Mikel Arteta: Serial Trophy Winner?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

1. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

72M for Pepe and in total 10M for Mari looks pretty dodgy too in my opinion.

GoonerJeeves likes this.
  2. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

We went from 5th to 10th with Raul. Didn’t sign the top defender his manager wanted, over paid for Pepe. Didn’t replace Ramsey.

krengon likes this.
  3. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

You’re forgetting two spots are already secured by Liverpool and City, they’re miles ahead of us. I’m 100% confident that Utd will strength during the window and they have an outside chance of possibly even challenging for the title next season.

There’s only one spot to play for and the way Chelsea are strengthening it looks like they’ll be a force next season.

I think 5 quality signings will get us back into the CL and Arteta even knows it.

Sanchez11 likes this.
  4. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Never heard Klopp or Poch speak like this when they first got their jobs. Pep has left a terrible mark on Arteta, acting like a cheque book manager so early in his career.

I hoped he’d be a Klopp/Poch clone, not a Pep/Mourinho.

5. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

We're 40 points off top spot

Camron and GoonerJeeves like this.
  6. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

I must admit considering how much dross we have and Arteta never managing before, he is doing well. I might be coming off the fence slowly!!

7. Hunta

What’s that got to do with Arteta acting like a spoilt brat?

8. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

Arteta has learnt the winning formula from Pep. It’s clear he wants to spend 200m on 4 fullbacks.

9. Hunta

Disgusting character you have to say.

Josh and Stan will get him in for a nasty meeting I’d imagine.

10. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Is he though?

[​IMG]

Just said he doesn't know if hell have money and that you can't get better by magic

GoonerJeeves and MutableEarth like this.
  11. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

He gave it to the top brass man :lol:. Kinda have to respect it.

Trilly, lufere7, El Duderino and 7 others like this.
  12. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Vinai standing up celebrating Cedric's goal vs Norwich is still giving me rage fits ffs

13. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Let's also remember he still pretty new about doing interviews for a manage so he'll need to learn how to answer questions like Wenger style.

14. Hunta

His quotes in the past week are there for all to read.

He’s pushing his luck.

15. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

Kroenke needs to sack Raul ASAP

If he invests then that is going to be shared around the agents in particular Kia.

16. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

lol Arteta saw that performance and had a panic attack.

Seriously though, he's right. But even with limited funds you can still find good value in the transfer market, this is where the quality of our scouting will show. Most important thing is to get quality players that will improve the team, not more players around the same level or worse than what we currently have.

Troopz likes this.
  17. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Whats Arteta done wrong? He's asking for the same board that gave him the job to back him in the market to help the club compete. Respect to the man for calling them out. People calling him a "cheque book manager", **** off out of here. Where did not spending get Poch? Weird how Liverpool only found success once Klopp spent big money.
    We're not getting back into the Champions League, never mind challenging for the title, regardless of manager, without big investment.

Squillaci, bingobob, lufere7 and 6 others like this.
  18. Manberg

Manberg Predator

I don’t want that. I’m liking this from Arteta. I appreciate honesty. I hardly bothered to listen to a Wenger interview it was always predictable.

Taneruit, Sanchez11 and DanDare like this.
  19. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

If Arteta was really serious about needing cash he would have let Liverpool batter us tonight.

He is just trolling.

20. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

It is only going to get tougher and we will fall further behind if we dont spend. Tbh i dont trust the 3 amigos above Arteta, the only good thing Edu has done is Martinelli.