• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I really do think he loves Arsenal but he really really needs to step up if he going to get back into the team. Unfortunately I don't see it happening at this time but football is weird and things can change so quickly so we just need to wait and see. Also, he is still our player and he is being paid to be here so who knows...

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

tenor.gif

...this is 20/20 for vision on Football Manager from my boy here, ngl!
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/mesut-ozils-ultimate-xi-includes-6031501

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Outlasted Emery, Raul and Freddie now.

We start from a clean slate, with his pass partner in midfield as manager. Lets go!!

musoke

TBF Özil did call out Muslim leaders in the original insta post. And we all know the reason countries like Indonesia, Pakistan and the others arent speaking out is $$$.

But like you say, there is a long line of people and institutions in the queue ahead of Arsenal FC who are closer to this issue and should be publicly backing Özil, speaking out, and taking the flak on social media and in the press ahead of Arsenal.
Özil should have asked for more backing from Erdogan. He is a very powerful Muslim president.
And money is the problem. China has us all by the balls because we decided to move all our manufacturing there for cheap labour. Sports clubs are getting massive sponsorship deals from Chinese companies. China spends massively on buying EPL game deals.

So everyone seems to be held by the balls by China right now. You look at how much you will be losing and that make you turn a blind eye.

Money is a massive thing. Özil himself has refused to leave Arsenal because he looks at £350,000 a week and says to himself. Fck it. I am not going anywhere. I will ride it out for now while playing mental gymnastics, PR proganda etc..

Clubs and countries are in the same boat when ot come to China. You rock the boat and you will lose oit on the ££££ $$$$’s. Everyone is thinking about their own pockets. As Özil himself is doing with riding it out on that massive £350,000 a month even if the club has made it crystal clear for more than 2 years that they want him gone.

Money makes us all lose that sense of shame and morality.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Özil should have asked for more backing from Erdogan. He is a very powerful Muslim president.
And money is the problem. China has us all by the balls because we decided to move all our manufacturing there for cheap labour. Sports clubs are getting massive sponsorship deals from Chinese companies. China spends massively on buying EPL game deals.

So everyone seems to be held by the balls by China right now. You look at how much you will be losing and that make you turn a blind eye.

Money is a massive thing. Özil himself has refused to leave Arsenal because he looks at £350,000 a week and says to himself. Fck it. I am not going anywhere. I will ride it out for now while playing mental gymnastics, PR proganda etc..

Clubs and countries are in the same boat when ot come to China. You rock the boat and you will lose oit on the ££££ $$$$’s. Everyone is thinking about their own pockets. As Özil himself is doing with riding it out on that massive £350,000 a month even if the club has made it crystal clear for more than 2 years that they want him gone.

Money makes us all lose that sense of shame and morality.
Equating the CCP pulling a genocide to Özil respecting a contract that was agreed by both sides. :confused:

Get a hold of yourself dude, Özil himself has lost money because of that stunt but he knew that would happen and he still did it. Clearly not for everyone it‘s all about money.

It was a shameful day for the club and it’s supporters when it bowed down to a terrorist state.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Equating the CCP pulling a genocide to Özil respecting a contract that was agreed by both sides. :confused:

Get a hold of yourself dude, Özil himself has lost money because of that stunt but he knew that would happen and he still did it. Clearly not for everyone it‘s all about money.

It was a shameful day for the club and it’s supporters when it bowed down to a terrorist state.
When it comes to Özil there is no limit to how low people will go.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

:lol: Arsenal get a significant sponsorship from china like any other club. What if arsenal spoke out and suffered a massive financial hit on sponsorship? Would Özil had taken pay cut :lol:

Why is it right to shame arsenal for not coming out to support Özil's statement?

Did any Muslim come to Özil's aid? Did any other club condemn China's action?

You claiming that China is a terrorist state. Is Özil's pal Erdogan not also a terrorist by that logic? Why is Özil silent on Erdogan's action. We even had a fan here last week defending Erdogan's action ffs.

How much did Özil lose due to speaking out against China. I'm genuinely interested to know? Apart from him being removed from PES, what other hit did he take?

Why are you criticizing Arsenal for not speaking out on a Muslim issue when majority of Muslims are quiet on said issue?

I don't even care if he stays or go anymore. But you going out of your way to paint the club bad just to make the club look good is the ultimate acolyteship imo

Last edited:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
:lol: Arsenal get a significant sponsorship from china like any other club. What if arsenal spoke out and suffered a massive financial hit on sponsorship? Would Özil had taken pay cut :lol:

Why is it right to shame arsenal for not coming out to support Özil's statement?

Did any Muslim come to Özil's aid? Did any other club condemn China's action?

You claiming that China is a terrorist state. Is Özil's pal Erdogan not also a terrorist by that logic? Why is Özil silent on Erdogan's action. We even had a fan here last week defending Erdogan's action ffs.

How much did Özil lose due to speaking out against China. I'm genuinely interested to know? Apart from him being removed from PES, what other hit did he take?

Criticizing for not speaking out on a Muslim issue when majority of Muslims are quiet on said issue?

