• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Has to seriously work on controlling matches in both halves. Players' fitness not helping though.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He hasn't got much to work with, but I think he's doing a tremendous job. We're controlling games and look structured enough for us to have a good look at what we're missing, to identify the players who haven't got long term futures and see the areas where we can improve. Tbf, there are quite a few.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We've arguably played better in the away games as well. Good sign

Think the fact we have only won three games, yet many our still so positive on Arteta, shows how promising he has been!

Pretty much everything we have done, is better than what it was under Emery, though we are still at the start of the journey and have much more to do.

We should have beaten Chelsea and Sheffield United at home, missed chances to kill off the game, but at least we are playing well and that will come with time...probably should have beaten Bournemouth and Palace away too based on performances that day, we would have been flying then!

Think the main thing though, is that you can tell Arteta really "gets" Arsenal, very happy with El Boss.

blaze_of_glory

The difference in our approach to games and the patterns of our play are night and day compared to under Emery. We look like we want to be a big team again and our football is interesting and entertaining to watch.

I have all the time in the world for Arteta if this is how he wants to do things. So much easier to be patient when you can see that what is being sought is actually worth seeking.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

The best thing he's implemented can be seen in his very 1st training session from @3:45 in the video. Keep passing the ball until you find the free player, instructing the players to pass and move, look over their shoulder and drift into space. Has made the world of difference. Could see this impact within 10 minutes of the Bournemouth league game.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
32 days in the job and he's on the way to restoring our identity and a style of play, which with time, hard work and better players will see us at least have a chance of competing again. The results have been less than the work as opposed to Emery's start where poor play was rewarded with points but this strategy will bear fruit. It's even more remarkable given the players he has to work with.

Tactical plans tonight :

Xhaka dropping deep in line with center backs almost playing like LCB. The ball is juggled between defenders trying to move Bournemouth to right to create space for long ball to Saka from Mustafi.

We are showing up in games with some clear plans! Very happy to see it!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@Trilly Wondering where you are on the do you dare to believe scale.

I know its bournemouth, but so many players have improved in the finer details.
I’m firmly in the believer side.

I’m a sucker for optimism which is why this club repeatedly breaks me. I feel like there’s a winning run around the corner. If we can get three wins in a row let’s look at where we are and go from there.

Manberg

Predator
Burnley will be tough and I’m eager to see how he sets up the front three now that Auba is back. He has a bit of a selection headache.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I’m firmly in the believer side.

I’m a sucker for optimism which is why this club repeatedly breaks me. I feel like there’s a winning run around the corner. If we can get three wins in a row let’s look at where we are and go from there.

Yeah, I keep telling myself that the season is over and we won't get many wins in the league, but then you have spells where we actually dominate and look a proper team... You start to believe.

Early days and I wanted someone who was more of a finished article, but so far he's proven me wrong and I'm glad for it.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Burnley will be tough and I’m eager to see how he sets up the front three now that Auba is back. He has a bit of a selection headache.

He goes back to Laca up top and puts trust in th3 senior players. Think he values the bit more of phisicality that he offers over Aubameyang and that the letter offers a quicker outlet on the left with his pace.

Would be surprised to see Alex on the bench and Martin Nelly starting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom