while also self serving his own image. AM in tatters. :lol::lol::lol:

Fewtch, kash2, razörist and 2 others like this.
  15. vantoure

vantoure Well-Known Member

Özil trending on twitter, I see. Top man

Trilly and kash2 like this.
  16. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

The fücker even started a #justiceforgunnersaurus hashtag on Twitter

:lol:

17. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

Those peoples financial well being dont matter once we dont need them. All that matters is the pr the club has built for years being classy. Özil is threatening that and we cant have that. Our manager cant give us a simple reason why a player the club pays 350k a week who played every game for him until covid came cant get another minute for the club. Where is the respect for us?

kash2 and vantoure like this.
  18. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

Özil can‘t win with some people no matter what he does. All year the same people complain about his wages, and the same people complain when he does something nice with it. :rolleyes:

kash2, vantoure and krackpot like this.
  19. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief Trusted

If he was just being nice he'd have sent him the money in private. It's a nice gesture with attached jabs at Arsenal

Wonder what our lawyers think.

say yes and Ashybashy86 like this.
  20. Keplaz

Keplaz Well-Known Member

Type Özil into Google and see the news headlines. And yet people believe he's just being nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.