<

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by razörist, Aug 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtetaOut

ArtetaOut Well-Known Member

**** all the Özil haters and Arteta shills in this thread. Not Özil's fault that Arteta won't start him. This is just a nice gesture from him and you idiots are flaming him ffs? I don't see the others helping the mascot

2. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

3. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

[​IMG]

...you call yourself an Arsenal fan, yet you crop out the legend that is Carl Jenkinson out of this pic...disappointed!

4. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

the club is moving on the right direction, instead of celebrating that he says bye to the other player that has problems with our manager and then this.
    Really a very dick move.
    just **** off.

5. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

I mean I can't be bothered to get into the rights and wrongs of this but something that jumps out is how many likes he got on that post. 270,000 likes. That's 100,000 more likes than the Arsenal account got for the Partey announcement. Like you can love him or hate him or just wish the whole saga would go away, but you can't forget just how much clout this guy has.

Furious likes this.
  6. FreakySami

FreakySami Well-Known Member

I think Özil isn't lazy on the pitch as shown in his statistics. Please don't ask me to go and find it for you because I know it would be useless. Most people on this forum and the internet in general double down on their opinion and don't want to go over the subtleties of issues. It really would be a waste to argue whether you believe he is lazy or not. I sometimes wish there was a way to have a bit of nuance and a decent conversation over the internet but unfortunately, people go more and more in their corner and defend it with their lives.

I think what he just offered is a dig at arsenal who told players that they needed to take a paycut and still let 55 people go without much explanation and tried to use the head coach at the time to convince them and reason with the player. He has done a lot for arsenal PR wise in many of his charities but I can see that this one was calculated and potentially ill intent. I hope for the employee that it allows him to keep having a living while fans are still not allowed to be in stadium. I think that's what is more important here.

Do I think Özil would be useful right now for the team while we wait to get somebody else in? Honestly, he would do wonders for this team since Partey came to the team. He would have that freedom that he had a few years back when he had coquelin and cazorla behind him and a great trio in front of him that can bury his chances and are clinical.

I think it's a missed opportunity from both sides and I hope he plays. He would really contribute to the creativity of the team. We have lacked a lot of creativity and have produced less chances since he stopped playing for the team. I think we are more clinical now and we would bury the chances he would help the team create.

Mickey Rooney and Divided_Pie like this.
  7. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

8. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

9. ArtetaOut

ArtetaOut Well-Known Member

Exactly. Too many Kroenke corporate shills here. Poor mascot got laid off and they said nothing. Then when Özil reaches out to help the poor mascot out and he get flamed for that(wtf?). Just ridiculous and shameless from those haters.

10. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

There’s a bloody civil war on twitter , it unreal

11. musoke

musoke Well-Known Member

That’s not Özil.
    It’s all about “See me, see me”.
    How come that whenever he gives to charity he has to plaster it all over his social media? It comes off as just disingenuous and hollow.

They asked him to his teammates to take a pay cut and as always like a drama queen he is, he had to make it all about him.

I swear I have never seen such a divisive player at Arsenal in my decades supporting this club. Very sneaky, entitled, all about him, Me me me...”

Can’t wait for this guy to vacate our club. What a waste of money bringing him to Arsenal.
    Should have clocked why Madrid wanted him out.

Seriously, what a circus he is.
    :facepalm:

Gooner1988TK, Keplaz, Sungod and 2 others like this.
  12. Manberg

Manberg Predator

If he had a strong mentality he’d want to push for a move in order to play football. Footballers are desperate to play football. Saying he wants to stay despite knowing full well that he’s not going to play smacks of a guy who doesn’t care. His reputation is suffering for it, it’s not a good look for him.

13. Blood on the Tracks

Blood on the Tracks Well-Known Member

Don't care how many ' Likes' he gets on social media for this. Maybe he should try his hand at being a social media influencer.

He's got a great PR team, he was a Galactico at Madrid, German WC winner of Turkish origins , plays for one of the biggest names in English football and he's one of the more high profile Muslim footballers. It's no surprise he's popular on social media.

I was probably the biggest Özil fanboy when he arrived and up to the last 2 years or so, but honestly, I can't wait to see the back of him now.

14. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Özil has a lion tattoo on his arm....the irony.

15. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

Only Mesut can piss people off so much when doing something so nice :rofl:

El Granit-Coq likes this.
  16. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Feel better about this knowing Jerry isn't a dick at least

17. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Club deserves to be embarrassed laying off all these staff in the middle of a pandemic. Honestly shameful given the owner has essentially unlimited money

El Granit-Coq, celestis and krackpot like this.
  18. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

He's a douchebag of the highest order.

19. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

This Özil vs Board saga is getting boring now. Another 9 months and the nightmare gets over.

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  20. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Alot of Ozils followers are not even Arsenal fans ffs. I couldn't give a toss about the bloke tbh, if he wants to play then come on.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.