<

Mikel Arteta: Serial Trophy Winner?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

1. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

You could support Sheffield, would be easier for you.
    They will even play european football next season, even more games for you!

2. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Yeah, cause the defenders he isn't playing are Sol Campbell level :facepalm:

He has been handed a pretty poor team and is trying to make the best of it, this group has gotten 2 managers sacked (one of which was here for 22 years) the squad needs an overhaul to a massive extreme.

El Duderino likes this.
  3. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Yeah this is a real worry.. I was hoping it was just standard press talk, but extending these guys is a ****ing joke.

LG10 and KrissKringle like this.
  4. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

Go and rewatch the highlights of this game, particularly the second half when they deliberately sat off us.

Our ability to move the ball efficiently in the middle and final third is taking shape. Xhaka, Ceballos, Tierney and Lacazette from deep today gave us an ability to pull their players out of position numerous times. Doing that to two tightly sitting banks of four is something to take encouragement from.

What's more important here is that we bring in the players to continue the work Arteta is doing. We cannot have players like Kolasinac, Mustafi and even Luiz (if possible) as consistent starting players for us next year.

5. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Really really disappointing. Thought Wolves would be a nice turning point for his in-game management but it was a false dawn.

6. LG10

LG10 Well-Known Member

Why’s he giving two serial losers, luiz and mustafi new contracts?

7. Tom349

Tom349 Well-Known Member

Literally the complete opposite. Under Emery it was a case of russian roulette. Far more disciplined and organised side under Arteta with the majority of our goals coming from individual mistakes like Kolasanic which are unforgivable.

lomekian likes this.
  8. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner That's Mrs. Ramsey to you buster!

There’s not a manager in the world that could fix our problems in 6 months. We’ve been tragic away from home vs the top 6 for so long now. There are some really deep rooted issues at the club
    I can see some small improvements & that’s a good starting point

9. sdotzdot

sdotzdot Well-Known Member

Exactly, they literally done a classic mourinho and sat back and let us keep the ball, wasn’t exactly domination...

10. Tom349

Tom349 Well-Known Member

We don't actually know if Mustafi is getting a contract, could easily be a ploy to make it seem like he is a required player in an effort to make whichever clubs interested in make a better offer.

11. ScotsGooner89

ScotsGooner89 Active Member

I want to give him all the chance possible, although he takes far too long to change things.

Why do you take Pepe off when we need a goal. You change the system to allow him to get in shooting positions more.

12. Camus

Camus Well-Known Member

What game did you watch? We created very very little. You're massively exaggerating how much our passing caused Sp**s problems. Which is exactly why they let us have it, they were fully aware we aren't that good attacking wise to cause even their dire defence serious problems.

13. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Arteta isn't in charge of contacts, this isn't like when Arsène was here, Mikel doesn't have that much power.

If Mikel is told we are signing them, he can either accept it or leave.

El Duderino and MutableEarth like this.
  14. MaraDon

MaraDon Wants you to learn about football

15. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Right manager. You look at the situation we are now but also what Arteta is doing and you tell your self, ok we will look good in 2-3 years time if we show patience!

oh to be a goon likes this.
  16. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Klopp had a LOT of days like this early on in his run :lol:. Poor ****s had Mignolet in goal!

Yeah, I wouldn't read too much into Arteta bigging them up in public. Pep does that **** all the time - look how long he'd been sucking Fodens dick in public but never giving him game time till the other day.

He just doesn't have the personnel, he's got a badly put together squad with little standout ability. I honestly thought it would be worse than it is, but Arteta so far has given me quite a bit to be cautiously optimistic about. I'm not gonna be drawn on any judgements right now.

Trilly and American_Gooner like this.
  17. Anders Harbo

Anders Harbo Well-Known Member

I like to. But I really really struggle to find something to believe in.

18. Camus

Camus Well-Known Member

It's actually embarrassing how comfortable Sp**s were in the belief that we'd eventually **** up and give them chances.

19. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

I don't understand why Bellerin was kept for so long on the pitch, or for that matter, why he started ahead of Cedric. We all know Bellerin would rather pass backwards than take his man on and cross it in the box, so that right side was pretty much dead.
    Cedric, for better or worse, whips in crosses, one of which was a beauty with the outside of his boot a la Quaresma and Rosicky.
    Bellerin would never dare do something as flamboyant as that.

20. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner That's Mrs. Ramsey to you buster!

This is the main concern right now