I don't even care if he stays or go anymore. But you going out of your way to paint the club bad just to make the club look good is the ultimate acolyteship imo
So what if they lose Chinese sponsorships, it‘s about making a point. The Houston Rockets in the NBA took a way bigger hit than Arsenal would when their general manager spoke out against the CCP because of their massive fanbase in China. But they stood by him, because it was the right thing to do and it didn‘t end them.

I‘m not excusing any other club or country, it‘s just that I‘m an Arsenal fan and it shamed me when Arsenal went out of their way to bow down to the CCP. LeBron James gets the same criticism because he too tried to defend the money their sport gets from China, so why shouldn‘t Arsenal and Kroenke? I‘ll not give them a pass just because I‘m a supporter.

As for this being a „Muslim issue“, it‘s not. It‘s a human rights issue, which should concern everyone. Just like we care about the BLM movement, we should‘ve stood up for these poor people, at which point other clubs would be pressured to join in or be shamed like we now are.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Every single county and institution on the face of planet earth is scared to criticise China. Why should Arsenal lead the way in human rights campaigning and take the financial hit when Indonesia and Pakistan are not interested?

The entire planet is simultaneously behind the BLM movement so it was actually kind of mandatory for all Premiership clubs to show support, what is so difficult to understand about that?

Mandatory support vs singular global lead in a human rights campaign. It’s somewhat naive to equate the two issues.

Dj_sds -

So what if they lose Chinese sponsorships, it‘s about making a point. The Houston Rockets in the NBA took a way bigger hit than Arsenal would when their general manager spoke out against the CCP because of their massive fanbase in China. But they stood by him, because it was the right thing to do and it didn‘t end them.

I‘m not excusing any other club or country, it‘s just that I‘m an Arsenal fan and it shamed me when Arsenal went out of their way to bow down to the CCP. LeBron James gets the same criticism because he too tried to defend the money their sport gets from China, so why shouldn‘t Arsenal and Kroenke? I‘ll not give them a pass just because I‘m a supporter.

As for this being a „Muslim issue“, it‘s not. It‘s a human rights issue, which should concern everyone. Just like we care about the BLM movement, we should‘ve stood up for these poor people, at which point other clubs would be pressured to join in or be shamed like we now are.

Why would they stand by him when they want him to leave? Risk taking a financial hit for a player who is already a financial burden makes no sense at all.

Last edited:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Why would they stand by him when they want himthim leave? Risk taking a financial hit for a player who is already a financial burden makes no sense at all.
Because it‘s not an Özil issue? They shouldn‘t do it to please some player but to show some goddamn spine, my goodness.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Very profound.

World issues aside, Özil is kinda sh*t at the moment so that’s why he’s not playing and we’re signing 32 year old Brazilians and that. You know, incase people were wondering.

Not sure what BLM or China and that has to do with his lack of minutes.

I’ll tell you exactly bro. Özil equated the two issues in his interview as part of reinforcing his overall victim agenda/strategy. Now people are repeating it parrot fashion without doing their own research into the context, nuances and outright differences between the two scenarios.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Because it‘s not an Özil issue? They shouldn‘t do it to please some player but to show some goddamn spine, my goodness.

It’s not an Özil issue. But it’s not an Arsenal issue either. It only became an Arsenal issue when Özil made his post.

Your anger should be directed at the worlds attitude in general, not just Arsenal FC.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Every single county and institution on the face of planet earth is scared to criticise China. Why should Arsenal lead the way in human rights campaigning and take the financial hit when Indonesia and Pakistan are not interested?

The entire planet is simultaneously behind the BLM movement so it was actually kind of mandatory for all Premiership clubs to show support, what is so difficult to understand about that?

Mandatory support vs singular global lead in a human rights campaign. It’s somewhat naive to equate the two issues.
Not true, the Houston Rockets stood up to the CCP and it wasn‘t the end for them. They had much more to lose than Arsenal too.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
It’s not an Özil issue. But it’s not an Arsenal issue either. It only became an Arsenal issue when Özil made his post.

Your anger should be directed at the worlds attitude in general, not just Arsenal FC.
It‘s an Arsenal forum and I‘m an Arsenal fan, that‘s why you see me criticizing Arsenal here. It‘s just so strange to see people defend the clubs action in this case.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

It‘s an Arsenal forum and I‘m an Arsenal fan, that‘s why you see me criticizing Arsenal here. It‘s just so strange to see people defend the clubs action in this case.

Fair enough mate. Personally, Im not defending anything. I’m simply asking - why should we take the lead?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
C’mon bro, Daryl Morley and the NBA backpedalled away from that tweet faster than Usain Bolt. :lol::lol:
NBA/LeBron sure, they are just as cowardly/greedy. But Daryl Morey and Houston Rockets? Nah.

The tweet was seven words. There was nothing wrong with the tweet. That’s why one hour later I told ESPN when I was asked ‘Are you going to get rid of Daryl Morey,’ I was like, ‘Are you crazy? Why would I get rid of Daryl for that tweet?’

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Fair enough mate. Personally, Im not defending anything. I’m simply asking - why should we take the lead?
I get you, you are not defending the clubs actions at least like a few others. As for why it should be Arsenal first, I don‘t know. If it was someone else, I‘d support it but Arsenal had the chance to start something that would make me so proud and they blew it away. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom