• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamrock

I want to see him and Sanchez both playing at the top of their game together.
I think we already know that Sanchez is not the Ideal player for Özil. Sanchez is a creator and an individual goal scorer, Özil is a creator. Sanchez hardly makes any runs in behind, he likes to dribble and shoot from outside the box..

Theo should be getting fitter and sharper now, he is the one that runs in behind, and Ramsey too..

Aevi

Hale End FC
What is there to talk about when it comes to Özil?

He's just brilliant. These days we're just repeating that over and over because there is nothing else to say.

Last edited:

Song Billong

I love everything he does, always have, always will.#Justincase
Now for the serious stuff : he's more and more developping into a Zidane-like playmaker, watching him recently really reminds me of how Zidane used to play for France.

I agree, he's the only player that has the same class and has the elegance of Zizou.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli

How many hotdogstands have this guy assisted? Been sending people to the stands for years.

Stoneh

Players like Mesut Zidane Pirlo Xavi play well into 30s if they want to. They dont rely on physical aspects as much, the ability to pick a pass, find space and readcthe game are theyre assets. I can see Mesut dropping back a bit when older and spraying the ball around.

The best thing is.. hes improving (physically)and adapting very well. Maybe can reach Zizou level in a few years

Top Gun

so german "kicker" magazine gave away their half-yearly verdict on the german players playing in foreign countries. mesut missed "world class" again, as a reason they list the weak start to the season against west ham as well as the cl defeats against dinamo & olympiakos. (remember we played shorthanded like 50 minutes against zagreb?). he's ranked best of the foreign playing players though.

on the other hand for german players playing in germany, thomas muller is rated wordclass. no word about the defeat at the emirates :lol:.

muller got 18 scorer points out of 17 games, mesut's got 19 out of 19. when mesut had 17 games he had 18 scorer points as well, didn't he?

fun fact: they gave kevin de bruyne "world-class" last year at wolfsburg :lol:.

imho they have a problem with mesut, they almost always rate him lower than statistic-sites like whoscored or squawka.

i'll try to get the whole article tomorrow...

The comments under the rating, and its insane explanation why he is not world class (bad appearences against West Ham and Zagrab as a reason, lol) for the "kicker", say all that this rating is a real joke. Some comments say, if the best player of the leader of the Premier League isn't world class, than whole England hasn't got a single world class player.

It's clear that this rating has got two subjective reasons. The first is that Mesut is anyway the scapegoat of the German football (he doesn't uses to sing the national hymn), the second is that the Bundesliga is jealous of the Premier League because of its money.

Anyway "kicker" noticed the critics and started a poll now:

http://www.kicker.de/home/umfrage/votingguid/776a2c20-ad74-4f1a-a0e0-0cf94c802450

Actually 60% voted him world class. Please vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom