Mikel Arteta: Serial Trophy Winner?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Dec 20, 2019.

1. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Back me, or sack me.

Gooner416, lufere7, Ash10 and 9 others like this.
  2. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

And he'll get us 100+ mil in 2-3 years if he's managed well here, so there's that.

3. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Agreed the kid is going to be electric not a doubt in my mind.

KrissKringle likes this.
  4. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

@GDeep™

Squillaci likes this.
  5. Baki

Baki Active Member

Arteta is right. There’s no magic that will close the gap. Only investment. I think Kroenke will need to invest otherwise the club will continue to spiral down into mid-table obscurity. If that happens, his shares will be worth a lot less.

Makingtrax, Emeryates, asukru and 5 others like this.
  6. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

https://arseblog.news/2020/07/marca-arsenal-ready-to-bid-for-permanent-ceballos-deal/

Interesting quotes even before the Liverpool game.

You have to give him credit for highlighting the change needed.

7. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Yep. He bought out Usmanov at an inflated price and the club has gone downhill ever since. If we continue finishing in the Europa League spots or lower the value of the club is only going one way and so are his profits.

lomekian likes this.
  8. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

9. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Arsène could be vague but was always interesting and insightful to listen to.

AberGooner and GoonerJeeves like this.
  10. Wilshero

Wilshero Active Member

Loving this from Arteta, his statements are obvious and investing is the only way we'll progress with the competition we have. However, it is as important as ever to invest in value, not buying overpriced players just because you can.

11. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

The owner must act really. No excuses with ffp restrictions loosened. We can spend as much as we want.

12. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Here is what I was I was able to find:

Looks pretty bad to me. Full stamp with the studs.

Sorry about the late reply. Have been in mourning since the Sp**s game. Just needed to get away from all things Arsenal for a while.

Oxeki likes this.
  13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Again, why are some still protecting Raul? We finished 5th last year, lost a bunch of players, didn’t improve weaknesses etc and are now midtable.

Raul signed Luiz who has been poor all season, Raul signed Dani Cebellos who we wait 12 months to perform, over paid for Pepe etc.

We came into this season with a terrible defence and midfield.

14. Manberg

Manberg Predator

We need fan action. Show support for the manager. Demand action from the board. Make noise online.

15. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

If the backing isn’t there he’ll get sacked soon anyway as the team will keep continuing to struggle, and it’s always the manager who goes.

Don’t forget we could lose Auba, still. Imagine having to replace his 25 goals a season. Things could get much darker.

GoonerJeeves likes this.
  16. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

It isn't Rauls fault a signing(s) don't perform the way they should. He got Saliba, Pepe, Martinelli and Tierney last summer which was an excellent window and a lot of money spent.

17. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

He knows half our team are sh*the and big up the man for having the balls to come out and say it. Sends a message out to our players as well.

18. Manberg

Manberg Predator

We need to be in a position where the manager tells the board or Raul/whoever who to buy and they go and buy him, no questions asked.

19. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

Another letter is being prepared which will include a few tears of HughWizzy.

#WeCareDoYou

sdotzdot and krengon like this.
  20. lomekian

lomekian Well-Known Member

This aged well ;-)