• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

El Realista

With any particular part or just everything? ;)
Mostly everything. But it's ok. I just accepting we will win nothing with Arteta. Next year will be the same with his rigid system, no rotations and bottling. I will resist until summer of next year to see if we can catch Xabi. If not, then I guess no trophies for us in long long term.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

All his records are boring
high quality GIF

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Mostly everything. But it's ok. I just accepting we will win nothing with Arteta. Next year will be the same with his rigid system, no rotations and bottling. I will resist until summer of next year to see if we can catch Xabi. If not, then I guess no trophies for us in long long term.

“Rigid system”

Some people simply do not deserve nice things.

We have scored 77 goals this season in the league alone. We’re 5 goals away from scoring 100 across all comps this season.

On top of this we have by far the best defensive record in the league. By the way we’re doing this with guys like yourself rightly suggesting “We DOnT hAvE a ProPAAA NmbER 9 M8”.

If we do actually win the title this year I’d be absolutely embarrassed looking back at some of the drivel I’d written if I was one of these numb nuts.

Lee gunner and co making bloody emergency meeting videos asking for Arteta to be sacked with 6 games to go? The state of this online fan base is wild, most of the people chatting bollocks would get chinned outside the emirates, but they wouldn’t give these opinions in public anyway.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
“Rigid system”

Some people simply do not deserve nice things.

We have scored 77 goals this season in the league alone. We’re 5 goals away from scoring 100 across all comps this season.

On top of this we have by far the best defensive record in the league. By the way we’re doing this with guys like yourself rightly suggesting “We DOnT hAvE a ProPAAA NmbER 9 M8”.

If we do actually win the title this year I’d be absolutely embarrassed looking back at some of the drivel I’d written if I was one of these numb nuts.

Lee gunner and co making bloody emergency meeting videos asking for Arteta to be sacked with 6 games to go? The state of this online fan base is wild, most of the people chatting bollocks would get chinned outside the emirates, but they wouldn’t give these opinions in public anyway.
If we do have the most goals scored and least goals conceded in the league and dont win it, it will be the first time since Tottenham managed it under Poch.
I think we are the best defensive side but i think our most goals scored doesnt necessarily correlate with having the best attack in the league (at least across an entire season). We went through a period where we caught fire and were scoring 5-6 goals every game, we caught up there. Furthermore our xG is 6th, so we are not creating the most attacking chances. To be an elite attacking side, we need to be able to consistently create a lot of chances snd execute efficiently.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think we all accept that this Arsenal side is very good, the goals scored and conceded bare that out. By most metrics we're the best side in the PL.

Where I think all that falls down is the ability to thrive under pressure at the business end of a season. That's the difference between a very good side and the champions. It's a mentality thing more than anything.

We know Man City can do it, we haven't proved that we can....yet.

MartiSaka

I think we all accept that this Arsenal side is very good, the goals scored and conceded bare that out. By most metrics we're the best side in the PL.

Where I think all that falls down is the ability to thrive under pressure at the business end of a season. That's the difference between a very good side and the champions. It's a mentality thing more than anything.

We know Man City can do it, we haven't proved that we can....yet.

I agree with the mentality thing last yr.

Everything being equal this year, if you provide a positive spin and say we and City are the two best sides (Pool behind us), going into the last 8 games or so we still had at best 35-40% chance to win it (bookies/models had us much lower).

So depending upon how we finish the season, it might not have been we choked under the pressure, its just we didn't win it through a combination of:
(1) competition state, we encountered particular sides when they were in form/our players were out of form/playing injured
(2) the draw structure.

You could say to increase you chances, you need to build a lead prior to the run in, which probably meant picking up more than 1 point around new year against Pool/West Ham/Fulham.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
We looked very leggy out there and mentally tired.

Hopefully this sheds the bad vibes off the team and gives them that extra bit of energy to finish off strongly.

Agreed but I think one game a week will benefit the team massively. We have 5 cup finals and City have 7 (including the FA Cup final), they have to win 7 games which is much harder than winning 5. One draw and we could sneak it on GD.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I agree with the mentality thing last yr.

Everything being equal this year, if you provide a positive spin and say we and City are the two best sides (Pool behind us), going into the last 8 games or so we still had at best 35-40% chance to win it (bookies/models had us much lower).

So depending upon how we finish the season, it might not have been we choked under the pressure, its just we didn't win it through a combination of:
(1) competition state, we encountered particular sides when they were in form/our players were out of form/playing injured
(2) the draw structure.

You could say to increase you chances, you need to build a lead prior to the run in, which probably meant picking up more than 1 point around new year against Pool/West Ham/Fulham.

Thing is tho its just plain unreasonable to be effectively saying "in order to win the league just don't drop any points". Its never going to happen and doesn't need to.

We're still capable of eclipsing last year's total and IMO if we get to 89 points we win the league.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Agreed but I think one game a week will benefit the team massively. We have 5 cup finals and City have 7 (including the FA Cup final), they have to win 7 games which is much harder than winning 5. One draw and we could sneak it on GD.

City's run in games are much easier than ours and they are used to go on winning runs.

They're also down to a game a week and look far less leggy, given their depth.

Not saying it can't be done, mind.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
City's run in games are much easier than ours and they are used to go on winning runs.

Would be peak Arsenal going to United needing a win to go top before the final game week and let Baldies boys have their best performance of the season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

This is why I think they need to drop points next week, or it's over for us...after that they will be fine.

MartiSaka

Thing is tho its just plain unreasonable to be effectively saying "in order to win the league just don't drop any points". Its never going to happen and doesn't need to.

We're still capable of eclipsing last year's total and IMO if we get to 89 points we win the league.
But what you are suggesting is we don't drop any points in the period of the season, the run in, where the pressure is the highest and it seems most difficult for everyone apart from City. If you can build a somewhat of a lead by not having these strings of multiple games where points are dropped, you can reduce the pressure where you don't have to perfect i.e. assuming City don't drop points.

fute

In fairness to Arteta, it is hard to make the right subs and rest people when you are trying to also win the game.

These aren't league cup games. lol

We can't afford a draw or loss. We have to win every game and that doesn't guarantee a title if City does not lose.

It is not easy.

He is doing okay all things considered.

Everybody is tired this time of year. Everybody is complaining about the schedule to the amount of games and lack of rest from Pool to City to us. We are all in the same boat.

Who rises above it all when win the trophy.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
In fairness to Arteta, it is hard to make the right subs and rest people when you are trying to also win the game.

We can't afford a draw or loss. We have to win every game and that doesn't guarantee a title if City does not lose.

It is not easy.

Everybody is tired this time of year. Everybody is complaining about the schedule to the amount of games and lack of rest from Pool to City to us. We are all in the same boat.

Just a few more games remaining, no time for rotation and to rest unless you are injured.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

It is not easy.

West Ham 4-0 up at HT Ødegaard plays 90 minutes.

Burnley 3-0 up at 47 minutes Ødegaard plays 90 minutes, Rice plays 79 minutes.

Newcastle 3-0 up after 65 minutes Rice plays 90 minutes.

Sheffield Utd 5-0 up at HT Ødegaard plays 90 minutes, Rice plays 74 minutes.

This is where he needs to be better. Even if he supposedly doesn't trust these players to win games there's no harm bringing them on in those situations to rest the ones he runs into the ground.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

West Ham 4-0 up at HT Ødegaard plays 90 minutes.

Burnley 3-0 up at 47 minutes Ødegaard plays 90 minutes, Rice plays 79 minutes.

Newcastle 3-0 up after 65 minutes Rice plays 90 minutes.

Sheffield Utd 5-0 up at HT Ødegaard plays 90 minutes, Rice plays 74 minutes.

This is where he needs to be better. Even if he supposedly doesn't trust these players to win games there's no harm bringing them on in those situations to rest the ones he runs into the ground.

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

That's not to say Arteta doesn't deserve praise for the stuff he does well but ofc nobody is purrfecc.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom