• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I think they respect him but I’m not sure if like is the word. Seeing as it’s practically his team I think they are all grateful to him and work hard for him. Every player in and around the first eleven has him to thank for it after all.

But considering Gabriel came out and said that everybody liked Auba and we saw how he was treated (along with others) I’m sure he’s more of an authoritarian than the father figure Wenger was.
Even if you hated Arteta's guts, if you're at the club in any capacity what are you realistically going to say? :lol:

Laca said it best:

“Arteta is the leader, the boss, even the boss of the club. Since he arrived, a lot of things have changed, including everyone’s mentality… It’s all about him.”

DasBootist

Yeah but those guys achieved stuff at their clubs to make themselves indispensable figureheads.

A don't think a good performance like getting top 4 is quite in the same bracket 😁

You can't force a figurehead or a totem for a club it has to happen organically.
Hey, man, Rome wasn't built in three seasons

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Based on where we are in the league this season it's hard to argue with him getting a new contract.

My issue is, a contract for a manager could be finalised and made public in 3-4 weeks time when the seasons over.

I don't like it. Arteta's new contract isn't the priority at this moment in time, nailing down 4th is. There shouldn't be distractions.

I'm sure this stuff is mainly done by agents and lawyers etc but you can't tell me this new contract wouldn't have been a distraction to Arteta to some degree, even if it's a small one.

I think it gives the players certainty over the future of the club. They now know Arteta is going to be the manager next season so they have to put a shift in for him. So maybe it helps our attempt at top 4

Fabregasm

I think they respect him but I’m not sure if like is the word. Seeing as it’s practically his team I think they are all grateful to him and work hard for him. Every player in and around the first eleven has him to thank for it after all.

But considering Gabriel came out and said that everybody liked Auba and we saw how he was treated (along with others) I’m sure he’s more of an authoritarian than the father figure Wenger was.

Quite clearly my way or the highway approach. Not kind of what I prefer too, much prefer any charismatic leader. But if he gets the fund to slot in only the player that will work hard for him and kick rest out then end of day the whole idealogy would work well I suppose.
Be it underwhelming or not.

DasBootist

No, but I'm sure Arteta would want to crowned Caesar after the third brick was laid 😂

badum-tish-gif.gif

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

My head hurts.
Both of these statements can be true.

Weve improved thats a good thing. In the context of where we were that is a good thing. Bravo well done.

On the other hand United who finished top 4 last season made a complete mess of it this season. The advantage gained with extra money and potential to recruit better level players (Ronaldo, Varane) solidifying their status, winning trophies and moving forward was wasted.

So yes its a good achievement obtaining it but in itself it isnt a success if nothing is done with the astronomical advantage it gives those that achieve it.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Hearing that Edu was informed that Guardiola might get the sack and promptly chose to announce this.

There seems to be a provision for loaning Mikel to Marseille in case this doesn't work out, so it should be fine.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I mean it's not hard to see why Arsenal finishing 4th this year is being welcomed more than in previous years. We're off the back of finishing 8th twice. It's progress ( from 2 underperforming seasons) and we don't know where it's going to end.

Being in a top 4 race endlessly becomes soul destroying for fans after a while, no matter how good the achievement is in context.
If the club treads water fans become agitated and want change sooner or later.

Arteta will be gone quicker than Arsène if he falls into that type of position too, and rightly so.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but those guys achieved stuff at their clubs to make themselves indispensable figureheads.

A don't think a good performance like getting top 4 is quite in the same bracket 😁

You can't force a figurehead or a totem for a club it has to happen organically.
And that’s why we have the worst fanbase in world football.

They want him to be Klopp/Pep/Wenger so badly. 😭

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Both of these statements can be true.

Weve improved thats a good thing. In the context of where we were that is a good thing. Bravo well done.

On the other hand United who finished top 4 last season made a complete mess of it this season. The advantage gained with extra money and potential to recruit better level players (Ronaldo, Varane) solidifying their status, winning trophies and moving forward was wasted.

So yes its a good achievement obtaining it but in itself it isnt a success if nothing is done with the astronomical advantage it gives those that achieve it.

Huge summer in all seriousness isn’t it?

Get the right players and we could start to climb up to face off with City and Pool.

If we waste the money we’d be one and done in the CL assuming we get over the line.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

And that’s why we have the worst fanbase in world football.

They want him to be Klopp/Pep/Wenger so badly. 😭
Not only did this role come too early for Mikel this time round for that to ever happen, but he inevitably gets a second stint 10-15 years from now given that he started managing so early 😞

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I mean it's not hard to see why Arsenal finishing 4th this year is being welcomed more than in previous years. We're off the back of finishing 8th twice. It's progress ( from 2 underperforming seasons) and we don't know where it's going to end.

Being in a top 4 race endlessly becomes soul destroying for fans after a while, no matter how good the achievement is in context.
If the club treads water fans become agitated and want change sooner or later.

Arteta will be gone quicker than Arsène if he falls into that type of position too, and rightly so.

I think what you would say is the team now is positioned to really kick on in the next few years, it's not like the Emery team where it was built on guys coming to the end of their career, it felt 18/19 was that teams last chance to get top 4.

Whether you agree with the reasoning behind it, Arteta and Edu have built the youngest team in the league that are 3 points behind the European champions with a few games to go. It's also quite obvious to see that with the addition of a quality striker (that can function in an Arteta team) and a top class CM, there's a good chance we go up another level.

CL is so vital for Arteta and his "project", think it would give it credibility in the eyes of some disgruntled fans and more importantly players around Europe.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Needs to start pushing towards the 80 point mark next season. I imagine we finish on 70 or just under this season. Next season needs to be 75+. I can’t ever see us finishing getting close to 90 and competing with the top 2 unless some of our youngsters get to the level of Salah and Mane or we find a 30 goal per season striker.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom