• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Big Johan was arguably our best defender that season, which probably shows why we weren't good enough to the win the league :lol:

People probably just get a little angry over the collapse that season, had we won the Carling Cup but still not the league, people would have been more understanding...the 10-11 team, while exciting, just didn't have a defence of league winners.
Not sure how Wenger acquired such quality players with the money he had, but the team was also full of holes. You're only as good as your weakest links. We never had the depth to cover the injuries like United did.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Big Johan was arguably our best defender that season, which probably shows why we weren't good enough to the win the league :lol:

People seem to forget how poor Koscielny was until he got partnered with Mertesacker. He was poor after Mertesacker fell off too, generally the most overrated player in Arsenal history.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
There is no point in judging Arteta whatsoever until the majority of the team has been sold and replaced with players in his (and Edu's) vision. This will take at least two summers.

Only Klopp might do something respectable with this group of players.

scytheavatar

Established Member
People seem to forget how poor Koscielny was until he got partnered with Mertesacker. He was poor after Mertesacker fell off too, generally the most overrated player in Arsenal history.

He was our best defender last season, so if he is poor then what does that make for Sokratis and Mustafi?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
There is no point in judging Arteta whatsoever until the majority of the team has been sold and replaced with players in his (and Edu's) vision. This will take at least two summers.

I'd argue he would struggle as well.

I dont think there is a manager that would be able to deliver with this group of players. We are short of key personnel to really deliver at a consistently high level. Best thing for us right now is to get to grips with our new system, and actively work on proper players to fit it.

We need an outlay of 200 million to fix this squad, then we can start talking about the title again.

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
We as fans need to lower our standards. If we're thinking we should be dominating teams above us and in better form than us like Sheffield and Crystal Palace we'll never be happy. I don't think we played bad yesterday. I'm clearly in the minority.

Manberg

Predator
I'm looking at Leicester's lineup right now and I'm genuinely thinking they have a better team than us. Better starting 11 and better bench. It's not better by much but it's a lot more balanced. We need to accept that we've regressed in order to move forward. We've been on a cycle of taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Sometimes you need to take 1 step back to take 2 steps forward.

Manberg

Predator

Not a chance. Klopp walked into a Liverpool team that's always had a hard working ethic. He fit it like a glove. Arteta has walked into a lazy Arsenal team and it's a struggle to get them to work hard.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Not a chance. Klopp walked into a Liverpool team that's always had a hard working ethic. He fit it like a glove. Arteta has walked into a lazy Arsenal team and it's a struggle to get them to work hard.
Yeah, I wasn't even serious about that. This crop of players (as a whole) is unwork-with-able.

bandaid

in the first 15 minutes, we missed three lovely chances...two by martinelli and one by pepe. Laca and Özil need to shoot more and link up with each other more. Pepe and Martinelli are too raw and flaky right now. The main moves should flow between Özil and laca and xhaka should do a few potshots from outside the box.

Its just a very raw forward line. However the signs are good. Saka, Martinelli, Pepe, Özil, Laca front five has plenty f

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You've zero patience with anything ffs. :lol:

Championing Emery in his early days must've damaged you.

It's cos I've seen it all before, being an Arsenal fan seems like people just telling you it's gonna be good one day. How long should I be patient for?

I wanted to give Emery a chance but I feel like he faced the same problems Arsène did and Arteta will. Until we start signing players in positions we actually need, some cohesion to our transfers, maybe buy some players that make us better? Bellerin has been our only RB for years and he hasn't played in over a year with no replacement or anything.

It's just hopeless I can't handle it anymore, how did we spend so much in the summer just to get worse? We did the same thing in the Xhaka/Mustafi window.

bandaid

in the first 15 minutes, we missed three lovely chances...two by martinelli and one by pepe. Laca and Özil need to shoot more and link up with each other more. Pepe and Martinelli are too raw and flaky right now. The main moves should flow between Özil and laca and xhaka should do a few potshots from outside the box.

Its just a very raw forward line. However the signs are good. Saka, Martinelli, Pepe, Özil, Laca front five has plenty of potential upside

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
It's cos I've seen it all before, being an Arsenal fan seems like people just telling you it's gonna be good one day. How long should I be patient for?

I wanted to give Emery a chance but I feel like he faced the same problems Arsène did and Arteta will. Until we start signing players in positions we actually need, some cohesion to our transfers, maybe buy some players that make us better? Bellerin has been our only RB for years and he hasn't played in over a year with no replacement or anything.

It's just hopeless I can't handle it anymore, how did we spend so much in the summer just to get worse? We did the same thing in the Xhaka/Mustafi window.

Well, we will find out soon enough. This season is a write off and trial for Arteta. Once he gets a preseason with the team we will have a better idea of where we're headed, and even then we will still likely have a long way until we reach the promised land.

People were advocating for Wenger to get sacked because they were adamant that we'd be better off. How's that going? Luckily the worst part is over. Now we have to be patient otherwise we're just going in circles with the same arguments over and over again. Nobody's saying Arteta is going to be the greatest thing ever, but with Edu on board, they'll hopefully build a good connection between them in terms of squad recruitment, and most glaring needs.

Yeah it looks hopeless, especially we compare to other teams, but that's how it with everything else in life. This season has been joke, things aren't going to be great just like that, no matter what. Impossible job, certainly for a novice manager.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli

Why did we kick Emery then? Surely can't judge him with these players either? We shoulda given him 5 years to replace the entire team?

Ofc. we can judge him. If he can't make players play better then he is not a good manager.

Can't blame the players for everything. In the summer we will have enough material to judge Arteta.

Can't judge arteta with these players? so ridicilous.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Why did we kick Emery then? Surely can't judge him with these players either? We shoulda given him 5 years to replace the entire team?

Ofc. we can judge him. If he can't make players play better then he is not a good manager.

Can't blame the players for everything. In the summer we will have enough material to judge Arteta.

Can't judge arteta with these players? so ridicilous.
Key difference is we are seeing improvements under Arteta. There's a base now - we are compact and harder to create chances against. And that's with dogshit players.

Under Emery, there was nothing of any sort.

Top Bottom