• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If Laca wasn't so terrible we'd probably come away with a 2-2 in that game, took Liverpool until the very end to actually get the game wrapped up.

Last year we were 3-0 down and Torreira scored a goal in the 85th minute. The game before that we lost 5-1 under Emery I believe.

So its an improvement.

Yeah maybe if that chance was falling to Aubameyang it might have been different.

Point is this is all semantics, you can’t unilaterally say Emery was terrible in big games and Arteta was great.

Hair splitting to see the only differences.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm just a guy who is observing what is happening, managing of players has never been worse than it is for the past 25 years. There's like 5 publicly opened issues between our players and the club, and time will tell how many are there that we don't know about. You don't create such a mess by being great at management

So you'd prefer Wenger situations where we keep players happy? Naturally when a new manager comes in he's going to pick out players he likes and players he doesn't like. How many years have people been saying that Arsenal players have it easy? That Arsenal players are too comfortable in their surroundings, never get rockets up their arses, stay beyond their welcome etc etc.

For once we have a manager that has come in and completely shaken the squad up, he won a trophy and at the first sign of weakness in results people are jumping on him and being ridiculously negative.

Do you not think its a bit ridiculous to even proclaim that he isn't good enough until he's had at least half a full season?

Also the same people who say our squad is only good enough for 8th-6th are the same people ripping Arteta when we lose, the bloke can't win. Which one is it? Is the squad **** or is Arteta ****?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah maybe if that chance was falling to Aubameyang it might have been different.

Point is this is all semantics, you can’t unilaterally say Emery was terrible in big games and Arteta was great.

But its pretty clear that Arteta is better in big games than Emery and Wenger in his final years. Although for me the sample size is still a little too small to say anything definitive. I want Arteta to have a full season and a second summer personally.

Manberg

Predator

You can if you compare results in all competitions.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
So you'd prefer Wenger situations where we keep players happy? Naturally when a new manager comes in he's going to pick out players he likes and players he doesn't like. How many years have people been saying that Arsenal players have it easy? That Arsenal players are too comfortable in their surroundings, never get rockets up their arses, stay beyond their welcome etc etc.

For once we have a manager that has come in and completely shaken the squad up, he won a trophy and at the first sign of weakness in results people are jumping on him and being ridiculously negative.

Do you not think its a bit ridiculous to even proclaim that he isn't good enough until he's had at least half a full season?

Also the same people who say our squad is only good enough for 8th-6th are the same people ripping Arteta when we lose, the bloke can't win. Which one is it? Is the squad **** or is Arteta ****?
The trophy thing has been digested here million times, to anyone with half a brain it will be clear that the FA cup means nothing in the long run, it's a one day fun with no other benefits.
I'm happy that he has shaken the squad, and that's what every manager does initially, even Emery did it. What I'm interested in is what comes after that, after the initial burst of enthusiasm. Will our players lose it? I've already seen Auba being frustrated, Laca and some others can't be bothered anymore constantly being forced to play roles they are not suited to, players being on the bench for no reason, or players playing constantly for no reason. This is all man management and a primary job for any manager. Taking out the best of your players should be more important than a lucky FA cup run

I've already said our squad is 4th -5th place quality with Partey and Gabriel in, so I fully expect an improvement in performance and results after adding 2 fantastic players to our squad but seen none of that so far

I don't even want Arteta out that much, I wanted him here after Emery, liked him as a player, and would love to see him here doing well, but he needs a drastic change in his approach, or he will confirm my theory that he is simply not that talented as many believe.
I'd love to be wrong on this one and would rather waste my time writing in players threads than here, but I think he is more to blame than players are

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How Pep replaces Hart basically sums up his "management style."

Doesn't think Hart can play his way, so brings in a new starting keeper in Bravo...Bravo doesn't do to well in his first season, Pep brings in a new starting keeper in Ederson...and you know that if Ederson didn't look that good, Pep would have demanded a new keeper the year after too.

Guardiola would be so lost without loads and loads of money to spend :lol:
Disagree tbh.

What you've described is somebody who knows exactly what they need for their system to work. Without the resources he'd still go for a ball playing keeper, they just wouldn't be as good. Our very own back-up GK is apparently very good with his feet and he cost like 2M.

The reason Pep has earned the budgets he does is because of his system. The system trumps all and despite his weird CL bottlejobs he comes into teams who have always had the resources and takes them up a level. That is undeniable.

If Pep came here he wouldn't be lost at all, he'd know exactly what he wants and would set up his system accordingly. The only difference would be that the players wouldn't be able to execute his patterns as often as they would at a PSG or City.

If I saw signs of a system that worked but just needed better players you wouldn't hear a peep out of me.

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
And as a whole, results since he’s been here have been very good.
This includes league form. I read a table that showed that between the new year (close to the time he joined) and the end of the season we finished 4th.

2 trophies in half a year is not something to be taken lightly either.

After 28 games he’s averaging 1.6 points per game, that works out 61 points over a season. He has a win rate of 46%. Those aren’t good numbers and you won’t get close to top 4 with them.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Between the restart and the start of the new season, he had plenty of time to figure out how we have to play to get results, yet we're still in an identity crisis.
I mean he had the team pre-project restart as well. If we’re looking at Klopp over a year into the job it’s unrecognisable.

They still weren’t perfect but they were a markedly better team than the year before. Are we better than last year?

Has there been any progress?
I think we saw glimpses of what Arteta wants when he initially came in, but post lockdown he has reverted to this back five for some reason. If you go back to the December-February period we saw more the structure in attack that was lacking under Emery, not to mention the pressing game against Chelsea and United at home.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Auba, Partey, Pepe, Gabriel, Tierney, Leno, and to some extend Laca, Bellerin, and Willian are CL quality players or they were.
Anyone who is saying that our squad is not good enough to trash Villa at home, to win against Leicester, or to get into CL can f*** off. It's the first time that I can confidently say it's on the manager.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Auba, Partey, Pepe, Gabriel, Tierney, Leno, and to some extend Laca, Bellerin, and Willian are CL quality players or they were.
Anyone who is saying that our squad is not good enough to trash Villa at home, to win against Leicester, or to get into CL can f*** off. It's the first time that I can confidently say it's on the manager.

You don't get into the CL with players that WERE CL quality......... the bottom line is that the fall of Auba has screwed up Arteta's plans cause he clearly thought we can have baseline results by funneling the ball to Auba on the left. And Laca plus Pepe are not good enough to make up for the fall of Auba.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You don't get into the CL with players that WERE CL quality......... the bottom line is that the fall of Auba has screwed up Arteta's plans cause he clearly thought we can have baseline results by funneling the ball to Auba on the left. And Laca plus Pepe are not good enough to make up for the fall of Auba.
I knew someone will highlight it :D

What I wanted to say is that they are CL when things work for them, probably some position adjustment and the team doing more attacking. Think they both still have the quality or at least they can be useful in some situations

Manberg

Predator

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom