• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
There's an old Arsène Wenger quote that reminds me of Özil every time I read it

''The revelation of a players character is not in his social life but in how he plays. In my social life I can hide my personality''

When we've been on the ropes in big games, needing a leader, when has Özil ever put his hand up and said ''I'm going to take this game by the scruff of the neck and get us back into it, because I'm a world class player'' I'm not talking about sprinting around the pitch and diving into tackles either, I don't expect that from him. Hasn't happened, when the going gets tough he's always been the first to vanish, which is even more infuriating given how gifted a footballer he is.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Interesting point but I wonder if that is legal. It's different not registering a player who is out for the season but paying someone with no association with the club sounds dodgy. This season is compressed so only 8 months max to go. If we play well and win enough times, nobody will be talking about him. Removing his club Twitter page would be easier tbh.

I'd imagine its not much different than what clubs pay managers post sacking, its not all upfront I believe and spread over time.

Not so sure, come January Özil talks of leaving will start again and speculation where he goes, not that anyone really cares as we know hes leaving anyway just think it will still give the same people the chance to say 'if hes good enough for (insert team) he should be playing at Arsenal' or 'we could have done with Özil but hes at home' etc..

Personally I dont even dislike the guy, just bored of the club/Özil being a thing.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
You're the one who's quite confused.
Robbie from AFTV who knows him well has confirmed he's coming when fans return.
But don't let anything get in the way of your agenda.
Carry on!

The link you provided me says the mascot will return. Doesn't say the guy manning the mascot will. Then you pivot onto saying that Robbie from AFTV says the guy will return. Robbie who has made his money from providing outlets to ranting racists and other dredges of society who don't even buy tickets to the games is now a believable source?

You're having a mare today.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
If he had a strong mentality he’d want to push for a move in order to play football. Footballers are desperate to play football. Saying he wants to stay despite knowing full well that he’s not going to play smacks of a guy who doesn’t care. His reputation is suffering for it, it’s not a good look for him.
For a change, I am with you on this one. As much as I hate Xhaka, I know that if he is pushed to bench for some reason, he will definitely move to a club where he can play football. Lord Mesut doesn't care about football. Just get the money, make posts on Twitter and have fun.

blaze_of_glory

The link you provided me says the mascot will return. Doesn't say the guy manning the mascot will. Then you pivot onto saying that Robbie from AFTV says the guy will return. Robbie who has made his money from providing outlets to ranting racists and other dredges of society who don't even buy tickets to the games is now a believable source?

You're having a mare today.
Club will pivot to having Gunnersaurus be a new person every match. Kids who enter a draw and aren't paid.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Özil doesn’t owe anything to anyone, anyway. Wasn’t he thrown out to the sharks by the club when his name was revealed as one of the three who refused the pay cut?

This is clearly a PR move, of course, but in this social media culture, what isn’t? People take pictures of themselves giving money and food to the homeless, what’s that?

Özil also, is in a war of some sort with the club. It is what it is, I don’t think you can praise but I also don’t see why the abuse and hate towards him, given the situation.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Must do if he’s paying his wages. :lol:

Thing is he also said he's paying his wages so he can continue to be Gunnersaurus. But paying money to Quy doesn't mean he continues as Gunnersaurus, the club have to authorise that. So Özil can make private payments to Quy if he wants to, but why would Arsenal allow that? They wouldn't. And Özil probably knows they wouldn't, and he probably knows Quy wouldn't accept philanthropy from Özil however good the intentions are. So it is just PR really, I doubt he's actually gonna pay the wages.

But even if it's pretty cynical from Özil, the club deserve all the pelters they get. Massive own goal from them.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How have we descended to this? The team is full of players we can't even give away, 8 CBs ffs, arguments with players, the highest salaried player frozen out, now in an grubby PR battle with the club, dozens of scouts sacked, long standing mascot employee sacked, dodgy transfers through one agent whose a mate of the director of football, director of football sacked.

Where's the honest and loyal family values we used to have at this club?

GunnerShy

I said the club knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing the other day in a fit of anger as it appeared the Aouar deal would collapse and the Partey deal remained a mystery.

This is another example. From an optics perspective, I don't think it was worth the publicity in sacking our mascot. Whether Gunnersaurus was on 20k. 70k or 170k.

Özil much more attune here to the "value" rather than the cost.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's a douchebag of the highest order.
Typical Northie. I liken him to Alexis. focused on winning and gives a fcuk about anything else.

Alot of Ozils followers are not even Arsenal fans ffs. I couldn't give a toss about the bloke tbh, if he wants to play then come on.
Why do you care so much about this? A lot of people started following football because of TH14.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Typical Northie. I liken him to Alexis. focused on winning and gives a fcuk about anything else.

Why do you care so much about this? A lot of people started following football because of TH14.
Care much about what? Henry was world class for years, when was Özil world class? Has the game moved on from an Özil type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom