• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If you take out the period lost to covid and the mini break between seasons then he's got just over 6 months in the job. 13 wins out of 33 in the league.That is the definition of out of one's depth. There is no way to spin it otherwise.
Its average and midtabl but that the quality of this team to be fair last season only won 14 games form 38 should have more because we dropped many points from winning positions but really not expecting anything else the team quality is midtable at best and so unbalanced because the mistakes we did since like 2018

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Its average and midtabl but that the quality of this team to be fair last season only won 14 games form 38 should have more because we dropped many points from winning positions but really not expecting anything else the team quality is midtable at best and so unbalanced because the mistakes we did since like 2018

This teams quality is around 8th in the league. Not 15th. Burnley do not have a better team or squad than us. Crystal Palace neither. West Ham neither. Soton neither. Aston Villa neither.

Liverpool, City, Chelsea, United, Sp**s, Leciester are teams with starting 11s better than ours. Apart from no other team in the league should be considered better. Everton have a few useful players as do Wolves. At worst we are on par with them. But I believe ours is slightly better.

We are underperforming. There is no 2 ways about it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If new managers comes you'd still see Elneny xhaka Ceballos start in midfield Willian Pepe who massively off form laca who can't score and auba who off form I'm not expecting magic from new manager it's not like he'll make these players to start performing specially this midfield.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think when Partey, Martinelli and the signing in Jan come into the team you'll see a different Arsenal. And if you dont then Arteta will need to go.

Partey - Ceballos - Buendia - Saka - Auba - Pepe/Martinelli is absolutely good enough on paper to be higher than 6th.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
My point is Wenger wasnt great with signings.

He did in his first 10 years. When we were the 2nd best team in the league. When the competition was weaker and when he had his French contacts.

The last 10 years his signings were poor. Run through them. He replaced Van Persie with Giroud and Podolski. He completely ignored a DCM after Gilberto. He did find a few solid players Koscileny decent signing, Santi very good but the majority of his last 20-25 signings were poor. Or turned out poor.

Arsène's last 25 players:

Aubameyang, Lacazette, Kola, Mavropanos, Mkhi
Xhaka, Mustafi, Holding, Perez
Asano, Bramall, Cech, Elneny
Sanchez, Gabriel Paulista, Chambers, Welbeck
Debuchy, Ospina
Özil, Flamini, Sanogo, Kallstrom, Emiliano Viviano
Cazorla

If I look at how they performed for the boss, I'm counting four top class signings. A few average players and a lot of shutters.

Wenger's last ten years takes us back to 2008, so it would include those guys, Giroud, Podolski, Arteta, Mertesacker.

You're right with little context. Wenger bought the players he could afford on our budget. We all complained about the signings. But if you tell someone bake you a cake but only give them the money to buy off brand ingredients. Can you really complain about the quality of the cake after?

Reactions: Kav

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Debuchy, Ospina
Cazorla

If I look at how they performed for the boss, I'm counting four top class signings. A few average players and a lot of shutters.

Wenger's last ten years takes us back to 2008, so it would include those guys, Giroud, Podolski, Arteta, Mertesacker.

You're right with little context. Wenger bought the players he could afford on our budget. We all complained about the signings. But if you tell someone bake you a cake but only give them the money to buy off brand ingredients. Can you really complain about the quality of the cake after?

Yes you can when he's spending £150M on Perez, Laca, Xhaka and Mustafi. That is hideous.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Debuchy, Ospina
Cazorla

The problem is for every singing he made other clubs were making better ones. For similar money. Now you cant always get everything right.

Auba, Holding (2m), Sanchez, Cazorla are the only 4 I consider decent signings. Looking back. Özil I understand why he signed him but for me Özil is in the Pogba sphere. More questions and what ifs and "on his day" he is x y and z.

I couldnt say Özil was a huge success. Maybe if he hadnt signed his new contract and basing Özil of his first 3 years. Maybe. But his entire Arsenal career? For me it's been poor.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He wanted Vardy over Perez and Kante over Xhaka. Mustafi was a statDNA signing I'm pretty sure. Really don't think Wenger was often getting his preferred players near the end.

Whatever way you gloss over it we are in a much worse position now and managing to sign Partey and Gabriel for those positions for less money.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He wanted Vardy over Perez and Kante over Xhaka. Mustafi was a statDNA signing I'm pretty sure. Really don't think Wenger was often getting his preferred players near the end.

As I said before and il say it again. Arsène picked what bog roll the cleaners put in the toilet and what soap they used. Your not convincing me that Wenger had no say on transfers. If Wenger said.....I want Kante who's proven in the league for 8m less than Xhaka he would have got him.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think when Partey, Martinelli and the signing in Jan come into the team you'll see a different Arsenal. And if you dont then Arteta will need to go.

A 19 year old that was hardly playing during Arteta’s first few games and is returning from 9 months out is really going to make a massive difference.

The way our fans overrate our players whilst they’re out injured is ridiculous. I remember when Holding was out and some were acting like he was the second coming of Tony Adams.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Winning titles with champagne football, like we used to under Big Wengz...

Arteta:

drake-hotline-bling-jacket-moncler.png

Constantly getting red cards like Big Wengz' best teams...

Arteta:

drake-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqZPnXlBHEdt8AtjizIYNgmZhw_iIPZqUNP2EjAIFcGyw.jpg

Think Mikel might have gotten his wires crossed, after we told him to make Arsenal the way they used to be under Arsène!

Polar Bear

We are actually worse off after yesterdays and todays results

All the teams below us drew, so like us they got 1 point so nothing has changed, however the team above us who were 14th Leeds won 5-2, so they got 3 points and pulled away from us relegation scrapping fodder teams.

Very worried with Big Sam coming in at West Brom, he never gets relegated, he will secure them, very dangerous times ahead...

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit

Partey - Ceballos - Buendia - Saka - Auba - Pepe/Martinelli is absolutely good enough on paper to be higher than 6th.

This is where people lose me.

Of course when we add better players we'll be a better team and we'll get better results. The problem is when a manager is not capable of getting the most out of his team you'll always be performing worse than than the team is capable of.

If our squad is 8th in ability (or whatever) but we're sitting 15.It should not fill anyone with the belief that the manager is capable of getting the most out of his squad.And no we do not have the 5th worst squad in the league.

Lets say hypothetically we buy a bunch of world class talent in every position, and the team shoots up the table to 6th or even 5th. That's great right? NO
Not if you have the 1st or 2nd best team in the league.

Chelsea/United and Arsenal all have the same problem at the moment, they all hired managers who are of a significantly lower quality and calibre than the players in the squad.

You ideally want the manager to elevate the players not the other way around.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom