• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The truth will be found in next 2 games if he on bench then there something outside the scene.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
The truth will be found in next 2 games if he on bench then there something outside the scene.
The truth is already out there.

I hope we can sell him but I doubt anyone is willing to take his 350k/week. And now thanks to Emery‘s brilliant man management skills we have a player in our ranks who we can‘t/won‘t use despite being on ridiculously high wages.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The truth is already out there.

I hope we can sell him but I doubt anyone is willing to take his 350k/week. And now thanks to Emery‘s brilliant man management skills we have a player in our ranks who we can‘t/won‘t use despite being on ridiculously high wages.
We know emery don't like players who have bad attitude or act like he bigger than anyone else i don't believe Özil is that type of player tho

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
We know emery don't like players who have bad attitude or act like he bigger than anyone else i don't believe Özil is that type of player tho
I think he is, especially after getting that huge contract. Then again, maybe his back flared up again. If not, and he cant beme trusted for such a big game, then maybe we should sell him.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

It's clearly not going to work out. I wonder if there's gonna be an arbitrator to this mess. Does Mislintat or Sanllehi step in and give either one of them an ultimatum?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's clearly not going to work out. I wonder if there's gonna be an arbitrator to this mess. Does Mislintat or Sanllehi step in and give either one of them an ultimatum?

I doubt we are there that anyone at the board gives the manager an ultimatum as to team selection. If so, we better be prepared for managers to leave.

That is the prerogative of the manager to pick his team, and to take the consequences when the team does not deliver, but once a Director of Football starts to meddle with team selection....it tends to be over quite quickly.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I doubt we are there that anyone at the board gives the manager an ultimatum as to team selection. If so, we better be prepared for managers to leave.

That is the prerogative of the manager to pick his team, and to take the consequences when the team does not deliver, but once a Director of Football starts to meddle with team selection....it tends to be over quite quickly.
Makes sense and in any other case that's definitely how it should be but Özil isn't just any other player. That's 350k per week you're alienating from the squad. Sanllehi and Mislintat simply can't just stand back and ignore the financial ramifications of that. I really don't know how they'll sort this out.

HBL

Established Member
Even if Emery wants to sell him in January, he should still play him. I'm not sure I it would have made a difference tonight though.

Emery has to put the team first over his issues with Özil, Mesut needs to play the next two prem games and we need to win both of them to wrestle back some momentum going into the Pool game.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Dont really buy the 'tactical' reasoning when Iwobi & Micky are starting.

Hope the situation is sorted by the summer one way or the other. Not really arsed either way.

Gotta love how nobody in this world could make as much mess out of everything when it comes to Arsenal like Gazidis did and people actually think he is some god. Jesus. :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not sure why people are using Özil's wages to criticise Emery, he wasn't here when Özil was given the contract. It's no fault of Emery's that a player he doesn't like earns ridiculous wages and is costing the club a lot of money. He shouldn't be forced to play a player because of that.

The contract has turned out to be such a disaster, he's literally performed once this season and maybe the couple of EL games at the back end of last season. Other than that he's done nothing since being given the contract, unless 600 wins in fortnite is something.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I remember watching an interview with Pep in his early Barca days. He praised ability but said that every one of his players had to be "prepared to run". I think Emery wants a more mobile and involved player. It's not enough to pick out passes no matter how good and Mesut is well down on that. You have to be like prime Cesc,Cazorla,Iniesta and David Silva. The type of player that demands the ball and moves all over the final third of the pitch and takes the game to the opponents over 90 minutes. Özil's style isn't for Emery imo but if his assists and goals were better,it might not matter. Özil is proud. Being treated poorly and not playing will see him seek a move in the summer but who knows where he'll go. He hasn't really worked out that well for us. First Giroud was too slow. Now we get the right strikers and he's dropped. I also wonder if Wenger was right when he said players lose some hunger when they quit internationals (early). Per took a two year sabbatical on full pay before a glorious cup final but we can't afford for Özil to do the same. We should retire the 10 until Bergkamp himself names his successor at this rate. This whole situation is miserable.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
"It was tactical. I thought the players today with us were the best for this match."

I don't see how he can come back from that type of comment tbh. Willock and Elneny were better options even on the bench than him?

Just like Alexis in our match against Liverpool Mesut won this round.

He may not be our best player, but he is our biggest asset. The club only looses by not playing him.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Sorry but I just can't buy these excuses for Özil anymore.

The reason why Özil isn't starting is simple, is a pus sy. Players have to be committed to graft and put a foot in.

Messi, Xavi, iniesta all in their pomp would close the ball down like their life depended on it. I mean Ramesy would be proud of their running.

Mesut is a luxury player, but unless youre a Cristian Ronaldo or Messi, you have to graft it's that simple.

Wither Özil steps up and gets with the program (like De bryune, sterling, augero, Silva, firmino, mane, Salah all have for their teams) or he should sod off to PSG, China or the MLS.

Honestly Im delighted with what Emery has done at the club, I mean hes even got iwobi, xhaka, bellerin and kola playing well. Özil needs to show some hunger or hesh really done at the highest level of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom