• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Fighting Until The End

Manberg

Predator
Our midfield is the issue and has been for quite a while.

We can't seem to get any consistency.

Partey comes in with elneny, looks good then bam.

Xhaka and dani in.

Until we get a run of our best midfield without injuries we will struggle.

We can't seem to catch a break with our midfield at the moment.

Cannot agree. Our midfield is fine. Our attack is by far our biggest issue. Everything falls apart in the final third.

Manberg

Predator
Nothing wrong with 3-4-3 away. However, playing like that at home to Villa, is simply ridiculous as they are not that good.

This is Arteta’s job, he hasn’t found the solution yet which is expected as he’s a baby compared to Bielsa who can construct an attack from scratch without much investment.

My problem is you and others like @Riou and @MikelHadADream not admitting that Arteta is struggling with constructing the attack.

Blaming the front line instead, accusing them of being bad and blaming them for not creating their own chances, it’s simply ridiculous.

You guys can hate on Auba and etc all you like, but statistically you put them in Bamford’s shoes he or Laca tucks at least half of them away. Arteta’s tactics suck and you guys try everything to hide from it.

I’m not hating on Auba as much as Pepe and Laca. I’m saying Auba has so far this season dropped several levels since signing his contract, compared to how he was doing last season. Everyone’s keen to blame the system rather than Auba for that.
As for Pepe and Lacazette however, I think they are average footballers.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
We don’t create chances or scored a goal from open play in like 2 months and people say because our squad isn’t good enough :lol:

Yeah, Auba isn’t good enough.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I’m not hating on Auba as much as Pepe and Laca. I’m saying Auba has so far this season dropped several levels since signing his contract, compared to how he was doing last season. Everyone’s keen to blame the system rather than Auba for that.
As for Pepe and Lacazette however, I think they are average footballers.
Do you rate Bamford?
Cause he tops the charts in this league for expected goals outside of penalties so far this season.

What about Calvert-Lewin as well?
Would you call them both good footballers?

Auba is covering more distance than this time last season as he was under Emery and being used differently. These are all things that can be checked -there’s nothing to suggest that his levels have dropped.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nothing wrong with 3-4-3 away. However, playing like that at home to Villa, is simply ridiculous as they are not that good.

This is Arteta’s job, he hasn’t found the solution yet which is expected as he’s a baby compared to Bielsa who can construct an attack from scratch without much investment.

My problem is you and others like @Riou and @MikelHadADream not admitting that Arteta is struggling with constructing the attack.

Blaming the front line instead, accusing them of being bad and blaming them for not creating their own chances, it’s simply ridiculous.

You guys can hate on Auba and etc all you like, but statistically you put them in Bamford’s shoes he or Laca tucks at least half of them away. Arteta’s tactics suck ball bags and you guys try everything to hide from it.

Can both things not be true? You keep saying he needs to improve the attacking but you're not suggesting how he does this.

Im not a fan of his team selection, and I I'd like to see a 4231 with a front 4 of Saka/Willian/Pepe/Auba. Imo this would be the best set up, although it still lacks a lot.

Its undeniable we lack key profiles in an attacking sense. We lack a center forward that can hold the ball and occupy defenders, we lack a consistent top class 1v1 player that can create goals for himself and we lack a player that can be creative between the lines.

These are key profiles you need for an effective attacking unit imo.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Arteta made the changes most fans wanted and it made zero difference. Willock can't seem to make the step up to PL and was invisible. Yet another example of why its difficult to justify playing Pepe. Even before the red card, he offered zero support for Bellerin. We were getting killed down his side on numerous occasions, so many two on ones for Bellerin to deal with. I just don't think he offers enough going forward to allow this.

Manberg

Predator
Do you rate Bamford?
Cause he tops the charts in this league for expected goals outside of penalties so far this season.

What about Calvert-Lewin as well?
Would you call them both good footballers?

Auba is covering more distance than this time last season as he was under Emery and being used differently. These are all things that can be checked -there’s nothing to suggest that his levels have dropped.

I can pinpoint goals he scored last season and moments where he was moving and running at defenders in the box. He was eager to get on the end of things. His shooting was more clinical. He tried things such as cutting inside and aiming for top bins. The comparison to what I’ve been seeing of him this season is night and day.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

You guys can hate on Auba and etc all you like, but statistically you put them in Bamford’s shoes he or Laca tucks at least half of those chances away.

Arteta’s tactics suck ball bags and you guys try everything to hide from it.

I rate Auba highly, could never hate him...just think we have lost more creative players each season since he arrived.

17/18...Özil, Wilshere, Ramsey, Iwobi, Mkh (plus playing in an attacking Arsène team)

18/19...basically the same as the previous year, but a little worse for him due to a more defensive manager in Emery.

19/20...terrible season, worst I have experienced, though amazing finish...bar Saka, unsure any other of our players could even be called creative.

20/21...Gabby and Partey will really firm us up at the back, still too much pressure on Saka to the "the guy" while still very young...think if we played Pierre up top for a period he will start scoring again though.

Arteta hasn't been perfect, he couldn't be it's his first job...but in my opinion, the attacking tools aren't there for him/don't fit together.

Manberg

Predator
Auba can rediscover his form. I hope for it. But he needs to improve. His disappointing form is down to himself not the manager.

It’s Pepe and Lacazette I’ve long given up on.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Whenever a team is underperforming their fans think their players must be crap. Don't people realise it is the manager and the way he sets up the team that makes players under perform? Even if you don't have world class players, a well set up team will look decent.

I used to frequent the Sp**s forums and towards the end of last season and beginning of this season they were convinced their squad was mid table. Only kane and Son were rated. Alderweireld was past it (must have been the new big contract he signed they said), Dier was a terrible CB and even worse DM. Aurier was the most brainless footballer in the league, Sissoke should be playing at Watford level, Moura was a headless chicken. Now they think they can win the league with the same players.

Kysus

One of the best Gks in the league?Check
One of the best CBs in the league?Check
Two very good fullbacks? Check
4 accomplished high quality options in CM, one just signed for 50mil? Check
One of the best strikers in the league?Check
One of the best young wingers in the world? Check
A winger who scored and assisted for fun before joining us?(therefore cost 70mil) Check

Aston Villa, Leeds, Sheffield Utd, West Ham and Co outplay us anyway? Check

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I think if we played Pierre up top for a period he will start scoring again though.

Arteta hasn't been perfect, he couldn't be it's his first job...but in my opinion, the attacking tools aren't there for him/don't fit together.
Well I hate to break it to you but this is what I am saying all along - he won’t score, because we don’t get the ball to him in the box enough.

Unless he gets a Tierney cross or a Bellerin cut back and he makes the most of it he is screwed. This isn’t the players fault. Bamford is a fraction of the player and he’s on 7 goals and he’s not even on pens.

Kevin-Phillips aside none of those Leeds players get into this team.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Also, we’re not asking for a lot? Win the title, no, get top 4, no. Just a team that carries a threat on the pitch and gives us a push for top 4.

We have the squad for that. Our expectations are very very reasonable.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom