<

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by blaze_of_glory, Jan 6, 2016.

?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

32.1%
  3. Don't know/don't care

10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Lol, do you really think Ned Stark would do that?

Never, he's an honourable man, and has never said anything bad about any player.

salvat, Gooner416, Sweggeh and 8 others like this.
  2. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

See what you can dig up. Just don't look into any Walcott thread prior to 2011. Thx.

salvat, Rain Dance, Gooner416 and 7 others like this.
  3. franicks

franicks New Member

I read this nonsense quite often here and as a german and mainly german football developement fan I strongly object. Özil was voted 2 times in a row (2-3years ago) by ppl da national team player of the year. Why? Because he ran da team offensively. Did we blame Özil back then for thia nonsense u wrote? No, because he was da best player. For 2years Özil was quite bad though in perception of german fans. He didnt seem to work good in da PL and for da NT he played average. Only thing i concur with ppl here blaming germans to hate him or hate.Özil because da PL has so.much money, is, that we do see Özil quote critical last 2 years, since he player average really. Now u wanna make up ppl think u know da reason that is that Özil is of turkish descent, the media doesnt like him or what other nonsense i had to read here. No, the main reason was that Özil looked to be a pushover and a sissy last 2 years. Playing average and having a very bad body language. And when he didnt excit u with his skills, due to him.being in bad shape, the fact that he always lost da ball once an opponent used his body well and Özil looking for a foul (which he seldom got) made him loose hos standing in Germany laat years. Not without reason he wasnt da playmaker of da world cup winning german side. But thinga do change now since he seems more tough and more determinded to influence games. It just makes me sick to read ppl not having a clue blaming Özils current lack of standing in germany on racism, his looks or him.playing in da PL. Most football fans are glad that we dont have da money da Pl has to buy all da average foreigners that make it hard to form a team spirit and da lack of football idendity it leaves the PL with. We are scared that the Pl will ruin da BL though by buyin da best Bundealiga players though. But most germans dont envy the EPLs way of spending money in any way. i think many here dont take comments like this
    serious (i.mean ppl claiming we germans dislike Özil)
    , but I had to say my peace aa a long time german football fan..cheers

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  4. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

^ Quite da post.

SuperGoon, SomGooner, salvat and 6 others like this.
  5. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

I liked it, hopefully it is something positive about my sweet prince Özil!

6. Oh_Snap

Oh_Snap Well-Known Member

Well nice essay there. The ranking is about THIS season though. So u actually wrote all your bs for nothing.

And where did i write something about racism? I wrote they have a problem with Mesut. More like germans can't appreciate wizards. They love it when Schweinsteiger bleeds in the WC-Final and don't care he actually played utter **** that day. That was my statement. But nice try, bro.

(no kiss-emote here?)

7. ArsenesNO1Fan

ArsenesNO1Fan Well-Known Member

My mistake, bit of a slow burner

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  8. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

You didn't even read it!:lol:

SuperGoon, SomGooner, lufere7 and 5 others like this.
  9. The_Roadrunner

The_Roadrunner Burned Out

10. The_Roadrunner

The_Roadrunner Burned Out

11. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

I think I liked the 'pretty awesome' one more.

StoppageTime and Song Billong like this.
  12. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

Still can't get over Benayoun without a heart tbh. :drool:

Jury, say yes and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  13. fc honka

fc honka Active Member

I read all the comments in the Kicker and 10 out of 10 people were saying that Mesuts rating should be worldclass. Many were really disappointed in Kicker and almost all could not understand Mesuts rating.
    I disagree that Germans do not appreciate wizards. Özil was voted 2 years in a row player of the National team.
    What I did not understand in your post is the comment about Schweinsteiger. "played utter ****"? He was second best player on the field behind Boateng in that final.

Well anyway, nobody here should bother about some Kicker-bullshit. Özil has probably been the best "10" in the world since start of October. Lets just be happy about that :D

14. Jury

It was a fantastic description of what he was playing like. :drool:

A blind Cleverley also works. Cattermole with cataracts...

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Godwin1 likes this.
  15. Jury

I have no clue why anybody is ever bothered about what papers say. They might not realise it, but it actually effects their own judgement a lot of the time, if you too caught up in it.

16. Sweggeh

Sweggeh Well-Known Member

90% of football fans are casuals who actually believe the **** the papers say. So when the media is creating a false negative image of the player, it trickles through to the fans. Players are left having to prove people wrong.

For example, David Silva has been **** for most of this season but no one even mentions it because of the perception of greatness the media have set up for him, and the fans accept it and rarely question it. But if Özil had played like this, people would have been trashing him relentlessly.

It all starts with the media. If it wasn't for the media, people would have realised Rooney was **** 3 years before they did.

17. Rain Dance

Rain Dance Well-Known Member Trusted

TL : DR written intelligently. I like it

Trilly and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  18. Rain Dance

Actually Schweinsteiger played well that WC-Final. The amount of Kroos (the current Denilson's disguise) ass-kissing was amazingly high, though.

19. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

Agreed I mean look at this nonsense. (Copy and pasted as to not give these clowns at the Sun any extra traffic for this clear click bait article.)

So the Sun is big upping Willian's EPL player of the year credentials, by first showing how Özil kills him in ever statistical category, and then they go on and talk up what he's done in the CL...again to help his case for why he should be up there in the EPL player of the year race.

Joke article.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  20. Rain Dance

I think the guy that started Willian player of the season in RedCafe (link in football talk, credit to goonerdelhi) wrote that article.
    He sure enjoy getting bashed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.