• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
the technical aspect will always win, and physicality always runs behind, The numbers Solanke Bowen Walkins and Palmer are well deserved. The best academies in the world are now in England, so we are going to see more and more English-educated players excelling. The process started 20 years ago, and now you see that England is a major export of quality players + the league is full of English players that will excel at most teams around the globe. It just comes with having the best league and the most income around, your academies improve.

Regarding the never-ending physicality vs. technicality debate... that was always the case. random example, Jonas Rodriguez, one of the worst footballers I have ever played with. He had a decent career, why? he was fast, strong, and relentless. 99% of technically gifted players I played with, now they have normal jobs.

It is what it is. We still have Ode, Mbappe, Gavi, Rodri. Football is still here, alive and with us. sit back and enjoy.
There are outside of a handful of players no technically gifted players in Pl. Sure there is Kdb, Salah, Ode; but other than that there are no technical players. Absolutely English academies and money are going to guarantee them a certain quality and consistency built on well drilled young pros. But I don’t see any artists anywhere in football even in Brazil.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

GNdnG44XkAAJbNP

Rice and Havertz have been key parts of this. And also having Saliba fit for this last part as well.

In general he’s just growing as a coach and the key thing is he’s improving and learning despite already being at an elite level.

outlawz

I have to admit, his hatred of PGMOL & their lackeys has won me over. I feel a certain kinship.
He has managed to turn around what looked like a hopeless situation for him back in December 2020 to what we see now.

Credit to him...But he's still a monumental tw*t :lol:

It's a good thing you don't have to date him then, unless you swing that way.🤣

LookingForEric

The question for the summer is what do we need to win the league.

We’re resilient enough defensively, so that isn’t too much of an issue, our games improved with a needle threader at 6 and Rice further forward, so that has to be priority, a better, more available Partey at 6.

We’re then missing consistent magic up front and heavily reliant on Saka. So ideally the rest of the budget goes all in for that golden attacker.

If we make those two signings, along with Timber being fit, I think we win it next year.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
I wonder what squad selection Arteta will screw up once again next season.

We know one of his excuses will be his pre-season being disrupted by the international tournaments this summer 🤣

In all counts, he better deliver a major trophy next season or serious discussions will need to be held.

Our attackers (woeful finishing, Jesus/Nelli regressing, etc..) costed us the title this season and Arteta played with our midfield so it's on him to correct it for next season.

North_Bank_Gooner

Commander of the Coneboy Brigade
He didnt even try to win at the Etihad despite City being poor in that game. Many, many mistakes from the coneboy this season. As always. Cant wait for him to leave.

Coneboy wouldn't last as manager for two months at another club. He be a coffee boy at real Betis in a few years time.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
He is not very good at signing decent players. We will never win big trophies with this loser. Its a shame that such a big part of the fanbase support him more than they support the club.
Imagine how screwed up you have to be up there saying this after our squad has had an entire overhaul with his signings and gone from no cl to back to back title challenges

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If we make those two signings, along with Timber being fit, I think we win it next year.
Could have sworn you've been saying something like that for 4 years. Good job we won that penalty shoot out against Porto or be saying the CL competition was disastrous.

jaystewart

He didnt even try to win at the Etihad despite City being poor in that game. Many, many mistakes from the coneboy this season. As always. Cant wait for him to leave.
We don't have the players. We've played Liverpool and City 6 times this season and we only scored one goal (Trossard last few minutes) which wasn't a set piece, rebound or deflection. Saka is the only player in our front 3 who is at required level to challenge for the major honours.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Really can't fault the team turning up a gear results and, most importantly, performance wise. It's why stuff like Fullham don't bother me as much, as when the time to actually grind out results came, we were 99% there for it.

I will say though, that we were unbelievably lucky with injuries to key players. Saliba, Gabriel, Saka, Ødegaard and Rice are coming out of this relatively unscathed, any fatiguing issues aside.

With the Euros (and Olympics in Saliba's case), it's imperative that for Arteta to use his squad more proactively next season. Be it be having a sit with him and telling to trust his players more or by giving him even more money to flesh out the squad.

If in a normal PL run City's depth is already ridiculously unfair, depending on how the Euros, etc., go, that might be even more of an issue for other teams.
Injury wise, it helped us going out of cups early on.

LookingForEric

Could have sworn you've been saying something like that for 4 years. Good job we won that penalty shoot out against Porto or be saying the CL competition was disastrous.

For the past 2 years yeah, and it’s been working hasn’t it?

Minuscule jumps now, 94 points next year + better cup runs is the goal.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom