• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
We could have done with just a couple of 'stat padders' against Fulham and then we'd be Champions already.

Yeah it's not like we scored 88 goals last year and 89 this year with a game to go. Have you seen the Robot play yesterday or vs. us? He's pathetic and I wouldn't want him anywhere near us.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
You could make a point for Xabi Alonso, even at Man City.
Of course Carlo Ancelloti.

After that I can't think of anyone, not even Guardiola. ( well, maybe )

Klopp? No thanks. Simeone? Hmmm. And then?

Amorim, Nagelsmann, Terzic, Slot??? Arteta is better than them by some margin.
Managers are not plug and play either. People underestimate the sheer number of variables that must align to win this league. It is highly unlikely for any manager to come in and win the league against Pep in his first season. Who knows what our squad makeup is gonna be like in 2-3 years. I think Arteta is absolutely on the right track. He just needs to get a squad that he feels is optimum and go again. Can't be having the likes Vieira, Nelson, Nketiah, Cedric on the bench and expect to compete on all fronts.

Arsel

Managers are not plug and play either. People underestimate the sheer number of variables that must align to win this league. It is highly unlikely for any manager to come in and win the league against Pep in his first season. Who knows what our squad makeup is gonna be like in 2-3 years. I think Arteta is absolutely on the right track. He just needs to get a squad that he feels is optimum and go again. Can't be having the likes Vieira, Nelson, Nketiah, Cedric on the bench and expect to compete on all fronts.
Nail on head!

Our squad is not up to Man City's.
It always hurt when we had to bring on Eddie and you see what City has on the bench.
A couple of great signings this summer ( striker, and midfield ) and we will walk it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Look at our starting 11 recently, we really need some experience...

Raya...no trophies
White...no trophies
Saliba...no trophies
Gabriel...no trophies
Tomiyasu...no trophies
Partey...1 trophy
Rice...1 trophy
Saka...1 trophy
Trossard...no trophies
Havertz...2 trophies

... compare that to City's starting 11 ffs 😅

Guess you could say Liverpool were in the same in 2019, but they at least had Klopp who had won leagues and got to a Champions League final before he took over...Arteta is very promising and talented, but still very young compared to who he's competing against.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Look at our starting 11 recently, we really need some experience...

Raya...no trophies
White...no trophies
Saliba...no trophies
Gabriel...no trophies
Tomiyasu...no trophies
Partey...1 trophy
Rice...1 trophy
Saka...1 trophy
Trossard...no trophies
Havertz...2 trophies

... compare that to City's starting 11 ffs 😅

Guess you could say Liverpool were in the same in 2019, but they at least had Klopp who had won leagues and got to a Champions League final before he took over...Arteta is very promising and talented, but still very young compared to who he's competing against.

It's not about how many trophies you've won. It's about how good you are. You are disproving your own point by using Liverpool as an example, only to claim that maybe the manager was the difference.

City are winning because they are by far the best squad. When Foden doesn't deliver KDB does, or Silva. Then there's Alvarez, Grealish and Doku on the bench. That's the difference.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's not about how many trophies you've won. It's about how good you are. You are disproving your own point by using Liverpool as an example, only to claim that maybe the manager was the difference.

City are winning because they are by far the best squad. When Foden doesn't deliver KDB does, or Silva. Then there's Alvarez, Grealish and Doku on the bench. That's the difference.

I think having won trophies before must relax you in certain situations, it must do.

The hardest one to win is your first bit of silverware, imo.

It's not impossible to win with less experience, for example look at Leverkusen...but the longer you go without it, the harder it is.

We have lost out on every trophy the past 2/3 years (have no hope for West Ham at City) that must keep building pressure on us, despite how well we have played...we have nothing to show for it really.

We have had injuries, but feel not as bad as other sides and most of our dropped points were more self inflicted anyway.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think I have another title “race” in me btw. If we aren’t 12-15 points clear in December I’m fr giving up !
0-2 down in title challenges must have the players feeling a little deflated already, can’t imagine 0-3. It’s actually next season or bust.
Arteta gotta do better in the cups as well, simple as.. even if it’s just for city not to be the only team with games in hand all the time lol

fute

We are in better shape than we were last year.

CL qualified again. In a title race into the last game this year.

Our core group of players are all relatively young.

No need to spend a boatload of money or get carried away.

At most, a couple of positions to potentially upgrade. Edu and scouts gotta identify some good ,sound reserves at bargain prices to improve the depth overall.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
There will be calls for his head next season if nothing happens.

I think he is doing a good job, but trophies are the measure at the end of the day.

Klopp won 1 PL in 9 years and many would consider him a top 5 PL manager of all time.

We've got to improve on those fine margins and there's no point *****ing and moaning about it but it's worth acknowledging that beating Pep's Man City over 38 games is probably one of the hardest things to do in european football.

A few marginal gains from Arteta and the squad I'm pretty confident we take them next season.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I don’t think I have another title “race” in me btw. If we aren’t 12-15 points clear in December I’m fr giving up !
0-2 down in title challenges must have the players feeling a little deflated already, can’t imagine 0-3. It’s actually next season or bust.
Arteta gotta do better in the cups as well, simple as.. even if it’s just for city not to be the only team with games in hand all the time lol
Do you know how I had to follow the title races in the 90s and early 2000s? My granddad had to call me to update me on the table at the weekend because in those days there was no US PL tv deal so I could only really watch CL matches or the occasional Sky satellite PL match. The internet also wasn't what it is now so there was very little information to give you context to what was going on. After telling me how we were doing, my granddad used to send me the sports pages from Essex with writeups of our results on a Monday and I'd get them in the mail usually on Wednesday or Thursday and read them. This is nothing compared to those days. This is a breeze compared to that.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
What Liverpool did well during those years they challenged City was going deep into all the other cup competitions.

Won the Champions League the year they finished on 97 points, won the league directly the year after battering the competition in the first half of the season. Couple of years ago they made another CL final and won the FA cup whilst taking City to the final day in the league.

This is the level we have to get to both in terms of squad capability and making the most of our current level as a team.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
What Liverpool did well during those years they challenged City was going deep into all the other cup competitions.

Won the Champions League the year they finished on 97 points, won the league directly the year after battering the competition in the first half of the season. Couple of years ago they made another CL final and won the FA cup whilst taking City to the final day in the league.

This is the level we have to get to both in terms of squad capability and making the most of our current level as a team.

Most of our fans want out of the cups early to focus on one trophy, only to complain later that we didn't get any trophies at the end of the season and should go further in the cups.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Klopp won 1 PL in 9 years and many would consider him a top 5 PL manager of all time.

We've got to improve on those fine margins and there's no point *****ing and moaning about it but it's worth acknowledging that beating Pep's Man City over 38 games is probably one of the hardest things to do in european football.

A few marginal gains from Arteta and the squad I'm pretty confident we take them next season.
Yeah, but to get to those 9 years he won the CL and PL in first 5/6 years at Liverpool. Then reached more CL finals etc.

With Arteta it seems it’s about “ok so next season then”, which is the right thing to do as he’s doing a good job, but soon that stops if no trophy arrives.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, but to get to those 9 years he won the CL and PL in first 5/6 years at Liverpool. Then reached more CL finals etc.

With Arteta it seems it’s about “ok so next season then”, which is the right thing to do as he’s doing a good job, but soon that stops if no trophy arrives.

What's more important, the journey or the destination?

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom