• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
The squad is currently so crap overall but by 2022 the majority of those crap players wont be here, which is refreshing. By next summer we'll be saving around £30M on wages, the summer after that rises to a saving of £50M without including sales of players like Holding and Torreira which will inevitably happen.

Arteta, as long as he's the right man, which I think he is... should have his own set squad by 2022 along with every single bit of dross at this club being gone. In fact by next year the only dross left here is likely to be Kolasinac.

It might look bleak right now with the squad we have. But the only way is up and it will be a 2 year rebuild for Mikel.
Yes, in two years we'll be fine.

EachLargeApisdorsatalaboriosa.webp

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
The squad is currently so crap overall but by 2022 the majority of those crap players wont be here, which is refreshing. By next summer we'll be saving around £30M on wages, the summer after that rises to a saving of £50M without including sales of players like Holding and Torreira which will inevitably happen.

Arteta, as long as he's the right man, which I think he is... should have his own set squad by 2022 along with every single bit of dross at this club being gone. In fact by next year the only dross left here is likely to be Kolasinac.

It might look bleak right now with the squad we have. But the only way is up and it will be a 2 year rebuild for Mikel.

We just signed Mari and Soares for 4 years.:lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We just signed Mari and Soares for 4 years.:lol:

Mari has played 114 minutes of premier league football how you gonna call him deadwood already? :lol:

Opinions of Mari and Cedric are so weird. Cedric has just come in to purely be backup to whatever right back we have, which is fair as he's decent level for backup. Mari you can't say anything about yet as he hasn't played enough, but even if he's just backup then he's good backup.

You need these players as well as starters, both Mari and Cedric aren't even close to the wages of the actual deadwood we have. Reel it in fella.

@EinmalImmerEwig the manager has been here for 6 months, its going to take him at least 2 years to build a top squad. If you want it in 6 months then go support another team.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
City signing one of the hottest prospects in Spain from Valencia for 21m. Few add ons later on depending on performance.

Yet we signed one of the biggest bums for 35m.

And we wonder why clubs treat us like mugs when it comes to buying and selling players.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
@EinmalImmerEwig the manager has been here for 6 months, its going to take him at least 2 years to build a top squad. If you want it in 6 months then go support another team.
I've posted as well that it will take Arteta at least 4 transfer windows to get his team in, and get rid of the dross.
This ideal scenario is dependent on Arteta being able to bring his desired players to the Club, for the owner to give him the transfer money, and for the team then to gel perfectly.
In an Ideal World this will happen in 2 to 3 years.
We sell the dross, we buy excellent players ( with The Arsenal in their hearts ) and the whole squad gels perfectly, and we get another Gold PL trophy.

The flaw(s) in this cunning plan.
Well, let's see in 2 years what 'surprises' have suddenly manifested.
I'm guessing the best players won't want to come to us, as we haven't got Champions League. Then there would be the cost of buying the players, which won't be sanctioned by Kroenke, as the self-sustaining Model has to...well, self-sustain.

Other than that I'm looking forward to Season 2023/24, when, as Champions League Winners, we Honour Stan Kroenke with a 20m tall statue outside The Arsenal Stadium. ( so-called, because we bought emirates out of their deal ).

Happy Days!

P.S: Just in case it doesn't work, which new team would you recommend?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

:lol: We're still signing underwhelming players, probably as we speak. But I love your optimism.

Mari, Cedric, Luiz . . . .

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I see Pep tell beIN sports that it was actually him putting out cones in training at City not Arteta.

They noted that Arteta is looking for additional coaching staff this summer, think Pep might apply.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
:lol: We're still signing underwhelming players, probably as we speak. But I love your optimism.

Mari, Cedric, Luiz . . . .

You need "underwhelming" players in a squad as well as the top ones.

Look at Liverpools centre halves after VVD and Gomez. Underwhelming. Every top team has these players who are happy to be in and around the squad and every top team needs them.

I'd rather someone who gives 110% that isnt as good quality wise as backup than someone who has more quality but can't be arsed.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You need "underwhelming" players in a squad as well as the top ones.

Look at Liverpools centre halves after VVD and Gomez. Underwhelming. Every top team has these players who are happy to be in and around the squad and every top team needs them.

I'd rather someone who gives 110% that isnt as good quality wise as backup than someone who has more quality but can't be arsed.
What you talking about? Matip isn’t underwhelming, far from it. They are also linked to Kabak, regarded as one of the best young defenders around.

Arsenal on the other hand have collected trash for 2 years and it’s cost over 300M. We’ve spent record breaking amounts since Wenger left.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What you talking about? Matip isn’t underwhelming, far from it. They are also linked to Kabak, regarded as one of the best young defenders around.

Arsenal on the other hand have collected trash for 2 years and it’s cost over 300M. We’ve spent record breaking amounts since Wenger left.

Mari is a carbon copy of Matip by the looks of things.

We've signed 13 players in the past two years.

Leno - Our starting keeper for years to come
Tierney - Our starting left back for years to come
Pepe - Our starting RW for years to come
Ceballos - hopefully he stays with us excellent player
Saliba - supposedly one of the best CB talents in the world
Martinelli - Now one of the best youngsters in world football
Guendouzi - Supreme talent, bad attitude, looking to make at least 20m profit on him
Torreira - hes a good player, seems to be homesick and it just isn't working for him here. Doesn't mean its a bad signing and we should make profit on him
Mari - seems like he will be very good backup
Cedric - people complain but he was FREE, hes only backup right back, something we needed
Luiz - makes way too many mistakes
Sokratis - very poor signing
Lichsteiner - very poor signing

Out of 13 signings in two years we've stockpiled trash? Are you actually gonna sit here and say that lol.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Don't know where those quotes about Arteta have came from but if you listen to any podcast involving The Athletic writers or read any articles by them you'd actually think he's the greatest manager ever.
Don't get me wrong I really like him and desperately want him to succeed but if you didn't actually watch our matches you'd think we were higher up the table than we finished.
Again that isn't Mikel's fault but does feel a bit like propaganda.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We've signed two squad players, 4 first team players and two youngsters for the future. Guendouzi and Torreira will turn a big profit together and ultimately we have made 3 bad signings in the last two years.

You amaze me daily Graham

Guendouzi and Torreria will turn a big profit?

We paid around 30m for the 2 of them and be lucky to get 50m back. 20m isnt to be sniffed at. But it is not a huge profit by any stretch of the imagination.

It's pretty pathetic actually considering Leicester sign players for moderate money and sell them for 60/80m. If they choose to sell Ndidi (bought for 18m-ish) they would get at least 50m. Maddison was bought around similar and would go for 50-60m easily. That's big profit.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Mari is a carbon copy of Matip by the looks of things.

We've signed 13 players in the past two years.

Leno - Our starting keeper for years to come
Tierney - Our starting left back for years to come
Pepe - Our starting RW for years to come
Ceballos - hopefully he stays with us excellent player
Saliba - supposedly one of the best CB talents in the world
Martinelli - Now one of the best youngsters in world football
Guendouzi - Supreme talent, bad attitude, looking to make at least 20m profit on him
Torreira - hes a good player, seems to be homesick and it just isn't working for him here. Doesn't mean its a bad signing and we should make profit on him
Mari - seems like he will be very good backup
Cedric - people complain but he was FREE, hes only backup right back, something we needed
Luiz - makes way too many mistakes
Sokratis - very poor signing
Lichsteiner - very poor signing

Out of 13 signings in two years we've stockpiled trash? Are you actually gonna sit here and say that lol.
Let's see, Ceballos who is not good enough, no matter what you say. Guendouzi, who we have to get rid of because of his attitude, Torreira who has for whatever reason been a massive fail, Mari who has done nothing to justify that, Cedric who is actually garbage, Luiz who is ****, Sokratis who's been poor and Lich....

Saliba, can't judge till he's here. Leno, good, Tierney, good, Pepe, been good but underwhelming for that price, martinelli looks like he'll come good.

So basically 5 out of 13 are good

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Don't know where those quotes about Arteta have came from but if you listen to any podcast involving The Athletic writers or read any articles by them you'd actually think he's the greatest manager ever.
Don't get me wrong I really like him and desperately want him to succeed but if you didn't actually watch our matches you'd think we were higher up the table than we finished.
Again that isn't Mikel's fault but does feel a bit like propaganda.
Lol you’re not even lying, it’s a bit off key.

The Arteta article the athletic had just before the restart was ridiculous - I almost missed matches cause of it. Made me a bit angry. I support Arteta btw.

I don’t really like the abuse players catch on here from forum members but equally, pretending our situation is good is also not acceptable.
The Athletic are definitely guilty of putting an overly positive spin on things and I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the writers are unofficial mouthpieces for the club.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Yeah I listen to the Handbreak off podcast that The athletic do and it's interesting to here Amy and James' usual positive spin on things in comparison with Dixon who has a much more realistic view of things I feel.
As I said I'm not criticising Mikel at all because I really want it to work for him but I can't pretend he's Klopp or someone yet.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom