<

Mikel Arteta: Serial Trophy Winner?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

1. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

when we were dominating and failed to get a second the writing was on the wall.

We really need a plan B. The 3 at the back can give you a platform to build attacks and circulate the ball. when the tide turns it becomes a weakness down the sides as one man is effectively marking a full back and a winger. He is even more snookered if a midfielder drifts into that zone.

2. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

He's made the defence into at least the sum of its parts with this new system

He reacted to the woeful first two games post-restart and knew how to fix things.

No manager can fix individual errors under no pressure like Kolasinac made.

He's not perfect but I CBA criticising Arteta, he's bottom of the list and doinn a good job

El Duderino likes this.
  3. kofigunner

kofigunner Well-Known Member Trusted

True. So I don’t see any huge influx of cash for new players. There’s just going to be a few based on what we can get rid of, and then we will have to trust a few of the young guns to step up. Clearly not all our so called “experienced” players can cut it.

4. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

Wanna bet? :lol:

5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Luiz and Mari secured for next season, both ****. Is this what Arteta joined Arsenal for?

6. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

I fear Arteta is starting to have a collection of favorites or teacher's pets if you will.

You need a steady core of players you can trust and you shouldn't chop and change the team every week. But at the same time its becoming crystal clear that Arteta will pick certain players come hell or high water while others won't get a look in unless there is an injury.

This lot must be the smoothest bunch of operators that London Colney has ever seen or the greatest suck ups. The fact that some of these guys have been able to keep a shirt despite screwing up every week is mind-boggling.

Arteta needs to stop picking guys who can talk a good game on the training pitch or in the locker room and start picking players based on merit.

7. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Is Mari **** though?
    Who are you referring to?

8. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Looked poor so far, physically the guy is atrocious, can barely move.

9. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Arteta wants a left footed CB, not sure how he plans to fit both Luiz and Mari in the same side unless 3 at the back is permanent, that’s a worry.

lomekian and Ashybashy86 like this.
  10. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

To me he looks too green to manage a team at this level and he's quite naive.

EinmalImmerEwig likes this.
  11. gamechannel

gamechannel Active Member

I see some good things and I see some truly awful stuff from him.

Tactically, don't know why he shuts shop in the second half. Time and time again, dude is afraid to attack in the second half.

The 3 at the back would work if you have good defenders. But Kola, Luiz and Mustafi ain't gonna cut it. I get it why he doesn't want to use Holding or Sok as he wants his defenders to play forward balls to compensate for the lack of creativity in the middle of the park but that comes at a defensive cost.

I also get annoyed by hos double standards. He refuses to play Özil cuz of alleged lack of work ethic, yet Pepe is played even tbough he looks half asleep for most of the game. He continues to reward mustafi and luiz for their defensive mistakes yet Özil is the one that gets the step child treatment. How has holding sok done any worse than luiz and mustafi?

I like Arteta for his positive but god dammit, his negatives are too obvious to ignore.

KrissKringle likes this.
  12. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

We need another cb to partner saliba
    Need two cm partey and an am like grealish and partner them with cabellos(if loaned) or Xhaka though open for Xhaka to go. Need a more target man like striker with pace like Dembélé or oshimen. I’d rather amn go all out for rb

13. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

Let's see. Luiz, Mustafi and Xhaka are the main culprits. Even if Arteta believes that they're the best we got, there are times when you need to put your foot down as a coach and show that frequent mistakes will not be tolerated and drop people.

People talk about Wenger's laidback club atmosphere, but what does it say and what sort of message does it send to the entire squad, when Luiz can make mistake after mistake costing us games and keep his shirt?

I see a few fans trying to paint Arteta as this sharp disciplinarian, but I have yet to see it.

EinmalImmerEwig likes this.
  14. EinmalImmerEwig

EinmalImmerEwig Only Wants British Players At Arsenal

I think we should start with a plan A first.

Trilly, Tourbillion and KrissKringle like this.
  15. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

I know I just try to live in hope.

Cant see any defensive signings. Think that's our lot.

16. EinmalImmerEwig

EinmalImmerEwig Only Wants British Players At Arsenal

And get a new contract!

17. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

I live in hope too but he’s a 27 year old who has never played top level football.

This is called false hope.

Trilly, hydrofluoric acid and DanDare like this.
  18. Manberg

Manberg Predator

I’m a firm believer in Arteta but tactically he came up short. For the simple reason that every Sp**s player apart from their front line was sitting deep and just letting us have the ball. Arteta’s tactics is reliant on teams midfield coming out and pressing in order to play around or over them. Sp**s just defended to sit deep while cutting out passing lanes in order to counter. It’s Jose and we needed a plan B. Probably not enough time in training to work fully on tactics though.

19. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Backing him strongly but he does **** me off at times. Match day management is League Two right now.

Shalmaneser V likes this.
  20. Shalmaneser V

Shalmaneser V Well-Known Member

Arteta against the big 6:

A Sp**s L
    H Leicester D
    A Man City L
    A Chelsea D
    H Man Utd W
    H Chelsea L

Solskjaer against the big 6:

A Sp**s D