• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Where's the honest and loyal family values we used to have at this club?

I assume we are just trying to jump on the Netflix/Amazon band wagon making sure Arsenal get the next documentary.

The last few years have been great to be fair...

1. Club's most famous ever manager losing his job.
2. An internal power battle, that included our director, Don Raul himself stealing money from the club.
3. The club's current highest profile player in a bitter (and pathetic) social media war with the club itself.
4. Everyone getting sacked (Covid drama too) including the beloved club mascot, who wasn't really but who cares!
4. Add that to all the ups and down of the last few years in terms of results/unrest, general madness of AFTV and Arteta coming in and saving the day.

TV gold my friend...TV gold.

Last edited:

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Some on here say he has a beef with the club, so who does he have the beef with? No emery and no Raul?!

vantoure

He could work hard and get back into the team. Mourinho has called him out as has Emery and Arteta. He does the bare minimum as expected of a footballer. And that's absolutely fine. That's his choice his decision and if that makes him happy that's grand. If he wants to sit on his contract and not even try to play that's his right, but then see Bale moving to Sp**s. I'm sure he isn't on less money but he is still playing.

I have my opinion. Its backed up by on field displays for many years both for us and Germany. Lazy, half hearted, disinterested amongst others. And that's what we are seeing now. He isn't bothered if he plays or not. And that's fine if he is happy, great. Im happy for him. But he could have done so much more and its a damn shame his talent has been wasted for the last few years. And I hope he doesn't look back with regret wondering why he didn't push himself to do the maximum when he had the chance. His money will last a life time his career as a top level footballer is nearly over. And he doesn't give a **** when he should be trying to extract and savor every last drop. That's what separates the Ronaldo and Messis of the world from pretenders. It's what separates the Milners from this world from wannabes with talent and no drive. Alexis could have stayed on the bench at United earning a ton instead he is off at Inter trying to win things.
Well, there's no evidence that hardwork is the reason for his omission. In fact before the 2nd match of the season, arteta indicated otherwise i.e. he's doing training well.

I find it curious that you question the attitude of a player that has being a key part of a world cup winning team, has won the la liga as a mainstay in the Madrid team and helped arsenal win it's 1st trophy in years. That just doesn't happen at this level where the difference is marginal.

On managers, there are several comments of Mourinho being complementary of him. Here's one https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/03/...est-xi-of-players-he-has-ever-worked-wit/?amp

Emery is well known to have issues managing big names but even on his most critical match of the season - the europa final, who did he turn to?

Lowe is known to be a big fan and iirc started his regret at Özil quitting the German team.

His fellow players everywhere have equally being full of praise for his influence.

Where have all these criticism of his attitude come from - he lacks the old english pashun

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I assume we are just trying to jump on the Netflix/Amazon band wagon making sure Arsenal get the next documentary.

The last few years have been great to be fair...

1. Club's most famous ever manager losing his job.
2. An internal power battle, that included our director, Don Raul himself stealing money from the club.
3. The club's current highest profile player in a bitter (and pathetic) social media war with the club itself.
4. Everyone getting sacked (Covid drama too) including the beloved club mascot, who wasn't really but who cares!
4. Add that to all the ups and down of the last few years in terms of results/unrest, general madness of AFTV and Arteta coming in and saving the day.

TV gold my friend, tv gold.
Never ever my club! Sp**s are the soap opera. Never us. In fact I don’t even know what they were trying to achieve by letting the cameras in tbh. Another bottom of the barrel move to go with releasing failure DVD’s. Extraordinary club. Truly baffling.

As an Özil fan, I don’t like this. I was hoping to see him being brought back into the fold this season with Partey’s arrival, but this pretty much burns any bridges that were left between himself and the club.

Very sad to see.

Riou

Another bottom of the barrel move to go with releasing DVD’s

Never ever my club!

51KNWJ5REML._AC_SY445_.jpg

dd0.jpg

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I mean I can't be bothered to get into the rights and wrongs of this but something that jumps out is how many likes he got on that post. 270,000 likes. That's 100,000 more likes than the Arsenal account got for the Partey announcement. Like you can love him or hate him or just wish the whole saga would go away, but you can't forget just how much clout this guy has.

These numbers don't tell anything really, other than opposition fans love it and it is harmful for Arsenal.

Of course opposition fans don't like us signing Partey. But they will like this kind of bad publicity in a big herd.

Really tells how much Özil cares about Arsenal, which is almost not at all anymore, just like I don't care much about him anymore. Was one of my favourite players but ended up being a lazy PR guy.

Funny thing here is people praising his PR stuff. The guy who invited Erdogan into his wedding as a best man and ended up being left out of national team. Great PR hey, I gotta say.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Today I gave it the biggun to young Aston Villa fan who regularly gives me sh*t. Piping up about the Pool score line.

I told him big clubs don’t make DVDs of one off victories outside of finals or a successful cup run. I forgot we did this.

Riou

Today I gave it the biggun to young Aston Villa fan who regularly gives me sh*t. Piping up about the Pool score line.

I told him big clubs don’t make DVDs of one off victories outside of finals or a successful cup run. I forgot we did this.

One of my fav dvds when I was younger, can't lie :lol:

Titi's "Who's the ****ing daddy" celebration after his second goal...GOAT :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom