• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I get that he gets praise for being smarter then Emery.
All i was wondering was why Freddie got so bad credits for his effort..
Freddie did not pick his team and all knew he was just temporary so it is not fair i belive that he got so critisized..

So far Arteta dont have better ppg then Freddie...
I don't really think Freddie was criticized that much. The only criticism he got was for not playing Pepe. Everyone, including him knew he was just temporary. Nobody turned on him. If I remember correctly, our performances improved, albeit slightly from what we saw in Emery's final weeks.

I think fans were just frustrated with the results. Our play at times looked more like Emery's and he got rightly criticized for it just like Arteta is a also getting criticized for some of his decisions (maybe not as much)

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I am a little pissed that Auba even started the last game on the left. He is willing to make the sacrifice and effort but it cannot be asked of him every game.
He should've played up front instead of Laca with Martinelli starting on the left.
At least we'll see Martinelli start a game now with Auba's red card.
Hope to see less of Nelson and more of the Brazilian in the coming games.

Auba offers almost as many goals from lw

Both our lbs bomb forward so it doesnt matter that Auba cuts inside

Auba has No hold Up play, does Little def work

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Auba offers almost as many goals from lw

Both our lbs bomb forward so it doesnt matter that Auba cuts inside

Auba has No hold Up play, does Little def work

Agreed. Not sure what tactics people want with auba up front. We have to get the ball to a striker that can hold it for our play. The wings are supposed to play as forwards off laca. It makes sense. People think just putting Auba up front will magically make us create more chances. Where are those chances supposed to come from?

Manberg

Predator
Forwards need to drop deep and be part of the possession game when on the ball and the pressing game off the ball. Nowadays, poachers are only effective in a purely counter attacking side.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Many teams today play with central strikers who arent the main goal source

Real done it for what 10years by now? They even sell strikers who score more than Benzema

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Agreed. Not sure what tactics people want with auba up front. We have to get the ball to a striker that can hold it for our play. The wings are supposed to play as forwards off laca. It makes sense. People think just putting Auba up front will magically make us create more chances. Where are those chances supposed to come from?

Our midfield? Why do we pay Özil so much? Our fullbacks shoild help create too.

There’s no need for our striker to be creating chances, they should be on the end of them. Auba plays much better as striker who tf need hold up play who the hell are we bringing into play? You expect Laca to create space for Özil to score? Delusional.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
This man doesn't believe in making substitutions. 70.minutes in and some players are out on their feet.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A few weeks ago I posed the question: what happens if it’s not a big game and he can’t get us running around like mad men?

Quality in attack just isn’t there but the rehearsed movements we saw earlier have gone. I think we’re living and dying by Özil right now and he’s not cutting it.

In addition to that Pepe is raw at RW and as if that wasn’t enough of a problem Maitland Niles just doesn’t cut it going forward. Not sure I saw one successful overlap from him which in turn meant no real space for Pepe.

...then the one time Pepe gets space and wins a penalty it’s not given. That’s twice this season that has happened to him. #ArsenalLuck

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We need 15 more points this season, and then we can start planning for the next season.

Lots of investment needed here, and even with that investment... will it take time.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He does struggle with in game management, this is a learning experience for him too, so hopefully he gets better before next season

Think he has done good job with few players. But the quality in the squad just isn't there. We have been put back many years by terrible transfers windows and we are facing that reality now.

We just need to get through this season without major damage and see what Arteta can do with few signings he likes and good pre-season!

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
People are saying lots of investment needed.

We spent a lot in summer and it hasnt helped.

Firstly what top player is going to want to play for a club who has no European football nevermind Champions league football?

What players who could significantly improve us will come? Nobody. We either have to pay 50m for players like Dunk or Ake which is too much or have to try find the next best 18 year old and pay 20-25m. Who is completely unproven.

Dark times ahead lads. Cant stop supporting the club but time to find some other passion or interest as well.

chessygoal

He's doing a good job to set-up the team : I like how Xhaka was asked to come deep on the left side to break Sheffield's pressing.
But he'll need time to make us tick going forward.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Another game in which Arteta is screwed over by the refs. Unbelievable.

We were really good for a great period of the game, one day it‘s going to click for 90 minutes and we will look at this period as a learning period.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Will need to get to 45 points and then prepare for next season.

Need to get in a top center back, defensive midfielder, wide player, attacking midfielder. Top drawer players who can start giving us the quality we need on the pitch.

Im happy with Arteta's work re structure, playing style and compactness... that will only improve.

Hopefully we can start to see some real movement next season.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

People are saying lots of investment needed.

We spent a lot in summer and it hasnt helped.

Firstly what top player is going to want to play for a club who has no European football nevermind Champions league football?

What players who could significantly improve us will come? Nobody. We either have to pay 50m for players like Dunk or Ake which is too much or have to try find the next best 18 year old and pay 20-25m. Who is completely unproven.

Dark times ahead lads. Cant stop supporting the club but time to find some other passion or interest as well.

Nah what we need is good investment. Plenty of teams manage to recruit well without spending crazy.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We’re much better defensively since he took over but there’s no goals in the team. An 18 year old from the 4th division in Brazil is our second highest scorer and he has only started 10 games. We have a midfield trio that has 1 goal and 2 assists between them all season. We never really look like scoring more than 1 goal.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
We’re much better defensively since he took over but there’s no goals in the team. An 18 year old from the 4th division in Brazil is our second highest scorer and he has only started 10 games. We have a midfield trio that has 1 goal and 2 assists between them all season. We never really look like scoring more than 1 goal.
And that is likely to continue if we keep on targeting players like 32 year old Dries Mertens in the market. Absolutely shocking mismanagement of resources

Top Bottom